HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread Part XI: New year...no trades.

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't understand the question.
I think he's trying to find out where he is going to be traded to. I'm also not updated on MDZ either so if anyone has any info, please share.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Riverdale

Don't hold your breath.

MDZ's value needs to plummet even more before he is traded.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Y MDZ no traded yet? Y u do dis 2 me Glen?
bc theres no need to trade him to just run him out of town..

still young, still not worth moving him until the right package, if not at all..

if he is moved, which i dont think he should unless its an advantage for us not a lateral move type player (rhd etc) most likely it will be deadline week or around then..

Old
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
i'm not advocating that. but i'd love to get this whole ordeal over with the sooner the better. the less distractions this team has in the locker room the better this team will hypothetically be.
its not a distraction to this team.. Lundy's contract, girardi in all these trade rumors/negative contract crap isn't effecting the team so why would this.. not you but what others suggest in this thread about trading him for.. i dont think he should be moved for barrie or gardiner or demers or any similar type player.. it makes zero sense..

totally agree with you..

put him with brassard and move him for big byff or stasny and barrie or ROR or plead like hell and say hes the next bobby orr and try and get yak or similar young player..

the bold ones i can actually see as possibilities but i wouldnt just move him for a lateral similar type player back.. slats wears a good sales cap so i trust him to maximize the return and have a few up his sleve, but if not those types.. no reason not to keep him and resign him cheap

Old
01-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post

put him with brassard and move him for big byff or stasny and barrie or ROR or plead like hell and say hes the next bobby orr and try and get yak or similar young player..
Seems like a solid plan.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

So the guys on twitter saying a Del Zotto trade was imminent were lying? Say it ain't so.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
So the guys on twitter saying a Del Zotto trade was imminent were lying? Say it ain't so.
Not lying, cold-reading.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:46 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
would love to see what a cally/del zotto package would bring us back ?

i would love grigorenko in this organization. hes the big bodied, highly creative centerman we lack. we dont have a shot at him if hes perfect. i take the chance with him though no doubt. hes got skills.

but i would also love joel armia too. dude can really snipe it.
If you were Ryan Callahan would you want to play for the Sabres? Rochester might not be far away from Buffalo but kiss any chance of a Cup goodbye for the next several years. I just don't see him wanting to stay there.

Old
01-09-2014, 05:48 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post

Avs aren't gonna want to move Stastny, I don't think; I'd be down for Buff though.

Old
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
I Am Classless

My sources tell me we are living in a world of infinite possibility.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:21 PM
zuckera1

Random question: You guys think DZ would fetch a mid-late first? And if offered would you take it?

Old
01-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Random question: You guys think DZ would fetch a mid-late first? And if offered would you take it?
Yes.

Maybe.

01-09-2014, 09:49 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Easily and no chance in hell. Most mid to late first rounders are lucky to accomplish what MDZ does in an average season. People need to stop valuing this kid based on half a season under an idiot coach playing in a goofy system on the wrong side. Before this season, he was a regular top 4, 20+ minute, 35-40 point defenseman. Those are rare assets.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Easily and no chance in hell. Most mid to late first rounders are lucky to accomplish what MDZ does in an average season. People need to stop valuing this kid based on half a season under an idiot coach playing in a goofy system on the wrong side. Before this season, he was a regular top 4, 20+ minute, 35-40 point defenseman. Those are rare assets.
I actually agree with you after thinking about it. Del Zotto DOES need to be more consistent offensively, but his demise defensively is such an overstatement. He's not great, but he's definitely not poor. I'd say it's decent. Problem is he hasn't been adding in the offensive production necessary to balance it out. He's show he can do it in the past though, while being above average defensively. This is a player to be patient with, IMO, unless the return is too good to turn down.

Would move Girardi before DZ at this point, and I want to re-sign Girardi.

Also, to note: Del Zotto in the last three games: 3 assists, +3

Old
01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I actually agree with you after thinking about it. Del Zotto DOES need to be more consistent offensively, but his demise defensively is such an overstatement. He's not great, but he's definitely not poor. I'd say it's decent. Problem is he hasn't been adding in the offensive production necessary to balance it out. He's show he can do it in the past though, while being above average defensively. This is a player to be patient with, IMO, unless the return is too good to turn down.

Would move Girardi before DZ at this point, and I want to re-sign Girardi.

Also, to note: Del Zotto in the last three games: 3 assists, +3
Bingo.

Move Girardi and Brassard for a good center.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Not sure what he would fetch to be honest with you. Given the way his value has been cratered.
I would not trade him for that if offered the chance. His value last season was a lot higher, if he is left to do what he does best, his value will quickly recover, and I would still not trade him.
With all the crap about his shot accuracy, he is at 77% this season, which is in the top 3rd of the league.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
zuckera1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Not sure what he would fetch to be honest with you. Given the way his value has been cratered.
I would not trade him for that if offered the chance. His value last season was a lot higher, if he is left to do what he does best, his value will quickly recover, and I would still not trade him.
With all the crap about his shot accuracy, he is at 77% this season, which is in the top 3rd of the league.
Ok say you're offered the 12th overall pick in this year's draft. We're likely going to have (hopefully) our pick between 15-20. Package the two and you're in the lottery between 5-10. Not the worst scenario to me.

I'd definitely trade DZ for a 5-10th overall selection every day of the week.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:41 PM
zuckera1

If we traded Callahan + G and got a first rounder back in each of those deals, even if they weren't lottery picks we'd have THREE first round draft picks this year.

You package those together and trade up for a Top-5 pick. There's our franchise forward we've all been waiting for.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Antithesis
Eye Test Dinosaur

Quote:
If we traded Callahan + G and got a first rounder back in each of those deals, even if they weren't lottery picks we'd have THREE first round draft picks this year.

You package those together and trade up for a Top-5 pick. There's our franchise forward we've all been waiting for.
Could be. Or it could be Benoit Pouliot.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:53 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Ok say you're offered the 12th overall pick in this year's draft. We're likely going to have (hopefully) our pick between 15-20. Package the two and you're in the lottery between 5-10. Not the worst scenario to me.

I'd definitely trade DZ for a 5-10th overall selection every day of the week.
Except, even in the unlikely event that your scenario comes to pass, it wouldn't be DZ for the 5th to 10th. It would be DZ AND a first for the 5th to 10th. Further, take a look at past drafts. Guys picked 6-10 aren't exactly setting the world on fire. So you would basically be swapping MDZ and a first for a 20-25% chance of getting a player better than MDZ.

Quote:

While top 5 picks DO tend to pan out more often than 6-10, it still isn't a sure thing. If you move Callahan, Girardi, our first and MDZ for ONE asset, it had best be a sure thing.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
zuckera1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Except, even in the unlikely event that your scenario comes to pass, it wouldn't be DZ for the 5th to 10th. It would be DZ AND a first for the 5th to 10th. Further, take a look at past drafts. Guys picked 6-10 aren't exactly setting the world on fire. So you would basically be swapping MDZ and a first for a 20-25% chance of getting a player better than MDZ.

While top 5 picks DO tend to pan out more often than 6-10, it still isn't a sure thing. If you move Callahan, Girardi, our first and MDZ for ONE asset, it had best be a sure thing.
I'd trade DZ and our 13th - 17th pick for, say, the 7th pick. Then package Staal + 7th and you're in the Top-3.

That's the only way we'll ever get a Top-5 pick because Sather sure as heck isn't tanking anytime soon.

Closed Thread