HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we do with Stamkos?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM
  #1
BOLTMAN
Registered User
 
BOLTMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
What do we do with Stamkos?

When he gets back?

Here is my thinking.

As much as we love Stamkos and St. Louis together,
I would say just forget about that idea as long as the
Team is winning. Why mess with St. Louis, Johnson
And Palat. (the line is on fire). This takes care of one line.

Next ..... I'm OK with killer, Flip and Percell
For now... Again as long as the Team is winning.
The less messing around the better. Another line taken
Care of..

And now Stamkos. Put kush and Stamkos together and keep
Trying a third guy to see who fits.
I actually like the idea of trying Panik
With them first.

We all want to see Kush with someone
Up to his skills.

To me these lines make the most sense.
If they start losing all bets are off and juggle
The lines at will.

Also just because we would be winning
With these lines doesn't mean we
Can't tinker here and there.


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 01-03-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: tag
BOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 06:19 PM
  #2
LightningStrikes
Moderator
VL4ever
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,650
vCash: 50
Lots of options. Stamkos could even move to wing...

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 06:24 PM
  #3
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
I can see something like this.

Stamkos - Filppula - Killorn/Purcell
Palat - Johnson - St.Louis
Kucherov - Killorn/Purcell - Brown
Malone - Thompson -Crombeen
Pyatt - Panik (sent down)

Theres a few problems though, if the St.Louis line stays how it is then I Stamkos and Filppula are going to have to play together. You can't have either demoted to the 3rd line. That makes the 3rd line center an issue, there just isn't any way I can see that Nate keeps playing 3rd line center. But who does play center? I think Purcell could be an option, he's played a bit of center and has shown some chemistry with Kooch.

It's a good problem to have.. My prediction will probably be way off the mark, but whatever we do we'll look great.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 06:35 PM
  #4
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
trade him.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  #5
Mjolnir
Whosoever Be Worthy
 
Mjolnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Asgard
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drej View Post
trade him.
For Keith.

Mjolnir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
  #6
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophobia Catalyst View Post
For Keith.
Leafs will gladly give us Kadri, Gardiner and Reimer for him, how can we turn that down?

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:04 PM
  #7
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Leafs will gladly give us Kadri, Gardiner and Reimer for him, how can we turn that down?
Surely we would have to add Drouin and a first for Kadri alone.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:09 PM
  #8
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Kiwi View Post
I can see something like this.

Stamkos - Filppula - Killorn/Purcell
Palat - Johnson - St.Louis
Kucherov - Killorn/Purcell - Brown
Malone - Thompson -Crombeen
Pyatt - Panik (sent down)

Theres a few problems though, if the St.Louis line stays how it is then I Stamkos and Filppula are going to have to play together. You can't have either demoted to the 3rd line. That makes the 3rd line center an issue, there just isn't any way I can see that Nate keeps playing 3rd line center. But who does play center? I think Purcell could be an option, he's played a bit of center and has shown some chemistry with Kooch.

It's a good problem to have.. My prediction will probably be way off the mark, but whatever we do we'll look great.
I like these, except I do think Thompson can play 3rd line center. I would like

Stamkos/Flip - Flip/Stamkos - Killorn
Palat - Johnson - St. Louis (I see 0 reason to break this line up)
Kucherov - Thompson - Purcell
Malone - Pyatt - Revolving Door

Someone or someones would probably have to go down in this setup, but I think that's a very strong, and deep, lineup. And it's not like there aren't big minutes in Syracuse for whoever gets demoted.

MSL will still get plenty of time with Stammer on the powerplay. If Stamkos/Flip don't work out, then I can understand putting Stamkos and MSL back together. Otherwise, if it ain't broke...


Last edited by DFC: 01-03-2014 at 08:43 PM.
DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:10 PM
  #9
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 24,434
vCash: 134
Thompson works best as a fourth line center... keep him there.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
  #10
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
I like these, except I do think Thompson can play 3rd line center. I would like

Stamkos/Flip - Flip/Stamkos - Killorn
Palat - Johnson - St. Louis (I see 0 reason to break this line up)
Kucherov - Thompson - Purcell
Malone - Pyatt - Revolving Door

Someone or someones would probably have to go down in this setup, but I think that's a very strong, and deep, lineup. And it's not like there aren't big minutes in Syracuse for whoever gets demoted.

MSL will still get plenty of time with Stammer on the powerplay. If Stamkos/Flip don't work out, then I can understand putting Stamkos and MSL back together. Otherwise, if it ain't broke...
If Thompson plays 3rd line center then Brown or Kooch are gone. I'd rather keep them up and have Thommer on the 4th line. But yes, he can play on the 3rd line quite comfortably, just no need with our depth at forward.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:26 PM
  #11
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 500
Stamkos-Filpulla-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-MSL
Brown-Killorn-Purcell
Crombeen-Thompson-Malone
Pyatt/Panik


That's what I would like to see.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:31 PM
  #12
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Kiwi View Post
If Thompson plays 3rd line center then Brown or Kooch are gone. I'd rather keep them up and have Thommer on the 4th line. But yes, he can play on the 3rd line quite comfortably, just no need with our depth at forward.
Why would Kucherov be gone? He's played a nice two-way game.

I think sometimes we compartmentalize players as scorers or grinders and try not to mix them up, but scorers are often best-served with a straight-up grinder on their line. It's a little rare to see the grinder play center, yes, but Thompson's great at winning puck battles in both ends. Thompson/Kuch/Brown has been a very good line, as evidenced by Kucherov's +7 rating. Purcell has also had some good chemistry with Kucherov, so I don't see why we wouldn't try that line out.

The alternative to having Thompson play 3rd line center is either Pyatt or Killorn. Pyatt is an option, and has more scoring upside, but Killorn looked lost playing center.


Last edited by DFC: 01-03-2014 at 08:43 PM.
DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:32 PM
  #13
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,922
vCash: 500
Keep the top line intact, 91 with 56 and 16 because someone needs to get Teddy going. Then flip and.. bugsy and brown, or panik, or whoever.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:40 PM
  #14
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Keep the top line intact, 91 with 56 and 16 because someone needs to get Teddy going. Then flip and.. bugsy and brown, or panik, or whoever.
I wouldn't mind 91/51/86, but I can't see Flip getting third line minutes given how well he's played this year and particularly lately. I'd rather see Purcell be the odd man out and see if Flip's playmaking can gel with Stamkos, and also if the attention Stamkos draws, and the space he creates, could give Flip a little more room to work.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
  #15
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 24,434
vCash: 134
put him on waivers

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
  #16
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Keep the top line intact, 91 with 56 and 16 because someone needs to get Teddy going. Then flip and.. bugsy and brown, or panik, or whoever.
who is this 56 you speak of

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:05 PM
  #17
Tampa Bay Kiwi
Registered User
 
Tampa Bay Kiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Stamkos-Filpulla-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-MSL
Brown-Killorn-Purcell
Crombeen-Thompson-Malone
Pyatt/Panik


That's what I would like to see.
Interesting, I like these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Why would Kucherov be gone? He's played a nice two-way game.

I think sometimes we compartmentalize players as scorers or grinders and try not to mix them up, but scorers are often best-served with a straight-up grinder on their line. It's a little rare to see the grinder play center, yes, but Thompson's great at winning puck battles in both ends. Thompson/Kuch/Brown has been a very good line, as evidenced by Kucherov's +7 rating. Purcell has also had some good chemistry with Kucherov, so I don't see why we wouldn't try that line out.

The alternative to having Thompson play 3rd line center is either Pyatt or Killorn. Pyatt is an option, and has more scoring upside, but Killorn looked lost playing center.
Exactly, Kooch wouldn't be gone. So that means there isn't any way Thompson continues on the 3rd line unless one of our current top 9 guys plays on the 4th line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Keep the top line intact, 91 with 56 and 16 because someone needs to get Teddy going. Then flip and.. bugsy and brown, or panik, or whoever.
Filppula won't be given 3rd line minutes, just isn't happening.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
  #18
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
While I could see trying to preserve some of the flavor of our currently successful lines, I don't see any way that Stamkos isn't back as our top line center as soon as he's able, with Flip, TyJo, and Thompson behind him down the middle. I honestly expect St. Louis to find himself back on Stammer's wing sooner than later despite the chemistry/success he's had with Johnson and Palat. Maybe Palat sticks on the top line LW, maybe they try Kucherov with Palat and TyJo on the 3rd...however its accomplished I think we move right back into ???-Stamkos-St.Louis as our top line really quick.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:58 PM
  #19
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
While I could see trying to preserve some of the flavor of our currently successful lines, I don't see any way that Stamkos isn't back as our top line center as soon as he's able, with Flip, TyJo, and Thompson behind him down the middle. I honestly expect St. Louis to find himself back on Stammer's wing sooner than later despite the chemistry/success he's had with Johnson and Palat. Maybe Palat sticks on the top line LW, maybe they try Kucherov with Palat and TyJo on the 3rd...however its accomplished I think we move right back into ???-Stamkos-St.Louis as our top line really quick.
I'm hoping we don't, simply because Stamkos will work well with anyone. St. Louis, not so much. Our top line right now is very strong. Imagine them going against lesser competition when Stamkos returns as the top line center. If we can have a 100 point scorer (Stamkos) on line 1 and an 80 point scorer on line 2 (Marty), it seems to me like just a matter of math. Marty would be slightly better with Stamkos, but not by so much that I think it's not better to have 35-40 minutes of one of them on the ice per game.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 11:37 PM
  #20
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
cheer his return

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
  #21
Glide5
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
I was thinking about this today. It really is crazy how well the boys are playing on the first line... it is amazing what you can get in the last round of the draft/ Unsigned free agents, isnt it?

Even with how well they are playing, I feel like they will go back to the third line when stammer comes back. This isn't a knock to the boys, but its just the Palat and Johnson play so well together, you dont want to see them separated.

However, if it is me I would do...

Stamkos- Flip- Teddy I want to see Stammer on the wing, even if just for a short period of time.

Palat- Johnson- Marty If it aint broke...

Killer- Pyatt- Kooch Killer didn't play center well in my opinion. While I think Nate is doing a fine job, Pyatt isn't actually a bad #3 center option.

Malone-Thompson- Crombeen It's a checking line... and a pretty damn good one.

Preferably Panik is sent down so he can get top line minutes in the cuse. Brown could stay up to be an extra when Malone gets injured again. I also would be up for us trading Purcell ++ whatever to get that top pairing defensemen we all want for Hedman. Not going to happen though.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:02 AM
  #22
FDfranklin
Standclose
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,609
vCash: 500
Killorn - Stamkos - Marty

Purcell - Drouin - Kucherov

Palat - Johnson/Flip - Brown? This is where it gets confusing.

Malone - Thompson - Panik

First 2 lines besides Purcell could be deadly. If you put him back on the 1st line he might score 60 points again.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:21 AM
  #23
JFleegs
Registered User
 
JFleegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Killorn - Stamkos - Marty

Purcell - Drouin - Kucherov

Palat - Johnson/Flip - Brown? This is where it gets confusing.

Malone - Thompson - Panik

First 2 lines besides Purcell could be deadly. If you put him back on the 1st line he might score 60 points again.
I dont think you demote or get rid of either Johnson or Flip. If drouin was on the team I would go

Flip-Stamkos-Kuch
Palat-Johnson-St louis
Killorn-Drouin-purcell
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen
Brown

without drouin

Flip-Stamkos-kuch
Palat-Johnson-St Louis
brown-Killorn-purcell
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen
Pyatt

JFleegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:25 AM
  #24
FDfranklin
Standclose
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
I dont think you demote or get rid of either Johnson or Flip. If drouin was on the team I would go

Flip-Stamkos-Kuch
Palat-Johnson-St louis
Killorn-Drouin-purcell
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen
Brown
Yeah IDK.. I feel that Kuch/Drouin would be a damn good replica of Marty/Stammer and having 2 lines of that would be absolutely lethal.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:28 AM
  #25
JFleegs
Registered User
 
JFleegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Yeah IDK.. I feel that Kuch/Drouin would be a damn good replica of Marty/Stammer and having 2 lines of that would be absolutely lethal.
I think purcell would be the odd man out, I know what you mean with those two. I would put flip in purcells spot on that line though.

JFleegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.