HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2014, 09:39 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Did Vinny ever play with Downie while in Tampa?
Nope, if he did it was less then 10 percent according to behindthenet.ca

Gagne was his most common linemate in 2010-11 though when he scored at a 68 point pace and Gagne a 53 point pace.

Since he's not going anywhere (I would look to move him if possible I just don't think it's likely) I'm hoping the offseason does him some good. He was leading the team in points and goals there for a while. Iirc he was actually the first Flyer to hit double digits in goals, the fact that he currently has only 14 goals is pretty telling. He just hasn't been the same since his first injury (jaw injury after a fight maybe, I'm not sure).

Old
03-12-2014, 09:51 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Nope, if he did it was less then 10 percent according to behindthenet.ca

Gagne was his most common linemate in 2010-11 though when he scored at a 68 point pace and Gagne a 53 point pace.

Since he's not going anywhere (I would look to move him if possible I just don't think it's likely) I'm hoping the offseason does him some good. He was leading the team in points and goals there for a while. Iirc he was actually the first Flyer to hit double digits in goals, the fact that he currently has only 14 goals is pretty telling. He just hasn't been the same since his first injury (jaw injury after a fight maybe, I'm not sure).
and to be fair he did have a broken back. he just looks lost mentally and defeated. he is disappointed with himself after every shift. maybe he needs to be treated like a star and put him with G and move hartnell down.

At least he looks a little faster and quick since the olympic break.

Old
03-12-2014, 10:34 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Vinny has been so bad. I had not turned on him yet, but last night's game was the final straw. Zero chemistry with anyone on the team.
You didn't like that spin-o-rama pass to Schenn when they had a 2 on 1?

Old
03-12-2014, 11:10 AM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
You didn't like that spin-o-rama pass to Schenn when they had a 2 on 1?
Luke Schenn's spin-o-rama attempt a while back was worse but yeah Vinny is looking pretty putrid.

Vinny Lecavalier: Terrible Signing!

Old
03-12-2014, 12:40 PM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
and to be fair he did have a broken back. he just looks lost mentally and defeated. he is disappointed with himself after every shift. maybe he needs to be treated like a star and put him with G and move hartnell down.

At least he looks a little faster and quick since the olympic break.
I've had the same thought. I thought I remembered hearing that a big selling point to him was the possibility of playing with G.. well that happened for what, one game? I feel like I remember them having a little bit of chemistry on the rush whenever that happened.

He's looked better individually since the break, but that line is awful. Way more of a liability than a threat to score. Needs a shake up badly. I think Schenn's been the worst player on that line since the break by far.

Old
03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
MickeyMelchiondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He was leading the team in points and goals there for a while. Iirc he was actually the first Flyer to hit double digits in goals, the fact that he currently has only 14 goals is pretty telling.
he has 8 goals since Nov. 1
he's played poorly by any metric, especially so by the eye test

Old
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
I've had the same thought. I thought I remembered hearing that a big selling point to him was the possibility of playing with G.. well that happened for what, one game? I feel like I remember them having a little bit of chemistry on the rush whenever that happened.

He's looked better individually since the break, but that line is awful. Way more of a liability than a threat to score. Needs a shake up badly. I think Schenn's been the worst player on that line since the break by far.
yea and G is always looking for the cross ice one timer that vinny scored on the PP a lot with. It would have been nice to try it out against jersey, may get burned with it against a few of the pens lines.

i think G with jake and vinny as well as hartnell with simmer and schenn would be pretty good actually. Would be a good time to make that move too. I bet berube makes some kind of change with our forwards being shutout the last two games and all this time to tinker before the next game. If Vinny is what he is supposed to be it would be a big boost to the team

Old
03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
yea and G is always looking for the cross ice one timer that vinny scored on the PP a lot with. It would have been nice to try it out against jersey, may get burned with it against a few of the pens lines.

i think G with jake and vinny as well as hartnell with simmer and schenn would be pretty good actually. Would be a good time to make that move too. I bet berube makes some kind of change with our forwards being shutout the last two games and all this time to tinker before the next game. If Vinny is what he is supposed to be it would be a big boost to the team
Yes, I want to see the legion of dumb re-united! They played real well together, it started slow but that's how Hartnell picked things up. Maybe it'll work again.

Old
03-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Tripod

How about trying something different:

McGinn G Voracek
Hartnell Schenn Simmonds
Raffl Couts Read
Downie Vinny Hall-plays against other teams 4th lines

Personally...I would have liked to try

Giroux Couts Voracek-Let Couts be like Bozak and focus on D first, offense 2nd. G on his offwing for 1 timers too.
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Schenn Simmonds

Vinny is a 15 year veteran C. Let him play C to have a chance to succeed.
And G can still produce from the wing...look at Kane.

Last edited by Tripod: 03-12-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old
03-12-2014, 03:49 PM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
How about trying something different:

McGinn G Voracek
Hartnell Schenn Simmonds
Raffl Couts Read
Downie Vinny Hall
-plays against other teams 4th lines

Personally...I would have liked to try

Giroux Couts Voracek-Let Couts be like Bozak and focus on D first, offense 2nd. G on his offwing for 1 timers too.
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Schenn Simmonds

Vinny is a 15 year veteran C. Let him play C to have a chance to succeed.
And G can still produce from the wing...look at Kane.
Not McGinn again.. he's not a 1st liner player, he's barely an NHLer. I don't know why people are so attached to him, he got a couple goals while the team was struggling, but he isn't really a good player in any facet of the game and simply got lucky.

Vinny on the 4th line? That's just ridiculous, not to mention not a role he can play.

The 2nd lineup I like better.

Old
03-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

What I found interesting was there were rumors around the deadline(don't know if they were true or not) that the Flyers offered Vinny+1st rounder for Ryan Kesler. Now it's interesting because Homer could see he is having problems in our lineup and even made him available in a trade. I could see Vinny being okay with a trade since he just has not fit in well here. It's nothing against him personally, he just isn't a fit like he thought he would be under Lavy. He would be a nice addition to a team that needs a 2nd line center as well, and he might ask to be moved. Montreal might give us a call for him, they wanted him badly to fill their 2nd line center position when he was a free agent.

I don't think it's actually that much of a long shot to see him ask for a trade. Unless we move Schenn around the draft and he reverts back to our second line center.

Old
03-12-2014, 06:36 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
What I found interesting was there were rumors around the deadline(don't know if they were true or not) that the Flyers offered Vinny+1st rounder for Ryan Kesler. Now it's interesting because Homer could see he is having problems in our lineup and even made him available in a trade. I could see Vinny being okay with a trade since he just has not fit in well here. It's nothing against him personally, he just isn't a fit like he thought he would be under Lavy. He would be a nice addition to a team that needs a 2nd line center as well, and he might ask to be moved. Montreal might give us a call for him, they wanted him badly to fill their 2nd line center position when he was a free agent.

I don't think it's actually that much of a long shot to see him ask for a trade. Unless we move Schenn around the draft and he reverts back to our second line center.
Chicago has been looking for a 2nd line center for a long ass time. I'd trade them Vinny for a 1st or a real good defensive prospect.

Old
03-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Chicago has been looking for a 2nd line center for a long ass time. I'd trade them Vinny for a 1st or a real good defensive prospect.
They are reportedly on the 6 team list Kesler would go to. If they lose out on the trade, I could see them looking at other options. Cap is a problem there though. They would need to send us salary back most likely. Nick Leddy?? hehe.

Old
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Teuvo Teravainen Chicago's top prospect who can play center will be joining them for the stretch run if he plays well they may not be looking for one this offseason. He's been playing in the FEL the last three years so he's been playing against men all that time & should be ready for the jump.

Old
03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Funf

Quote:
If we could pull that off, it would be an absolute steal. I doubt they'd do it though.

I was all for signing Vinny when we did, and I still think he has more left in the tank than what he's showing, but it seems he's just a very poor fit for where the team is at now, with all of the centers we have in the system, and our abundance of forwards who don't seem to excel at the defensive aspect of the game.

Exchanging VL for a LW that can play with G, or a player like Read would go a long way. I just think we need more players that have a scoring touch, and are more responsible, defensively.

Old
03-12-2014, 07:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

Credit to the gif king Akanon. I asked him to make this gif. When Simmonds is telling you who to cover defensively you've got serious problems.

Old
03-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Lecavelier for a 7th would be a steal for us right now. The guy is useless, get him out of here as soon as possible.

Old
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Lecavelier for a 7th would be a steal for us right now. The guy is useless, get him out of here as soon as possible.
Hell, id trade him for future considerations or whatever the heck the call it

Old
03-12-2014, 10:01 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
But how much salary would you be willing to eat?

Old
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Ummmm as if a team as superbly run as the Hawks would trade a valuable piece for a useless player on an albatross contract.

Old
03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

According to some here, Centers are in huge demand, so we should be able to get something for him. Even if they have to keep some salary, which wouldnt be the worst thing either. I hate to think this is the Vinny we'll be seeing for another 4 years.

Old
03-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

This is the signing that will cause Homer to be fired or step down.

I liked him as the 2C but he's a waste at winger.

Old
03-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would honestly trade him and a 6th for a 7th right now... just get him away from here.

Old
03-13-2014, 05:23 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
But how much salary would you be willing to eat?
Is a team allowed to retain salary without retaining the cap hit?

Old
03-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
This is the signing that will cause Homer to be fired or step down.

I liked him as the 2C but he's a waste at winger.
Good one.

Closed Thread