HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2014, 01:53 AM
  #51
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
I see it playing out like this:

Cammalleri (6million) - traded, probably before the deadline
Stajan (3.5million) - traded, probably at or around the deadline
Stempniak (2.5million) - signed to a 1 year extension or traded
Galiardi (1.25million) - given until the end of the year and extended or traded if he continues to play poorly
Jones (650k) - given until the end of the year then extended or walks
Butler (1.7million) - extended
Russell (1.5million) - 3 year extension
Smith (775k) - traded at the deadline or walks at the end of the year.

I really dont see Cammalleri or Stajan staying. The only way I see Cammalleri staying is if he goes to Burke and says he wants an extension. Stempniak I think will be given the choice, not sure what he chooses.
I agree with most of this. Smith won't get traded; he already cleared waivers. I think both Butler and Stempers are gone at the deadline however

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:57 AM
  #52
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
I'm pretty sure last time I checked, we could re-sign players. I didn't realize UFA instantly meant we'd lose them for nothing.

I still stand by the basis of trying to sign these players, and trading them if we can't.
Why not make space for pending free agents or run with some upcoming rookies?

We'll have Giordano, Wideman, Glencross, Jones, Hudler, Backlund and McGrats as veterans. How many does a team need to have? Hell by the time Wideman is a pending free agent, Monahan will be an established and experienced NHLer

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:28 AM
  #53
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Do you think the Kings would give up Toffoli for Cammy?
Never, but Toffoli is exactly what this organization needs.

(besides many other things, like forwards and defencemen).

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:48 AM
  #54
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?
 
100 Third Graders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,373
vCash: 50
Cammalleri (6million) - Traded for a 1st round pick
Stajan (3.5million) - Traded for a 2nd round pick plus something else
Stempniak (2.5million) - Traded for a 2nd round pick
Galiardi (1.25million) - Given qualifying offer of 1.25 million
Jones (650k) - Leaves as a UFA
Butler (1.7million) - re-signed 1 year
Russell (1.5million) - traded for a 2nd round pick
Smith (775k) - Leaves as UFA

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 08:39 AM
  #55
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Do you think the Kings would give up Toffoli for Cammy?
Nope not a chance. That's like them asking us for Sven for a rental.

We may be able to get Vey? The guy I'd target though is Forbort. I think they're still high on him, but not as much.


Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 01-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
  #56
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,025
vCash: 550
We need a shake up here. This lineup is clearly pathetic and futile. Talk all we want about dressing two goons, guys like Cammy are making 7 million dollars to score.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
  #57
tyflames
Baertschi is God
 
tyflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Burke wants this team to get tougher, I would say our primarily need at this time is skill. I know we would love to win some games but we aren't going to make playoffs so why not just sit on this scoring slump for awhile and let it work itself out. We lose some games and we get closer to a top 2 pick.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 11:55 AM
  #58
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Never, but Toffoli is exactly what this organization needs.

(besides many other things, like forwards and defencemen).
But Cammy is exactly what the Kings need. Right now they have Brown, Clifford and King on their Left wing, while Carter, Williams, Frattin, and Toffoli on the right. Plus they're deep down the middle.

Cammy - Kopitar - Carter
Brown - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Frattin

I agree its almost impossible however, given how promising Toffoli is. But I would easily throw in a guy like Reinhart. Maybe Butler too, providing Kings with additional Blueline depth.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 12:11 PM
  #59
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
But Cammy is exactly what the Kings need. Right now they have Brown, Clifford and King on their Left wing, while Carter, Williams, Frattin, and Toffoli on the right. Plus they're deep down the middle.

Cammy - Kopitar - Carter
Brown - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Frattin

I agree its almost impossible however, given how promising Toffoli is. But I would easily throw in a guy like Reinhart. Maybe Butler too, providing Kings with additional Blueline depth.
LA wouldn't even do it if we included Baertschi! Adding Butler and Reinhart would probably insult them even more. The entire organization would collectively spit on Burke for even suggesting it. It's actually a fairly heavy rental market right now. Not saying everyone will be available at the deadline but the way Cammy is playing, right now, I'd be pretty happy with a late 1st and a cap dump. Hopefully the boys pick up their play soon, at least a little.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 12:28 PM
  #60
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 763
These guys aren't doing anything right now to help their trade value.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
  #61
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
LA wouldn't even do it if we included Baertschi! Adding Butler and Reinhart would probably insult them even more. The entire organization would collectively spit on Burke for even suggesting it. It's actually a fairly heavy rental market right now. Not saying everyone will be available at the deadline but the way Cammy is playing, right now, I'd be pretty happy with a late 1st and a cap dump. Hopefully the boys pick up their play soon, at least a little.
You think LA is good enough right now to win a cup? They're not better than St.Louis, Chicago, Avs, Sharks, or Bruins on paper. Not saying Toffoli is the piece they give up, but Lombardi has traded promising players before to put his team over the top. Its about jewelry on your fingers at the end of the day.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
  #62
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
These guys aren't doing anything right now to help their trade value.
This is true. There is an bias towards offense in hockey

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:39 PM
  #63
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
You think LA is good enough right now to win a cup? They're not better than St.Louis, Chicago, Avs, Sharks, or Bruins on paper. Not saying Toffoli is the piece they give up, but Lombardi has traded promising players before to put his team over the top. Its about jewelry on your fingers at the end of the day.
Yes I do. When health, with everyone on the same page I'd put LA up against anyone in the NHL. Toffoli is producing at almost the same pace as Cammy, has nice size and is 9 years younger. I don't recall Lombardi trading promising prospects for rentals and the moves he has made are for younger players entering their prime.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
  #64
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
But Cammy is exactly what the Kings need. Right now they have Brown, Clifford and King on their Left wing, while Carter, Williams, Frattin, and Toffoli on the right. Plus they're deep down the middle.

Cammy - Kopitar - Carter
Brown - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Frattin

I agree its almost impossible however, given how promising Toffoli is. But I would easily throw in a guy like Reinhart. Maybe Butler too, providing Kings with additional Blueline depth.
Honestly we would have to add a good future piece. Adding Sven makes no sense and he's not a Sutter guy anyways. Maybe Cammy and a 2nd, or Cammy and Wotherspoon, and I still bet they say no. I think your right in that Cammy is a good fit, especially at salary retained, but there's no way we get Toffoli. I think we should target Forbort.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/derek_forbort/


Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 01-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
  #65
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Honestly we would have to add a good future piece. Adding Sven makes no sense and he's not a Sutter guy anyways. Maybe Cammy and a 2nd, or Cammy and Wotherspoon, and I still bet they say no. I think your right in that Cammy is a good fit, especially at salary retained, but there's no way we get Toffoli. I think we should target Forbert.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/derek_forbort/
Is it Burke that suddenly makes some of you guys think that the Flames would retain salary? I'm not opposed to the idea, I just think its unlikely, considering we didn't for our two best trade chips.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
  #66
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Is it Burke that suddenly makes some of you guys think that the Flames would retain salary? I'm not opposed to the idea, I just think its unlikely, considering we didn't for our two best trade chips.
Yeah it is. I was always one that would point out retaining salary was never an option with our ownership. And truthfully, I still have no idea if that's a possibility. But if it's something Burke believes in (I'm not sure if he does) I believe the owners would now back him because he knows what he's doing. Like man, moving Kotalik with Regehr was beyond moronic.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:10 PM
  #67
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 50
Mike Cammalleri - Trade him.
Jiri Hudler - Unless the offer is mindblowing, keep him.
David Jones - Trade him. If no takers, compliance buyout.
Matt Stajan - Trade him.
Curtis Glencross - See Hudler. However, due to back to back injuries, there may not be many bidders.
Lee Stempniak - Trade him.
Mikael Backlund - Keep him. He's showing top 6 potential again.
T.J Galiardi - Trade him if possible. He's practically useless.
Brian McGrattan - If someone is willing to take him for a cup run, trade him. He deserves a chance.
Blair Jones - Trade him.

Ladislva Smid - Trade if possible.
Shane O'Brien - Trade
Chris Butler - Trade, possibly extend. (he's been much better lately)
Kris Russell - Re-sign, unless Calgary gets a good offer.
Derek Smith - Trade

UFA's to Target in July: Thornton, Marleau, Stastny, Michalek, Callahan, Girardi, Ott, Niskanen, Fiddler.

Next Season: (Rough estimate, excluding possible UFA's)

Baertschi - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Backlund - UFA/Trade

Bottom 6 is beyond unpredictable. Bouma and Byron are likely a lock, but the rest...

Street, Knight, Hanowski, Granlund, Reinhart, Ferland, Westgarth, MacDermid could all potentially get a spot. Even Poirier or Klimchuk could find a spot.

Defense:

Wideman - Giordano
Brodie - Russell

Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Billins, or Cundari could possibly find a spot.

Goaltending seems to be set on Ramo/Berra.


Last edited by Skobel24: 01-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
  #68
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Honestly we would have to add a good future piece. Adding Sven makes no sense and he's not a Sutter guy anyways. Maybe Cammy and a 2nd, or Cammy and Wotherspoon, and I still bet they say no. I think your right in that Cammy is a good fit, especially at salary retained, but there's no way we get Toffoli. I think we should target Forbert.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/derek_forbort/
Yeah Forbort is alright. I think we can do better though. Cammy could fit the needs of a lot of teams and could get us a better asset, given how few high end players available this year. What we really need is a right handed centre or winger in the system. Stemps or Stajan can yield a defensive project or picks that can be used on defenseman.


Looking at Z. Philips from Minny. Or T. Wilson out of Washington. Maybe B. Ritchie out Dallas. New York has Kristo. Anahiem has R. Rakell.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:17 PM
  #69
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Mike Cammalleri - Trade him.
Jiri Hudler - Unless the offer is mindblowing, keep him.
David Jones - Trade him. If no takers, compliance buyout.
Matt Stajan - Trade him.
Curtis Glencross - See Hudler. However, due to back to back injuries, there may not be many bidders.
Lee Stempniak - Trade him.
Mikael Backlund - Keep him. He's showing top 6 potential again.
T.J Galiardi - Trade him if possible. He's practically useless.
Brian McGrattan - If someone is willing to take him for a cup run, trade him. He deserves a chance.
Blair Jones - Trade him.

Ladislva Smid - Trade if possible.
Shane O'Brien - Trade
Chris Butler - Trade, possibly extend. (he's been much better lately)
Kris Russell - Re-sign, unless Calgary gets a good offer.
Derek Smith - Trade

UFA's to Target in July: Thornton, Marleau, Stastny, Michalek, Callahan, Girardi, Ott, Niskanen, Fiddler.

Next Season: (Rough estimate)

Baertschi - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Backlund - UFA/Trade

Bottom 6 is beyond unpredictable. Bouma and Byron are likely a lock, but the rest...

Street, Knight, Hanowski, Granlund, Reinhart, Ferland, Westgarth, MacDermid could all potentially get a spot. Even Poirier or Klimchuk could find a spot.

Defense:

Wideman - Giordano
Brodie - Russell

Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Billins, or Cundari could possibly find a spot.

Goaltending seems to be set on Ramo/Berra.
I don't think a compliance buy out is in the cards anymore.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:21 PM
  #70
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Yeah it is. I was always one that would point out retaining salary was never an option with our ownership. And truthfully, I still have no idea if that's a possibility. But if it's something Burke believes in (I'm not sure if he does) I believe the owners would now back him because he knows what he's doing. Like man, moving Kotalik with Regehr was beyond moronic.
It would definitely open up a lot more doors if it were a possibility. I mean they committed to X amount of dollars to a player anyways and if we got better picks/prospects back, what would it hurt. I could see it being a problem if we were taking a cap dump back but then again it isn't my millions.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:26 PM
  #71
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Mike Cammalleri - Trade him.
Jiri Hudler - Unless the offer is mindblowing, keep him.
David Jones - Trade him. If no takers, compliance buyout.
Matt Stajan - Trade him.
Curtis Glencross - See Hudler. However, due to back to back injuries, there may not be many bidders.
Lee Stempniak - Trade him.
Mikael Backlund - Keep him. He's showing top 6 potential again.
T.J Galiardi - Trade him if possible. He's practically useless.
Brian McGrattan - If someone is willing to take him for a cup run, trade him. He deserves a chance.
Blair Jones - Trade him.

Ladislva Smid - Trade if possible.
Shane O'Brien - Trade
Chris Butler - Trade, possibly extend. (he's been much better lately)
Kris Russell - Re-sign, unless Calgary gets a good offer.
Derek Smith - Trade

UFA's to Target in July: Thornton, Marleau, Stastny, Michalek, Callahan, Girardi, Ott, Niskanen, Fiddler.

Next Season: (Rough estimate, excluding possible UFA's)

Baertschi - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Backlund - UFA/Trade

Bottom 6 is beyond unpredictable. Bouma and Byron are likely a lock, but the rest...

Street, Knight, Hanowski, Granlund, Reinhart, Ferland, Westgarth, MacDermid could all potentially get a spot. Even Poirier or Klimchuk could find a spot.

Defense:

Wideman - Giordano
Brodie - Russell

Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Billins, or Cundari could possibly find a spot.

Goaltending seems to be set on Ramo/Berra.
I say keep them all and give them nice fat 2 year contracts! If they're this bad without a contract, we'd be a lock for McJesus with everyone in their comfort zone, getting fat!

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
  #72
F l a m e s
#winitforgio
 
F l a m e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 50
Keep:
D - Giordano, Wideman, Brodie, Smid
F - Monahan, Hudler, Colborne, Backlund, GlenX, Bouma, Gratz, Westgarth, Byron

Buy out:
Jones & SOB (trade if possible... but I doubt there are any takers)

Trade:
Cammy - 1st
Stajan - 2nd
Russell - 2nd
Stemp - 2nd/3rd (probably a 3rd)
Butler - 3rd
Galiardi - 6th

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
  #73
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****
 
YMCMBYOLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Six
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Baer View Post
Keep:
D - Giordano, Wideman, Brodie, Smid
F - Monahan, Hudler, Colborne, Backlund, GlenX, Bouma, Gratz, Westgarth, Byron

Buy out:
Jones & SOB (trade if possible... but I doubt there are any takers)

Trade:
Cammy - 1st
Stajan - 2nd
Russell - 2nd
Stemp - 2nd/3rd (probably a 3rd)
Butler - 3rd
Galiardi - 6th
Why trade Russell?

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
  #74
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,585
vCash: 50
What is the point of trading Russell for a 2nd In a **** draft

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:17 PM
  #75
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
What is the point of trading Russell for a 2nd In a **** draft
What's with all the trades for picks? We need players soon, not 3-5 years from now

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.