HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NFL Discussion Thread V (Surgery for Eli; Jets sign CJ2K)

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Nyrvana

vCash: 500
Cruz lobbied for Evans yesterday. If Evans is available at 12, the Giants have to jump. He's got everything, except good route running - which can be taught.

I'd take one of Evans, Lewan, and Ebron. Doesn't look good for 2 of the 3.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:18 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Agreed about Evans he is a clear no. 1 choice which is why I don't see him being there. Some team in the top-10 will take him, Giants would need to move up.

04-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

I'm on the fence when it comes to the defense. As an old school fan I remember how dominant the linebackers were in a 3-4, but the we won two SB with a deep front four.

I want to see a dominant, physical defense like the 80s. That's why I'm high on Mosley and Shazier. They need 3rd down stoppers especially in the nickel.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

One interesting name on D that isn't being talking about is Anthony Barr. For pretty obvious reasons - on paper he seems out of place in a 4-3.

But there are aspects of his profile which scream Giant. One of the best athletes in the draft, just freakish. Getting in the backfield so fast he's breaking up RB pitches. Limited experience playing LB, switched from RB. At times Giants seem to like those raw kids with "upside." Giants now have Kiwi with his hand in the dirt full time, Sintim busted. It's not like they have completely overlooked pass rushing LBs.

I wouldn't expect it (because of other likely options at 12) but there are some ways in which it fits.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Lee's leg strength is incredible. On top of that he has some smarts to his game.

So many good receivers, I have no idea who the Jets take if they take one at #18.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
You can't say that ODB and Cooks are reach picks at all since they are expected to go in that range.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Matt4776

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
Personally, I'd love to be able to take Anthony Barr or Eric Ebron in the 1st and then Matthews or Robinson in the 2nd.

But if both Ebron and Barr are gone, which may be, Lee would be ideal.

Not sold on ODB or Cooks. They're reach picks in my eyes. Cooks to the Eagles would be the best case scenario for him. It'll help him develop into a dominant player being able to reunite with the coach that got him to be that successful, rather than having to learn different systems and such.

ODB... Just not sold. Think Landry will be the better WR long term.
Which coach on the Eagles made Cooks successful?

Best case scenario (barring someone really unexpected falling to 18 of course) is to trade down to the mid 20s with someone trying to jump ahead of MIA or ARZ for Martin or in front of ARZ for a QB.

We'd pick up another 3rd and still get one of Cooks/ODB/Lee.

Old
04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
nyrleetch

I really have no clue where the Jets are going to go with this pick.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Matt4776

Quote:
If Anthony Barr is still on the board, no matter who else is there, my bet would be on him. The team needs another OLB on the other side. Pace could groom him and he could step into a starters role mid-season or even next year.

I can see them not really emphasizing the CB and the TE positions until the latter rounds. WR and OLB are necessities.
We have a bigger need at CB than we do WR.

Old
04-26-2014, 08:55 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Patterson, Wilson, and Walls. I'd think we don't have the most pressing CB need considering we have 3 nearly average players on the team and Rex played with far worse in Baltimore.

The good news is that the Jets have 12 picks and this a deep class for WR's. So if one of the top 2 CB's fall to us at 18 we probably will take them. I want offense for the first 2 rounds but if a top defensive secondary players falls to us i wouldnt be upset if we took them

Old
04-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Matt4776

Quote:
Patterson, Wilson, and Walls. I'd think we don't have the most pressing CB need considering we have 3 nearly average players on the team and Rex played with far worse in Baltimore.
Patterson and Wilson both excel against the slot WR as a nickel. Walls is what he is, and Milliner isn't a sure thing either. He came on strong last year, but he sure as hell isn't a surefire #1 CB yet.

Old
04-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar

I think Milliner is a pretty sure thing. He may not be an elite #1 but he'll be a solid #1 or an elite #2 guy.

Old
04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
I think Milliner is a pretty sure thing. He may not be an elite #1 but he'll be a solid #1 or an elite #2 guy.

Agreed. he missed a lot of trainign camp because of injuries which probably resulted him haveing a rough first half. Once he started to get his legs under him and understand the pro game he did fine

Old
04-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar

New thread up with FA basically over and the draft around the corner:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1656815

Closed Thread