HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Some Funny Quotes While We Wait .....

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
TheBudsForever

vCash: 500
Some Funny Quotes While We Wait .....

"I'm glad it's him and not some other puke." -- Tiger Williams on Tie Domi breaking the Leafs' -- and Williams's -- record for career penalty minutes.

"Maybe we should hire another coach, so we can push him." -- Dallas Stars goalie Ed Belfour after hearing that coach Ken Hitchcock wanted backup Marty Turco to push Belfour for the No. 1 job.

"I told her they must all be sold out." -- Wade Belak's response to his mother when she said she couldn't find his sweater for sale at the Leafs' souvenir shop in the Air Canada Centre.

"I'd trade Larry Murphy for a shaved monkey who could skate and a bucket of pucks." - angry Toronto Maple Leafs fan

" All the records were gone. So I figured here's one record I can get." - Robert Dirk, after being accessed the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's first ever instigator penalty.

"I used to pray to the Lord every night to make me a hockey player. Of course, I forgot to mention the NHL so I spent 16 years in the minors." -- Don Cherry

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little ******* was taken." - New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur

"Yeah, Im cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesnt mean Im not a nice person." - Jeremy Roenick

"Hes easy to do. Sit on the bench. Play about 10 minutes a game." - Jaromir Jagr joking about doing an impression of Matthew Barnaby

"Every time I see you naked I feel bad for your wife" -- Jagr to Matthew Barnaby.

"Lunch is on me" -- Brendan Shanahan after signing a $26 million dollar contract

"Goaltending is a normal job. Sure! How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and fifteen thousand people stood up and yelled at you."
-Hall of Fame goaltender Jacques Plante.

"I'd drink more."
- Bobby Hull, when asked how he would handle his career 'all over again'

"What are you doing in this league?" -- Chris Nilan (January 15, 1988) during a game, when Flyers goon Dave Brown asks him what hes doing on the power play.

I just told him to drop the &%^# puck. I didnt suggest his mother had swum after troop ships or anything. -- Mark Messier, expressing disbelief at having received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

"As a kid, I used to always like to eat chocolate. My mother told me I eat too much candy. She used to hide the candy in the house, but I went to look for it." -- Kovalchuk after having nine rotten teeth pulled by a dentist upon his arrival to Atlanta. Ironically, his mother is a dentist.

"Optimistically, you hope someday you'll be in a magazine. Of course, your mom hopes it's Sports Illustrated or something like that." -- Colorado's Dan Hinote, who was interviewed in Penthouse magazine.

"I'm from Western Canada. I've driven a rear-wheel-drive Trans-Am in four feet of snow before. I'm not really worried about five inches." -- Former Carolina winger Shane Willis, an Edmonton native, after a storm blew through Raleigh, N.C.

"That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my #$%@& clothes!" - Blackhawk Stu Grimson, on why he keeps a photo of himself above his locker.

"Hockey is a man's game. The team with the most real men wins."
- Brian Burke

"Sometimes you think they must have come out of the chimp cages at the Bronx zoo." - Boston Goalie Gerry Cheevers on New York hockey fans

"Daneyko got mad when Kaminski said he was going to knock his teeth out. Dano has only two teeth left, so you can't say that to Dano." - New Jersey Devils Head Coach Jacques Lemaire in the Ken Daneyko - Kevin Kaminski feud

"He just got me in the right spot. In the small of the back. A good, clean, dirty hit...not that I didn't deserve it." - Chris Chelios after taking a hit from Calgary Flames defensemen Glen Featherstone

"I tried to talk my daughter out of going with a hockey player," says Phil. Carrie Esposito, daughter of Phil married Alexander Selivanov.

"But hes a good kid. He asked me if he could marry Carrie before he asked her. I said: "You want to what? I thought he was just going to ask for more ice time." - Phil Esposito

Old
08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Rand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBudsForever
"I'm from Western Canada. I've driven a rear-wheel-drive Trans-Am in four feet of snow before. I'm not really worried about five inches." -- Former Carolina winger Shane Willis, an Edmonton native, after a storm blew through Raleigh, N.C.

5inches is enough to get people into a panic and rush to the store to stock up on mil and bread in SC, I doubt it's any different in NC.
Quite amusing after spending one's life in Canada.

Closed Thread