HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
I think his back is messed up and needs either surgery or serious rehab during the off-season. Pretty sure we'll read about it the day after the Flyers are eliminated. If that's the case, and the team's confident he'll be healthy in late September, I'm actually willing to give him another year. I seem to remember him looking pretty good early on, no?

Old
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Flyersfan1616

vCash: 500
JVR 4.25m would be nice... Also LW

Old
03-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1616 View Post
JVR 4.25m would be nice... Also LW

That trade.....

Old
03-27-2014, 04:54 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Is anyone else sad we have Vinny for 4 more years?

Old
03-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Is anyone else sad we have Vinny for 4 more years?
Sad, angry, furious, disappointed, you name it.

I don't think I can watch him play 4 more years with the Flyers, injured or not.

Old
03-27-2014, 05:19 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Is anyone here straight up not sad? About anything related to this team?

03-27-2014, 07:02 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Bolts may take him back if we take a Malone type off their hands, don't under estimate his standing in the community there.

It isn't all that Vinny is a terrible hockey player, he is just a terrible fit for our team and our needs. It is obvious he needs to play center and is struggling on wing.

Trade him, and if you cant. he has to go to center and move Brayden for a D man or move him to G s wing full time.
Can't recommend trading Schenn. If Vinny continues to decline, and is playing so poorly. we are left very weak at Center position in terms of a scoring 2nd line. Sean would have to be the one on the way out.

Old
03-27-2014, 07:04 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Sad, angry, furious, disappointed, you name it.

I don't think I can watch him play 4 more years with the Flyers, injured or not.
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Old
03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
KaraLupin
카라

The funny thing is I can't even blame Homer on this one, cuz the cap looked really nice for him AT THE TIME, and he started the season playing very decent imo.

Old
03-28-2014, 01:12 AM
Jaraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
The funny thing is I can't even blame Homer on this one, cuz the cap looked really nice for him AT THE TIME, and he started the season playing very decent imo.
This is the only positive thing about the Vinny signing. That contract is actually a pretty freaking good one and it should make it relatively easy to sucker a team into trading for it. It's just unfortunate Vinny turned out to be garbage for the Flyers.

Old
03-28-2014, 01:27 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

I don't understand how a player can become so bad after being so good. It defies logic. If we can manage to get rid of him it would really make it a lot easier to form better lines because right now things are getting screwed up to make room for him.

Old
03-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraco View Post
This is the only positive thing about the Vinny signing. That contract is actually a pretty freaking good one and it should make it relatively easy to sucker a team into trading for it. It's just unfortunate Vinny turned out to be garbage for the Flyers.
Signing a 33-year old with a relatively recent injury history to a 5 year deal is not even close to being a good deal. In a vacuum, the cap-hit doesn't suck. That's probably the only positive thing you can say about it, though.

Old
03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
martz11

Wow this is a tough crowd. For an aging vet that is playing out of position and gets almost no PP time I'd say he's done exactly what I thought he would this year. I wasn't expecting the star player he used to be but just a good role player which is exactly what he is.

Old
03-28-2014, 07:55 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
Wow this is a tough crowd. For an aging vet that is playing out of position and gets almost no PP time I'd say he's done exactly what I thought he would this year. I wasn't expecting the star player he used to be but just a good role player which is exactly what he is.
He had more points in 20 less games last year. It's understandable if people expected more. Add to that the fact that he had a hot start, meaning he hasn't produced in a long while.

Old
03-28-2014, 07:58 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I'm convinced he'll be better next season

Old
03-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
he was our best forward at the beginning of the year.

If i am the flyers i drop off a big ol box of steroids at his house this offseason with step by step instructions.

Old
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I'm convinced he'll be one year older and continue to decline the way Knuble did...

Old
03-28-2014, 09:23 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
I'm convinced he'll be one year older and continue to decline the way Knuble did...
You're right, but he's not nearly as old as Knuble was at the end here. He still shows flashes of offensive talent. What I meant was I think he played most of the first half banged up and never really gave himself a chance to heal.

I know there's a chance it happens again, but I am just trying to be optimistic.

Old
03-28-2014, 09:49 AM
MickeyMelchiondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
if this is what you expected from a player who was one of the best in the league really not too long ago and isn't too old, then I imagine you also thought the Flyers would miss the playoffs this season.

adam hall is a role player [and a good one], not vinny.

vinny's real problem is partially on the coach/management-he's so bad off the puck and on D because he's out of position.

he has 9 goals since october. at best, we can hope that he can either be moved or the offseason helps with whatever injury he may be nursing.

Old
03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Larry44

Quote:
You're right, but he's not nearly as old as Knuble was at the end here. He still shows flashes of offensive talent. What I meant was I think he played most of the first half banged up and never really gave himself a chance to heal.

I know there's a chance it happens again, but I am just trying to be optimistic.
I don't think Vinny's been THAT bad this year. He clearly had an injury that set him back.

He had some very good o-zone time in recent games. He's strong on the pucks, hits and will fight.

Still, he's scored some amazing goals for us. That breakaway vs. Pitt was a clincher.

I really think he'll be a valuable contriibutor as we continue down the stretch. He's proud. He apparently didn't like being on the 4th line. He'll have a great game tonight.

Old
03-28-2014, 10:48 AM
poneill27
Rest In Peace Ed

vCash: 671
Demoted to 4th line

Old
03-28-2014, 10:50 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I think he's a great guy to have on the team if he is performing due to all the intangibles he has, so I hope he succeeds.

Old
03-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
I think he's a great guy to have on the team if he is performing due to all the intangibles he has, so I hope he succeeds.
I feel the same way; he seems like a great guy.

I know some won't agree with this, but all year I've wanted Vinny on the first PP unit in place of Voracek. He still has good hands and vision and probably the best shot on the team (one timer anyway). I like Jake, and his current willingness to shoot is refreshing to see, but no doubt Vinny's got the better shot.

Old
03-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Stizzle

Quote:
Why? He's like watching a slightly better, more disciplined, version of Briere. He's certainly trending in the wrong direction, and those trends don't usually reverse.

This team is a way better off having McGinn play LW with Schenn and Simmonds. I would bet with great confidence that Schenn and Simmonds 5 on 5 production would increase substantially.

Also, the line with Vinny was spending every other shift hemmed in defensively. It was torture. I'm not totally blaming Vinny for that. But he certainly didn't help.

Old
03-28-2014, 11:56 AM
hizzat

Berube sticking to his statements about accountability with that comment. I like it.

Closed Thread