HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
Hextall is talking to Vinny's agent about trading him hope hextall can move him for something.

Old
06-11-2014, 08:10 PM
pacehimself

Sucks things havent worked out for vinny. Looked like a good deal before he went down with the back injury this year...it is more beneficial for schenn to see 2nd line center minutes at this point and see how he developes then let vinny stay on the 2nd line C and potentially stunt schenns growth

Old
06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
The Rage Kage

I actually like vinny, he may not fit in well here, but given the right opportunities I think he could bounce back, just not with the flyers. Hopefully he can have success elsewhere.

Old
06-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Stizzle

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 1m

#TSN Insider Trading discussed potential Lecavalier move. Look for Flyers to be very active,specifically with a focus on Defenseman. #TSN

Old
06-12-2014, 02:52 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post

#TSN Insider Trading discussed potential Lecavalier move. Look for Flyers to be very active,specifically with a focus on Defenseman. #TSN
We badly need a LW to play with Couturier or Schenn if this happens.

Also about this whole defense thing, can we just trade for Gormley now and be done with it?

Old
06-12-2014, 03:39 AM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage Kage View Post
I actually like vinny, he may not fit in well here, but given the right opportunities I think he could bounce back, just not with the flyers. Hopefully he can have success elsewhere.
I agree. He is a class act.
It was great seeing him potting two goals against Boston in one of the games I went to!!

Old
06-12-2014, 03:50 AM
Prairie Spitfire

I'm a huge Lecavalier fan so this is a hard pill to swallow. Hopefully he can bounce back somewhere. Maybe on an offensively challenged team?
Despite his terrible year, he had 20 goals, still has size and experience. Someone will take him off your hands.

Old
06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
ilovetheflyers8

I saw on the trade boards someone suggest that the Flyers might need to keep on some of Lecavalier's hit. If this happens does the team pay the percentage of the cap hit or the percentage of the salary? I assume the way it works is they use the same percentage for the cap hit and the salary. Is that correct? The reason I ask is because Lecavalier's salary after the first few years is less than his hit due to bonuses.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:19 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Would Vinny fetch any of these with salary retained?

Sobotka
Stalberg
Gunnerson/Franson
Bickell
Prosser

Just trying to figure out what teams could use a C with the pedigree of Vinny.

Old
06-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Prongo
Beer

I think the fairest trade with Viinny we have seen is to Nashville for Stalberg straight across the board. Nothing retained. Stalberg salary for the next three is 2.5, 3.5, 3.5 while Vinny's is 6, 4.5, 3, 3. After this year it is pretty much a wash except for the extra year on Vinny's deal. The only problem I could see though is the signing bonus. Nashville already pays a ton of SB to Weber. They may not like that cash up front.

06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post

Also about this whole defense thing, can we just trade for Gormley now and be done with it?
How about making Schenn the LW next to Couturier.

Keep in mind, if they take someone else's bad contract, they can't bury him in the minors and lose the cap hit.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

I believe hextall will surprise us with the return he gets for Vinny. It won't be great but it will be good going forward.

Old
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Embiid
JoJo says no no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Hextall is talking to Vinny's agent about trading him hope hextall can move him for something.
I'll take a fart in a jar for Vinny...just get rid of Holmgren's trash please....

Old
06-12-2014, 12:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post

Cant see Phoenix trading him. it was him or Rundblad.

Old
06-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 683
Well this is confirmation that the Flyers are looking at analytics! Simmonds, Schenn and Couturier had positive Corsi when on the ice without Lecavalier.

Rinaldo and Grossmann next?

Old
06-12-2014, 03:26 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Would Vinny fetch any of these with salary retained?

Sobotka
Stalberg
Gunnerson/Franson
Bickell
Prosser

Just trying to figure out what teams could use a C with the pedigree of Vinny.
Straight trade to Preds for Stalberg would work. Lavi liked Vinny from the get go so lets hope.
4.5mil a year for a 20 goal scorer ain't bad and leader is what the Preds could use.

Old
06-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Curufinwe

I really believe Rinaldo needs to spend a whole year in the AHL where he attempts to learn to use his stick to make positive plays with the puck. And work on defense and penalty killing.

Old
06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I really believe Rinaldo needs to spend a whole year in the AHL where he attempts to learn to use his stick to make positive plays with the puck. And work on defense and penalty killing.
They should have been doing this the past two years.

Old
06-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Curufinwe

Can someone make a gif of Homer's face dissolving and being replaced by Hextall's? I think it might come in handy.

Old
06-12-2014, 05:38 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Vinny lead the team with 9 Goals before his first injury. He just wasnt able to fully recover from the broken back, even with the 3 week Olympic break. Unfortunate. I hope he's traded of course. But if not, you never know, he could turn out to be a good player again.

Last edited by jabba2: 06-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
kyuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I think the fairest trade with Viinny we have seen is to Nashville for Stalberg straight across the board. Nothing retained. Stalberg salary for the next three is 2.5, 3.5, 3.5 while Vinny's is 6, 4.5, 3, 3. After this year it is pretty much a wash except for the extra year on Vinny's deal. The only problem I could see though is the signing bonus. Nashville already pays a ton of SB to Weber. They may not like that cash up front.
Unless the bonus payment dates are specifically written into the contract, I think the Flyers can pay his '14-'15 bonus on the first of next month, then trade him with only 4mill real money owed that year.

Old
06-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post

Completely missed this tweet and news here. Interesting because I have said before I would not be surprised if we retool the defense. Also, remember that Vinny for Josi rumor, how god darn funny would it be if it actually came true. The hockey worlds mind would collectively blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss View Post
Unless the bonus payment dates are specifically written into the contract, I think the Flyers can pay his '14-'15 bonus on the first of next month, then trade him with only 4mill real money owed that year.
I am not sure what day but it most likely is on the day he signed the contract like Shea Weber's payments as well.

Seems like from a quick Google search it is July 3rd. We would have to pay it then, and then we could trade him.

Also another little interesting tidbit from the article.

Quote:
Sources tell ESPN.com that the Dallas Stars and Montreal Canadiens were seriously considered right to the end.

Detroit, Boston, St. Louis, Washington and Toronto were among other interested bidders.
Teams that were heavily interested in him. Look for these teams to be mentioned again you would have to believe?

Old
06-12-2014, 06:54 PM
HockeyOrDie
Hockey Hockey Hockey

"TSN hockey analyst Darren Dreger reported the Flyers are now interested in dealing the 34-year-old center after just one year in Philadelphia, and with the organization fresh out of compliance buyouts (see: Ilya Bryzgalov and Danny Briere), the Flyers would have to find a suitable partner for an offseason swap.

To facilitate a trade, first and foremost, the Flyers would have to eat a portion of Lecavalier’s salary. He’s due $16.5 million over the next four years, including $6 million for 2014-15, and under current CBA guidelines, the Flyers could retain as much as 50 percent. Assuming they’re willing to do that, the acquiring team would pay Lecavalier $8.25 over four years, which would give general managers something to seriously consider..."

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...ade-lecavalier

Old
06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Tedeward

The main reason we would be trading Vinny is to be freeing up cap space. I f we have to retain salary then i would be hesitant to trade him. Best case scenario: we find a trade partner that will take his cap hit, even if he has to be traded at a very low value.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Completely missed this tweet and news here. Interesting because I have said before I would not be surprised if we retool the defense. Also, remember that Vinny for Josi rumor, how god darn funny would it be if it actually came true. The hockey worlds mind would collectively blow.

I am not sure what day but it most likely is on the day he signed the contract like Shea Weber's payments as well.

Seems like from a quick Google search it is July 3rd. We would have to pay it then, and then we could trade him.

Also another little interesting tidbit from the article.

Teams that were heavily interested in him. Look for these teams to be mentioned again you would have to believe?
Don't you dare mention Josi...

Closed Thread