HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2013, 12:32 AM
  #1
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Around the NHL III

other thread is at 1,000 ... ill post the last post, which was mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
if we lose to calgary, we are a lock for the #3 pick... lose out and i think we get the #2 pick. florida has a lock on #1 .. we just need to hope no team below us wins the lottery.. as long as we pick top 3, we're good.. don't think you can go wrong with drouin or mackinnon.. although i think the obvious first choice is mackinnon. simply because of our lack of top 6 centers.. i think forsberg may better be suited for wing

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
  #2
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
really big for us tonight that the flames beat detroit! gives us a great a shot at #3 or better!

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 01:48 AM
  #3
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
I feel icky rooting for Calgary but woo hoo thank you Flames!

golfmade is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 07:54 AM
  #4
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,243
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I feel icky rooting for Calgary but woo hoo thank you Flames!
I feel even more icky hoping we lose to detroit and columbus in the coming days.

If our last game against columbus means if we lose columbus gets in but if we win detroit gets in I think my head will explode.

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
  #5
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I feel even more icky hoping we lose to detroit and columbus in the coming days.

If our last game against columbus means if we lose columbus gets in but if we win detroit gets in I think my head will explode.
You know, as much as I dislike Detroit and Columbus, I can't help but feel a little pride for Columbus. They trade away the face of their franchise for the first 10 years of their existence to be battling for a playoff spot. They play hard every night and while they may be the enemy, I have respect for them now as a team. If they make it in, good for them, they earned it. They have guys that want to be there and are playing as a team should. They honestly remind me a lot of us so maybe all those years of us beating up on them taught them many lessons.

glenngineer is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
  #6
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
You know, as much as I dislike Detroit and Columbus, I can't help but feel a little pride for Columbus. They trade away the face of their franchise for the first 10 years of their existence to be battling for a playoff spot. They play hard every night and while they may be the enemy, I have respect for them now as a team. If they make it in, good for them, they earned it. They have guys that want to be there and are playing as a team should. They honestly remind me a lot of us so maybe all those years of us beating up on them taught them many lessons.
I'm adopting them as my East team next year. Love what is going on there.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:23 AM
  #7
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
I'm sure almost all of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, check out the start of the B's game last night. Incredible.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
  #8
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'm sure almost all of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, check out the start of the B's game last night. Incredible.
And the end, too- BOTH teams went onto the ice and saluted the Boston crowd after the game- awesome......

drwpreds is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 500
Pulling for Boston now.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:04 AM
  #10
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Pulling for Boston now.
Agreed. I've rooted against them for a long time (formal big rival of the Whale), but for this post season anyway, go B's.

Forgot to post the link earlier....

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=240032

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
  #11
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
my mom's side is from New England but as much as I tried...can't root for the B's.


Isles are my team in the East for the post season

AintLifeGrand is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
  #12
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
No can't root for the Bs they scarred my heart too much.

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
  #13
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
And the end, too- BOTH teams went onto the ice and saluted the Boston crowd after the game- awesome......
awesome I didnt get to see that, only the beginning. Which was still great to see.

CalleJAMkrok is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
  #14
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
awesome I didnt get to see that, only the beginning. Which was still great to see.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 01:52 PM
  #15
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm adopting them as my East team next year. Love what is going on there.
Yeah, me too. I'm so glad they're in the east next year. They are building a great team.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
  #16
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Yeah, me too. I'm so glad they're in the east next year. They are building a great team.
I love how they refused to buy into the "Let's tank for a few years" crap like Edmonton. That is a group of blue collar workers with a never-say-die attitude. No star, just lots of guys contributing, with a Philly-reject in net playing at a Vezina level. And a smallish market to boot.

What's not to love?

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
  #17
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I love how they refused to buy into the "Let's tank for a few years" crap like Edmonton. That is a group of blue collar workers with a never-say-die attitude. No star, just lots of guys contributing, with a Philly-reject in net playing at a Vezina level. And a smallish market to boot.

What's not to love?
I LOVE the fact that Philly is so impatient, he was great in his rookie year and goalies don't hit their prime until their late 20's. Hilarious. Glad he went to Columbus.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
  #18
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,243
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I love how they refused to buy into the "Let's tank for a few years" crap like Edmonton. That is a group of blue collar workers with a never-say-die attitude. No star, just lots of guys contributing, with a Philly-reject in net playing at a Vezina level. And a smallish market to boot.

What's not to love?
are you talking about Columbus?? It may not have been intentional but they have "tanked" about as much as Edmonton has the last few years.. they just failed to win the draft lottery plus made some bad chioces with their high first rounders...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
  #19
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 500
I'm lost. How did Columbus get brought into this?

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
  #20
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
are you talking about Columbus?? It may not have been intentional but they have "tanked" about as much as Edmonton has the last few years.. they just failed to win the draft lottery plus made some bad chioces with their high first rounders...
This year, everyone had them pegged as a bottom feeder, an rather than buying that and saying "if we can't win, we might as well tank", they played their arses off and are in contention. They didn't tank as hard as Edmonton IMO.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  #21
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,885
vCash: 500
Everyone had them pegged as a bottom feeder because that's the only thing they've ever shown period. I mean look this is their best season and they're still a bubble team.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
  #22
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Ok two NYC outdoor games the same week as the NYC super bowl, pure genius. Utter genius.

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
  #23
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Big games tonight: Florida, Tampa, Carolina and Philly all need to win.

braindead is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
  #24
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
damn it montreal.. every team we wanted to win.. lost.

nj/philly is irrelevant imo.. hopefully carolina can make a comeback

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
  #25
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
God, Tampa couldn't hold the tie for one more freaking minute could they.

Soundgarden is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.