HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo (2013-14 season) -- Update Apr. 7, 2014: Suspended four games

Old
04-04-2014, 03:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not wrong. Rinaldo's impact is minimal because his ice time is minimal.

Oh, and you might want to go back and check GKJ's post. He's not even best on the team at drawing penalties, so that ability was overblown, much like his ability to terrify other teams into changing how they play.
By the way, I don't think behindthenet counts coincidental penalties in his metrics, so those numbers probably don't reflect those nor the misconducts he takes.

The guy on the Ducks no one talks about is Cogliano. Which makes sense as everyone makes good use of former Oilers. He's a fantastic possession player, produces, and doesn't need power play time to do so. I wonder if a team of active former Oilers would be a playoff team.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 04:00 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

vCash: 500
Dont know what to think about Rinaldo at the moment. He could improve with experience but I am concerned that he has no scoring ability, so he'll always be on the 4th Line. Definitely not like Talbot.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Damaged Goods

That's why you should never trust Zac Rinaldo. Pic related. Undisciplined people do undisciplined things. When, when, when will the Flyers seemingly endless patience with him run out?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:55 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
That's why you should never trust Zac Rinaldo. Pic related. Undisciplined people do undisciplined things. When, when, when will the Flyers seemingly endless patience with him run out?

Berube still talks him up according to broadcasters, which is odd because he usually only gets 7 or 8 minutes per game. Rinaldo should know what gets called by now.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:34 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Every team has a Rinaldo type player Ya once in awhile he steps over the edge but **** happens he will be gone for 2-3gms but when he comes back he will be back in the lineup coach likes him

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 10:15 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

just a bizarre situation...i like him and i think he brings very important things we need but he seriously cant control himself.
hes a crazy fighter and a crazy hitter but i think he is just a little...crazy...but for real.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Any Rinaldo fan would have taken 2 suspensions in his first 165 games. This coming from his biggest detractor.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Ynow, if I wanted to be a dick and get some infractions I'd go in the thread on the main board and say that it was the guys fault because he saw Rinaldo coming and turned his back to him.

If that's the excuse every time a Flyers player gets hit by a dirty one I'd love to say it just to see people lose their minds.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 11:25 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You would take Rinaldo over a Blair Betts type player? I wouldn't.
Neither would I. It's hard to believe that you can't find a better hockey player to play on the 4th line than Zac.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 11:34 PM
PhilaFlyers

People on the main board saying Rinaldo should be banned for life. The hit was bad but jeeze, the knee jerk reactions on this site are ridiculous.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
People on the main board saying Rinaldo should be banned for life. The hit was bad but jeeze, the knee jerk reactions on this site are ridiculous.
They're a bunch of dramatic children.

"The worst hit I've seen in years" ..Please, it's not even the worst hit this season. I hate the main board.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Broad Street Elite

I hope Rinaldo gets 5+ games. Ridiculous hit.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:20 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
why do people get worked up over the crap that spewed on the main board

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Any Rinaldo fan would have taken 2 suspensions in his first 165 games. This coming from his biggest detractor.
It's not just the looming suspension. Four penalties in one game to add to his awful penalty +/- this year when the coach has publicly preaching discipline since he took over. The suspension actually solves a problem because he can't take penalties while he's banned from playing. I don't understand how you could trust this guy in a playoff series, though.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 04:28 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
What's with all those Flames fans coming in there, trashing Rinaldo? (and by trashing I mean all those overreactions like "the biggest clown ever", "Dirtiest player in the last decade" etc.) I mean I can understand the Pens meatheads jumping in there, but what the hell did Zac do to some team from Alberta?

Last edited by kudymen: 04-07-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: cleaned that up
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 06:13 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm a Rinaldo fan, but enough is enough. They need to have a serious sit down with him and get through to him that these undisciplined acts can no longer be tolerated and that he's going to seriously injure someone and his career will come to an end. He seemed like he was being reined in a bit this year and I had big hopes that he could become an effective checking forward that can keep the opposition honest. Instead, he's reverting back to his cement head ways in junior in which he was nothing more than a heat seeking missile that was looking to do nothing more than hurt someone.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
why do people get worked up over the crap that spewed on the main board

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
It's not just the looming suspension. Four penalties in one game to add to his awful penalty +/- this year when the coach has publicly preaching discipline since he took over. The suspension actually solves a problem because he can't take penalties while he's banned from playing. I don't understand how you could trust this guy in a playoff series, though.
This is it. It's not just a "heat of the moment" thing. Rinaldo was out of control in a game the Flyers were dominating. If nothing else, I hope someone called Rinaldo out for a stupid, selfish act that lost Mason a shutout.

In my opinion this is addition by subtraction. It forces Berube to choose someone else for the fourth line. Of course, I will be surprised if Rosehill doesn't end up as the main beneficiary. Not that this team needs an actual hockey player on the fourth line.w

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 07:36 AM
sg12lw

Personally, I am not as upset with the "dirtiness" of the hit as most people. Not saying it's clean by any means but I really don't think Zac is a dirty player out to ruin people's careers. He is just an idiot who gets a little to excited when he sees a green light hit. No need for a big hit in a 4-0 game vs Buffalo in the 3rd period. Just dumb.

What bothers me is that Zac was getting third line minutes. He is a penalty waiting to happen. Has been his whole career. Love his energy, but I am sorry, if you need a 4th line plug to spark your team night after night then something is wrong. Not to mention he has nowhere near enough skill/brains to play in a checking line role against the leagues top players.

With any luck he will get suspended for the first few playoff games and we win those games causing Chief to keep Zac out of the lineup the rest of the way.

Shouldn't be any need for an "energy" guy come playoffs. If the rest of the team can't come up with their own energy we have a big problem. Regular season? sure, go ahead, 4th lines aren't all that important. Playoffs? No thanks.

Give me laughton-mcginn-vandevelde as a 4th over hall-rinaldo-xxx any day.

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 07:47 AM
flyershockey

Phone hearing for Rinaldo apparently. Really shocked by that one, as this was as good a chance as any for the league to really throw the book at someone.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

The Flyers were due for a suspension. It would've been quite the feat to go a whole season without any suspensions for a Flyers player.

Dirty hit, no doubt. But I hope he's back in the lineup come playoff time.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Game or two for last night? I think his post-game comments may have saved him form anything serious.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Game or two for last night? I think his post-game comments may have saved him form anything serious.
What did he say? I never saw what he said.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 09:28 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty but Good View Post
What did he say? I never saw what he said.
Basically that he knew it wasn't a good hit, no reason for the hit, etc. Didn't try to defend it and I think (could be wrong) he even said that there is no place in the game for hits like that or that this is the type of hit we are trying to eliminate or something along those lines. He even said something like, "This always happens with me, I get on a good streak and I do something stupid." That may have saved him a couple games if you ask me. But we'll see. Doesn't he have a phone hearing today?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

He should just say he was leaping to avoid contact. Shanny loves that excuse.

Though seriously, those comments make it sound like he struggles to control himself.