HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa drafting mistakes

Old
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
John Holmes
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Of course he deserves credit. He's the boss. Ultimately they are his decisions to make.

Where this gets cloudy is when people try to pawn off the JOB pick because it doesn't look as good as they want it to.

John Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Drafting is only half the equation. Development is the real key, especially for guys picked outside of the top 10.
Absolutely right. Look at all the late round gems the Wings have found over the years. Did they just get lucky with all these picks? I mean, they obviously have great scouts, but they develop their players the right way. Detroit is the model franchise in the league for drafting and developing. That's why they've made the playoffs for 20 straight years.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I dont view Daigle as a mistake. It was a no brainer. Every team wanted him. He was Crosby. He was McDavid. I do that 11 times out of 10. Just didnt turn out as well as it should have.

Lee was a bad pick at the time. EVERYONE knew it was a bad pick.
Daigle wasn't the mistake. If we have the mcdavid pick next year and a team offers us a deal of the same calibre that the Nordiques offered us, i'm giving up the first pick. Same goes for the 2005 first overall pick. Taking Daigle at 1 was a no brainer, But taking the quebec trade was also a no brainer

Last edited by Biancosaurus: 01-06-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: But taking* the trade
Biancosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

The drafting mistakes were in the Muckler yrs when he wasted numerous picks on Russian players who never came over or when they did come over they sucked. Imagine if we would have used those picks on other players who would have come to camp & maybe we get another one or two good players who could have made a difference for this organization.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Gothenburg 40*

Andrej Meszaros instead of Mike Green

Gothenburg 40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenburg 40 View Post
Andrej Meszaros instead of Mike Green
Mesz was awesome that first year. I don't know what happened to him. I thought he was going to be here for a long time.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote