HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Left off America's Olympic Team

Old
01-01-2014, 06:32 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
He didn't have to be an ass about his incorrect opinion.
Yeah. If he was just wrong, but at least courteous about it, people would be more forgiving.

Unfortunately that isn't the Burke way. He needs to prove that not only is he an idiot, but an ass as well.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:33 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

They took Martin, Carlson, Fowler and Faulk over Yandle. That is a major wtf choice for me along with Ryan. That defense is pretty bad imo. Mobile but soft and inexperienced. I don't think Orpik will be too effective as a shut down guy on the big ice against the likes of Toews and Crosby. Highly doubt this team will be able to beat Canada, Russia or Sweden. But they have great goaltending so they have that going for them.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I'm more baffled with Patches than JVR to be honest. The guy has 4 ****ing assists.
He plays with Desharnais who doesn't shoot. Mind you, he's on pace for 44 goals in 82 games lol He has better speed and all that, still, I felt Ryan would be on the team. I believe these two played on a line with Stastny at a WC, I may be wrong. Always a fan of Ryan and I hope you get a pumped up ryan for the 2nd half.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
They took Martin, Carlson, Fowler and Faulk over Yandle. That is a major wtf choice for me along with Ryan. That defense is pretty bad imo. Mobile but soft and inexperienced. I don't think Orpik will be too effective as a shut down guy on the big ice against the likes of Toews and Crosby. Highly doubt this team will be able to beat Canada, Russia or Sweden. But they have great goaltending so they have that going for them.
I think they over analyzed the situation here. They probably have valid reasons for each player but if it fails and doesn't go according to plan there will be obvious "what were you thinking?" comments. That D-core is worse than the forward group TBH. Up front, Ryan is questionable. D wise? Why Orpik? Where's Yandle? E. Johnson?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Ryan is going to to see this as the first by product of playing in Canada whether true or not. Being left of the team is a direct result of not playing in the US. If he were on the Ducks right now he would be lighting it up and there would be no way he is left off.

If Ottawa misses the playoffs count that as another reason for him to bolt.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
HockeySens

Pacioretty made it? He doesnt strike me as intense and he can be quite streaky and even at his best he is not better than ryan. The guy will probably get injured in his first game. If they're problem is speed then why not pick yandle? I also think that olympics is offense orientated and leaving yandle and ryan does not make sense.

I hope the olympics become really high scoring and the U.S. have trouble scoring.

GO CANADA

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:46 PM
melnyk budget*

wheeler over ryan. lol

either i'm really underrating wheeler or just lol

oh well, better for the sens. sucks for ryan.

melnyk budget* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Senators65

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Ryan is going to to see this as the first by product of playing in Canada whether true or not. Being left of the team is a direct result of not playing in the US. If he were on the Ducks right now he would be lighting it up and there would be no way he is left off.

That is bs being that wheeler and pacioretty made the usa team and they are playing for a canadian team.

Last edited by Senators65: 01-01-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Senators65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:54 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:

Makes no sense. Pacioretty made it while playing in Canada and while have less goals-assists.

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:54 PM
blahblah3

Team USA is going to be a disaster this year. No Ryan, and going with Howard means they won't even finish top 3. I am predicting Finland will finish ahead of them.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
Team USA is going to be a disaster this year. No Ryan, and going with Howard means they won't even finish top 3. I am predicting Finland will finish ahead of them.
Howard is a non-factor. Quick will be starting

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:58 PM
blahblah3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Howard is a non-factor. Quick will be starting
He better stand on his head for them.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:

Brilliant point. Top notch analysis. I mean, how is Burke supposed to ever see Ryan play living in Calgary?

I'll be really upset when team Canada takes Tyler Bozak and Jason Spezza over Sidney Crosby and Ryan Getzlaf because they play in American markets.

Old
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:

There have been seasons that Anaheim never made it.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
SilverRed

Quote:

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:14 PM
PeskySens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoutineSp00nZ View Post
After what happened to Hasek in the olympics, I'd be quite happy if nobody from the Senators went to Russia
Pretty much what I was thinking. I keep hoping 65 gets snubbed too! .

Seriously though, terrible roster management by team US if he and Yandle are off that roster. Overall, I'll be glad when the Olympics are over and real hockey begins again. The novelty has worn off for me at this point.

PeskySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Nordic*

In all honesty, aside from 10-12 games, he's been pretty meh, irregardless of putting up points. He's not leading this team, he isn't dominant.

He's not getting much ice-time either, something that has made me wonder what is wrong with him.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:20 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Irregardless

Old
01-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Yeah. If he was just wrong, but at least courteous about it, people would be more forgiving.

Unfortunately that isn't the Burke way. He needs to prove that not only is he an idiot, but an ass as well.
It isn't even about us, or hell even Bobby Ryan. It's about Bryan Murray. Burke just took a post-dated dump all over him.

You can talk poorly about your teams players all you want, it may not be the best idea but it's your bed and you get to lay in it. What you don't do it talk poorly about other teams players in anything but the most delicate fashion, if at all. Burke may think that because he is wearing his Team U.S.A hat that it absolves him from this but I reckon it does not. Bobby Ryan isn't his damn player any more.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Ed Wood

I feel badly for Ryan. He deserves to be there but I'm cheering for Canada and I think this is good news for us. This and the fact that the American defense looks like a train wreck.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Senators65

Burke is just a fat loser that needs to keep to mouth shut. He not only insulted bobby ryan with his comments, but he also insulted bryan murray in a way.

Senators65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:38 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
It isn't even about us, or hell even Bobby Ryan. It's about Bryan Murray. Burke just took a post-dated dump all over him.

You can talk poorly about your teams players all you want, it may not be the best idea but it's your bed and you get to lay in it. What you don't do it talk poorly about other teams players in anything but the most delicate fashion, if at all. Burke may think that because he is wearing his Team U.S.A hat that it absolves him from this but I reckon it does not. Bobby Ryan isn't his damn player any more.
You make really good points here. I also think that Burke has some sort of pathological need to make everything about himself. If the US does anything in the Olympics it will be because Burke had the guts to make the tough calls. If they blow chunks (which hey probably will) it will be because of Burke's bad decisions.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Dionysus

The Americans have a specific model they are going for with their team. It could work, it could fail. I can definitely see there thought process. Ryan doesn't really fit into the speed, tenacity, and physical look they seem to be going for. Ryan was going to be a complimentary guy on that team anyway, although one who has game-breaking abilities.

Burke taking a shot at Ryan's intensity was a bit over the top, but that's to be expected from an arrogant old man like him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan use the spurn for motivation to elevate his game. He seems like a guy with alot of pride, who would love to show team USA management they made a poor choice.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

The root of the issue is letting damn reporters into the room in the first place.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:49 PM
LynxBud

As bad as I feel for Bobby, I can't wait to see Team USA flop this year with the team they've put together. I don't know what Burke's thinking, but I don't see them going far unless their stellar goaltenders are able to steal every game for them. Doubt they'll be scoring much, but we'll see.

Hopefully this motivates Bobby and Team USA is no longer a threat to Canada. We'll know soon enough.

Oh and Burke's a POS for his comments. If he doesn't think Bobby's an intense player, fine, but he basically insulted his intelligence as well.
May not have been his intention, but maybe at his age people don't realise what they're saying.
Time to get old Burke into a home where only the nurses have to listen to the crap that he spews.

LynxBud is offline   Reply With Quote