Official Trade Deadline Thread

Old
01-17-2014, 03:08 AM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Yes but usually to get a good RFA means your going to give up some good assets. ROR especially. Colorado would be looking at Sven and Brodie to be in the deal.
And you wouldn't say yes to that in a heartbeat? I love both Brodie and Sven, but ROR is a special kind of player. Flames would win that trade hands down.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 04:17 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Baer View Post
And you wouldn't say yes to that in a heartbeat? I love both Brodie and Sven, but ROR is a special kind of player. Flames would win that trade hands down.
I am not as high on Sven or Brodie as most Flames fans and I completely disagree. That would be a clear loss for the Flames IMO.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:43 AM
slappipappi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanTheMan View Post
If we somehow pull off drafting McDavid in 2015 imagine how easy it'd be to get UFAs here...
While McDavid has been fairly special, he's no certainty to be a star in the NHL.

Not that many are.

But I doubt that UFA's will be lining up to play for Calgary until such time as Calgary ices a competitive team.

The Edmonton fiasco teaches us that some high end talent doesn't make a great (or even a good) team.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 08:01 AM
First round bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
While McDavid has been fairly special, he's no certainty to be a star in the NHL.

Not that many are.

But I doubt that UFA's will be lining up to play for Calgary until such time as Calgary ices a competitive team.

The Edmonton fiasco teaches us that some high end talent doesn't make a great (or even a good) team.
Very true but it's definitely a start

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:12 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Yea not even. I would see that as a loss for the Flames. ROR is great, but we NEED Brodie, and selling Sven now would be a terrible idea as his value is low.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

I was thinking more along the lines that if we can stockpile some draft picks this deadline, like manage a 2nd for Stempniak. Possibly we package that with a prospect to land a guy like Franson.

Apparently Despres from the Pens is not happy with his situation there because of the logjam on D the they have. He would be a fantastic guy to acquire! Maybe Cammy at 50% gets that done?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:13 PM
MonahanTheMan
Pray for Flames

Quote:
What? He's a first/second line forward, not Hossa.

MonahanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanTheMan View Post
What? He's a first/second line forward, not Hossa.
You're right. 22yr old defensive centres averaging 33 goals - 60+ points while winning 53.5% of his FO this season is nothing special.

Old
01-17-2014, 02:02 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
You're right. 22yr old defensive centres averaging 33 goals - 60+ points while winning 53.5% of his FO this season is nothing special.
While you don't need to sell me on ROR, I don't think you can say that a guy averages 33 goals and 60+ points when his career high for goals is 18 and points is 55, and he in fact averages 16 goals and 41 points per 80 games played in the NHL.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Johnz96*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDebaser View Post
Why do people find it so easy to sell Hudler short?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm

He's on a terrible team with offensive struggles, yet he's keeping up with Sedin, Benn and Hossa in points. I think that, if you look at what those guys have to work with, Jiri is actually having a better season than those guys.

Jiri is a pretty damn good first liner in the nhl.
What Hudler is accomplishing with the Flames this year is truly remarkable. There are very few 'legitimate first liners" that could do as much.
But the Flames are going nowhere and I think Hudler could command the highest return.

Johnz96* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Johnz96*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I agree Hudler is a very good 2nd liner, but to be fair to him Babcock really did not play him in the top 6 all that much. His best season in Detroit was his last season, playing with Filppula. He does not have the same restrictions on his game here and he is getting the minutes. I am not surprised by his increase in production, he is very skilled.
Actually his best season was a few years ago.
Babcock likes bigger players and never gave him a chance. He was usually among the top 3 in scoring per 60 mins of ice on the Wings but was always afforded very little ice-time in favor of lesser, bigger players.
He is doiung the same with Nyquist and Tatar. Red Wings fans are saying that he is 'hudlering' them.

Johnz96* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnz96 View Post
Actually his best season was a few years ago.
Babcock likes bigger players and never gave him a chance. He was usually among the top 3 in scoring per 60 mins of ice on the Wings but was always afforded very little ice-time in favor of lesser, bigger players.
He is doiung the same with Nyquist and Tatar. Red Wings fans are saying that he is 'hudlering' them.
I agree with you, but I will simply say this season is not over yet.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
While you don't need to sell me on ROR, I don't think you can say that a guy averages 33 goals and 60+ points when his career high for goals is 18 and points is 55, and he in fact averages 16 goals and 41 points per 80 games played in the NHL.
Upside. He's showing steady growth in his offensive numbers. I guess there is little point arguing that ROR for Baertschi + Brodie is a good trade. I'll drop it.

Old
01-17-2014, 08:43 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Upside. He's showing steady growth in his offensive numbers. I guess there is little point arguing that ROR for Baertschi + Brodie is a good trade. I'll drop it.
Value wise maybe but it would be really stupid for Calgary to do it. ROR is not going to be number 1 centerman ever, he is a really good defensive number 2 which the Flames don't really need at the expense of Baertschi and Brodie

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Yep, Colorado doesn't do it, ROR is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the game but Burke doesn't hesitate on that one! 22 year old first line winger for a overly hyped, struggling, 21 year old prospect and a young, skilled middle pairing defenseman, with an offensive up side....done deal!

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:42 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Yep, Colorado doesn't do it, ROR is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the game but Burke doesn't hesitate on that one! 22 year old first line winger for a overly hyped, struggling, 21 year old prospect and a young, skilled middle pairing defenseman, with an offensive up side....done deal!
So Baertschi is the overhyped one? Since when is ROR a first line winger

Old
01-18-2014, 02:35 AM
herashak

Quote:
So Baertschi is the overhyped one? Since when is ROR a first line winger
Since this whole year. Good one too

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 10:59 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
Since this whole year. Good one too
If your trading for ROR its sure the hell not to play wing. Center is his natural position. Even playing as wing he is not a first line winger.

Old
01-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
If your trading for ROR its sure the hell not to play wing. Center is his natural position. Even playing as wing he is not a first line winger.
Well he's 22 and is playing 1st line LW, on a team that's much better than ours. Over the last 3 years, he's scoring at a .69 PPG level and is a +3, all while playing on a team that was brutal for 2 of those years. He's far better than any LW we have now and if any of the kids in the system can match his production by the time they're 20,21 or 22, I'll do cartwheels! I think it's pretty safe to say he might be alright as a 1LW.

Old
01-20-2014, 06:53 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

I have a feeling we see Hudler get traded. Probably the most valuable player we have as in what a return we could get, and doesn't play a Burke type game at all.

Old
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
I have a feeling we see Hudler get traded. Probably the most valuable player we have as in what a return we could get, and doesn't play a Burke type game at all.
I'm feeling the same thing. Hate to see him go, but his value will never be higher.

Old
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Flames7676

Cammy and Hudler are probably the two most likely to be traded. Would like it if Stastny was picked up as FA.

Flames7676 is offline   Reply With Quote