HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2014, 02:52 PM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

vCash: 500
I doubt we can acquire Fayne.

He's alot like Gunnarsson in Jersey where he's incredibly underappreciated and fans are just now seeing how good he can be and they've been playing him on the top pairing rather consistently this season. He'll definitely be re-signed.

Old
01-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
I doubt we can acquire Fayne.

He's alot like Gunnarsson in Jersey where he's incredibly underappreciated and fans are just now seeing how good he can be and they've been playing him on the top pairing rather consistently this season. He'll definitely be re-signed.
The guy plays 18 minutes a night. Which would make him their #6 Defenseman.

I doubt he has too much value.

Old
01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
I would like that. Fayne underrated IMO

How about kadri,franson,biggs,to dallas for seguin
Nieuwendyk is no longer the GM

Old
01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Last year I was hearing that the Flames were open to trade their 6th along the lines of Gardiner+1st. Should Toronto have upgraded and nabbed Monahan when they had the chance?

Old
01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Hawaiinleaf

If thats true we made a mistake in not doing it...Monahan is for sure a #1C who is headed for great things and a C

Old
01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
The guy plays 18 minutes a night. Which would make him their #6 Defenseman.

I doubt he has too much value.
He plays next to their #1 defenseman Andy Greene and gets zero PP time whilst Greene gets #1PP time. That's why there is the minute differential, I can assure you on most given nights this season, he has been on the top pairing. As of the last two games since Salvador has returned, the bottom pairing has been Salvador and Gelinas. Merril and Zidlicky also get PP time so they would have more minutes than Fayne on the box score.

That said, like Gunnar, he's not a top pairing defenseman but he is very underrated and the Devils brass are finally starting to realize it after many seasons of Devils fans saying he should play more.

Old
01-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I love the avs but there are some of their fans who are extremely defensive about every single players which drives me nuts

01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Drew311
Liquor Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I love the avs but there are some of their fans who are extremely defensive about every single players which drives me nuts
Oh my god they're unbelievable. For some reason they lurk on our boards a lot too. It takes about 5 minutes for them jump in on a discussion about one of their players on here.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Schennanigans

Don't think we need to do any more trades if were healthy by the deadline.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
I like the Canucks too, but I hate some of their fans. They're so hostile.

Old
01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
CerebralDevil

After watching the Colorado game last nite I would love the leafs to get ROR. The guy is exactly what they need

Old
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
I thought i was going nuts didn't realize others noticed this as well

Old
01-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*

Quote:
I don't really like Avs so I saw this way before others on Leafs board did.

Old
01-03-2014, 06:38 PM
thewave

I swear its like people can not see all the little things Gunner does, the guys a work horse and is a very big help to Dions numbers. Don't kid yourselves Gunner is just fine as a compliment to Dion.

The moment I see anyone knocking gunner (last season when he had a bad hip excluded, as I could see his mobility loss as well) I just tune them out and ignore much of the gibberish that follows.

Old
01-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I swear its like people can not see all the little things Gunner does, the guys a work horse and is a very big help to Dions numbers. Don't kid yourselves Gunner is just fine as a compliment to Dion.

The moment I see anyone knocking gunner (last season when he had a bad hip excluded, as I could see his mobility loss as well) I just tune them out and ignore much of the gibberish that follows.

Gunnarson is awesome.

Old
01-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Johny Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post

Gunar is probably in a similar situation as Bozak IMO.
Both are playing top line/pairing, but should really be further down the depth chart. Based on that, the expectation level is higher than the skillset, but if either is missing from the line up they are badly missed.

Old
01-03-2014, 09:08 PM
abdew29

What does everyone think of a deal between TML and the Winnipeg Jets?

The fact that Kane and the Jets are not on the same page has been well documented. Pavelec seems to be past his prime and it looks like he's a "you get what you see" kind of goaltender. Reimer is young, and is a Manitoba native. Could something like this make sense? Kane is a valuable asset given his cap-hit and his skill. We could definitely use another winger

To WPG
Reimer + Gunnarson+ 2nd round 2014 ...maybe more?

To TOR
Kane + 3rd round

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kane-Kadri-Lupul
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson
D'Amigo-McClement-Smith

Phaneuf-Gleason
Gardiner-Franson
Rielly-Percy/MacWilliam

Bernier

Old
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Schennsation
Show goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdew29 View Post
What does everyone think of a deal between TML and the Winnipeg Jets?

The fact that Kane and the Jets are not on the same page has been well documented. Pavelec seems to be past his prime and it looks like he's a "you get what you see" kind of goaltender. Reimer is young, and is a Manitoba native. Could something like this make sense? Kane is a valuable asset given his cap-hit and his skill. We could definitely use another winger

To WPG
Reimer + Gunnarson+ 2nd round 2014 ...maybe more?

To TOR
Kane + 3rd round

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kane-Kadri-Lupul
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson
D'Amigo-McClement-Smith

Phaneuf-Gleason
Gardiner-Franson
Rielly-Percy/MacWilliam

Bernier
woah Gleason goes from not playing in Carolina to playing top pairing minutes with Phaneuf

Old
01-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

We still need a top 4 defensemen...Don't get me wrong, gleason was a good stop but we still need more for our back end. We only still have three pillars in the back end...Dion, Gunnarsson and Gardiner. No Rielly isn't ready...and he needs to be insulated as much as possible so we can see him learn and blossom in his own pace...so it would be nice if we get someone that can log some minutes to get the other three some time. If gleason does that man...that would be awesome but I really doubt it'll happen.

Old
01-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Oh my god they're unbelievable. For some reason they lurk on our boards a lot too. It takes about 5 minutes for them jump in on a discussion about one of their players on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I like the Canucks too, but I hate some of their fans. They're so hostile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
I thought i was going nuts didn't realize others noticed this as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
I don't really like Avs so I saw this way before others on Leafs board did.
Guess this is sadly something majority will agree with. However I'm happy for them as a NHL fan, was a huge fan of sakic so had soft spot!

Old
01-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Drew311
Liquor Smurf

Quote:
Guess this is sadly something majority will agree with. However I'm happy for them as a NHL fan, was a huge fan of sakic so had soft spot!
To be honest their hot 10 - 0 start is the only thing saving them right now, which is somewhat similar to the Leafs situation. They've been fairly average since then, playing about .500 hockey. I'm not sure which team they actually are. I'm guessing the current team considering how young they are...I'm not exactly sure how they managed to put together that insanely hot start.

Old
01-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
To be honest their hot 10 - 0 start is the only thing saving them right now, which is somewhat similar to the Leafs situation. They've been fairly average since then, playing about .500 hockey. I'm not sure which team they actually are. I'm guessing the current team considering how young they are...I'm not exactly sure how they managed to put together that insanely hot start.
still after starting off from first overall, that's a good spot to be honestly. It's not even the hot start or anything that's impressive. It's more of how they've gelled as a group, and found a focal point as a group as well. It just makes everything seems a lot more easier.

Old
01-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Kb21

Quote:
+1. they overrate all their players as well, more than most fan bases.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:10 AM
LeafOfBread

Quote:
Quote:
Haha too true. Not to mention they cross-post sometimes too and laugh at things people say here or will say things like "lol @ laff fans thinking they can get ROR/stastny/whoever". It's a bit ridiculous to say the least. Oh well, I like the Avs team itself quite a bit.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:13 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Last year I was hearing that the Flames were open to trade their 6th along the lines of Gardiner+1st. Should Toronto have upgraded and nabbed Monahan when they had the chance?
Yep. Last draft was DEEP for centres. Of all the drafts to trade up and try and get yourself a quality C, that was the draft to do it.

I was all for using Gardiner to get into the top 5-10 at the draft. Because then i could have had faith in our longterm blueline with Rielly, Phaneuf, Finn, Percy, Granberg, Franson, Gunnarsson, etc. AND had much more faith in our C position going forward to build around.

As it is, the C position is still a gigantic question mark. Gotta hope for the best with Kadri, Holland, Gauthier, Verhaeghe, etc. because we need two top 6 Cs, probably one of which is at least close to Selke calibre (very common theme on SC winning teams), and the other as being PPG or near PPG. Im not convinced we'll get that out of that group.

Closed Thread