HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge: OK Igor, stop killing the dogs. The Olympics are over.

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Jet
BrYahn Liiiitulll

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
Yeah, I wondered. Never heard of that call before. It was called illegal takedown over the PA system. Still didn't know there was really a illegal way to bring the player down.

And yeah, canes player made a questionable hit to the numbers and hunter jumped him. It was the right thing to do. Game got a bit chippy.
I've never heard that before either but with the way the CHL is taking head injuries so seriously I would bet it was some kind of trip or something that induced a risk of the player striking their head on the ice, which you know is extremely serious.

02-28-2014, 12:58 AM
DespoticNewt

I can't tell you how much I love Duran Duran's 'Ordinary World'. Such an amazing hook.

Old
02-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Jet
BrYahn Liiiitulll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I can't tell you how much I love Duran Duran's 'Ordinary World'. Such an amazing hook.
Great song! I am rebuilding a classic hits library from scratch and have been listening to a ton of music from the 70s through today and you forget just how amazing some of this music is. Watching the videos is great too. My only regret is I have so much music to go through I rarely get to listen to an entire song.

Old
02-28-2014, 07:55 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 03-01-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: censored the bad word
Old
02-28-2014, 09:56 AM
DespoticNewt

Hahaha. Love it.

Old
02-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Smelling Salt

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Yeah I love it too. The radio edit ruins it though. Gotta have the full version.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...g-0s-1.1131453

This made me angry.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
LadyJet26
Beaver Wheels

vCash: 1112
Some kids need to be held back. And they won't even push a kid up a grade in class either. This is what I had in grade 10 in english and they wouldn't put me in grade 12 english in grade 11. Was finished the entire course halfway through the semester.

Old
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
But if we don't shelter our children from harsh reality, where will the next generation of entitled narcissists come from?

Old
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
But if we don't shelter our children from harsh reality, where will the next generation of entitled narcissists come from?
Good point.

And apparently Putin celebrates that the Olympics are over by going completely bat****tier insane. And I was in such a good mood this morning...

Old
03-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Good point.

And apparently Putin celebrates that the Olympics are over by going completely bat****tier insane. And I was in such a good mood this morning...
I was pretty sure we'd be seeing tanks in Ukraine as soon as the Olympics were done. Don't worry though - Obama's going to dish out the most severe punishment he can conceive of: he will withhold his own presence from the G8 meeting is Sochi. Boom. Your move Vladmir.

Old
03-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
After learning more about places like Romania and Ukraine this whole Russia **** really pisses me off.

Old
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Hero of Canton
My very own riot?

vCash: 466
Quote:
This is couple of years old and if I remeber correctly he was fired for it. The policy is beyond ridiculous, high school already does very little to prepare you for entering the workforce or post-secondary institutions and all this policy does is further the gap between school and reality. The goal of schools now is just to push everyone through to keep their numbers high rather than trying to actually educate.

To be fair to the school though, the teacher was well aware of the policy and purposely violated it which is why he was suspended. Really it is the fact that the policy was instituted in the first place that is the problem but it was not only Shep that was putting this in place. I know most schools in Edmonton put this in around the same time and I am sure a lot across Canada did the same.

Old
03-01-2014, 09:57 PM
LadyJet26
Beaver Wheels

vCash: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
After learning more about places like Romania and Ukraine this whole Russia **** really pisses me off.
I'm part Russian but Russia seriously needs to **** off and leave Ukraine alone. God forbid they want their economy to actually succeed.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:00 PM
DancesWithWookies

Olli and Friends

Good luck sleepin tonight.

Old
03-02-2014, 03:44 AM
Hero of Canton
My very own riot?

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaveJesus View Post

Good luck sleepin tonight.
Why does this keep popping up, I need sleep, I love sleep, and the lack there of just proceeds to make this all the worse.

Old
03-02-2014, 01:00 PM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The kid is alright!

You know your in Manitoba when you put a ice cube tray full of water outside because it freezes quicker out there then in the freezer

Also, just made the hard decision to sell my drum kit. Wasn't an easy one to make as one day I could decide, hey, I really want to play again. I've put almost 2K into them and am getting 1K. Which will hopefully go towards jets playoff tickets

Old
03-02-2014, 01:22 PM
pucka lucka
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
You know your in Manitoba when you put a ice cube tray full of water outside because it freezes quicker out there then in the freezer

Also, just made the hard decision to sell my drum kit. Wasn't an easy one to make as one day I could decide, hey, I really want to play again. I've put almost 2K into them and am getting 1K. Which will hopefully go towards jets playoff tickets
Are you young? Are you good? If the answer is yes & no. By another set in a few years. If it's yes and yes. Don't sell you'll regret it. Advice from a guy who 2x sold all his music gear and now wants it all back now that he has a son.

Old
03-02-2014, 01:37 PM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The kid is alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Are you young? Are you good? If the answer is yes & no. By another set in a few years. If it's yes and yes. Don't sell you'll regret it. Advice from a guy who 2x sold all his music gear and now wants it all back now that he has a son.
Yes and meh. It was something I was extremely into for a while, and then didn't play for a while, and got really into it again, and now haven't played for almost 2 years.

They guy has already sent the cheque so there really is no going back.

It's not that there is any intrest from me to play now, just one of the things I feel I may regret

Old
03-02-2014, 05:02 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

This cold snap is friggin ridiculous - our poor little doggie doesn't want to go outside to do her business because her little paws freeze. Now I've resorted to going outside with her every time so I have visual proof she's had a dump, otherwise she'll just do her business in a corner behind the couch in the living room.

She's a bad little dog, but gets away with everything because her best trick is being cute.

Old
03-02-2014, 05:04 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 145
Hah! What a cutie, DM.

Old
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

she's a cutey Monty.....it would be tough to stay mad at that face.

Old
03-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
This cold snap is friggin ridiculous - our poor little doggie doesn't want to go outside to do her business because her little paws freeze. Now I've resorted to going outside with her every time so I have visual proof she's had a dump, otherwise she'll just do her business in a corner behind the couch in the living room.

She's a bad little dog, but gets away with everything because her best trick is being cute.

Dogs looking disapprovingly at you is the worst. It's right up there with a baby who can't speak, but blabbers something and then looks at you like he can't understand why you're not answering.

Nothing in the world makes you feel as guilty!

Old
03-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

So, either a cute girl from my math class is into me, or I'm just freaking hilarious.

Unfortunately, I'm way to entitled to believe that I'm not freaking hilarious.

Old
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
pucka lucka
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post

Now I know what kind of chair you have.

Closed Thread