HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time AV creates a legit first line

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2013, 06:47 AM
  #1
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
It's about time AV creates a legit first line

Kreider-Stepan-Nash


I agree with one poster in another thread. Stepan is a number 1 center. He was 11th in the league last year in scoring for centers and he plays great defense.

You need a number 1 line to win games for you. You can't put Stepan with MZA. It's a waste. While they had a few good games, this is not a line that makes teams afraid. Kreider-Stepan-Nash does. Two powerful, fast power wingers who can shoot with a top setup guy.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:00 AM
  #2
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeadeal View Post
Kreider-Stepan-Nash


I agree with one poster in another thread. Stepan is a number 1 center. He was 11th in the league last year in scoring for centers and he plays great defense.

You need a number 1 line to win games for you. You can't put Stepan with MZA. It's a waste. While they had a few good games, this is not a line that makes teams afraid. Kreider-Stepan-Nash does. Two powerful, fast power wingers who can shoot with a top setup guy.
I'm sure they will try this combo but can't be upset we keeping zucc there

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:54 AM
  #3
JHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Yeah Zuc is not a top line winger. Anyone who thinks he is is lost. Nash earned top line minutes last game. Can we give him them?

Richards also is more of a wing than a center. Would it be so bad to move him to wing and try a line of Richards- Brassard-Hagelin??? Then the third line becomes Callahan-Boyle- Zuc and the fourth line than becomes Pouliott- Moore- Dorsett.

Actually, I like those lines.

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:32 AM
  #4
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,481
vCash: 500
This thread title is great. A Glen Sather special.

Its on the coach to create a first line.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:14 AM
  #5
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,578
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
Yeah Zuc is not a top line winger. Anyone who thinks he is is lost. Nash earned top line minutes last game. Can we give him them?

Richards also is more of a wing than a center. Would it be so bad to move him to wing and try a line of Richards- Brassard-Hagelin??? Then the third line becomes Callahan-Boyle- Zuc and the fourth line than becomes Pouliott- Moore- Dorsett.

Actually, I like those lines.
I genuinely think you are lost.

Boyle is not a third liner. He's a excellent 4thliner. Pouliot is the worst player to ever grace this team in recent history, and that includes Pyatt. He needs to go right now.

Nash is already playing first line minutes, seeing as he is on the 1st line. The reason he's not playing 20+ minutes a game is because of AVs desire to field 4 lines. Unlike Torts who used the 4thline as his lowminute scapegoats.

What you are suggesting is essentially a return to the Torts era of juggling every line because we lost a game. While conveniently forgetting that the same team outplayed the same team we lost to the previous time around.

So just maybe, our problem is not with line pairings, but individual performance. The only problem we have is Richards playing 1C. He's not doing a good enough job at it.

Honestly I give credit to AV for sticking with the lines. It gives the players some security.

A note tho: that 2nd line youre bashing, they've produced a good number of PP goals, including 2 vs Florida. It does not apply to ES, but its still the 3 players you want to split up, because Tortsjuggling.

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:29 AM
  #6
Machinehead
Moderator
1st pair Boyle
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This thread title is great. A Glen Sather special.

Its on the coach to create a first line.
Ain't that the truth

__________________

Click here for Brassard Party
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:40 AM
  #7
JHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I genuinely think you are lost.

Boyle is not a third liner. He's a excellent 4thliner. Pouliot is the worst player to ever grace this team in recent history, and that includes Pyatt. He needs to go right now.

Nash is already playing first line minutes, seeing as he is on the 1st line. The reason he's not playing 20+ minutes a game is because of AVs desire to field 4 lines. Unlike Torts who used the 4thline as his lowminute scapegoats.

What you are suggesting is essentially a return to the Torts era of juggling every line because we lost a game. While conveniently forgetting that the same team outplayed the same team we lost to the previous time around.

So just maybe, our problem is not with line pairings, but individual performance. The only problem we have is Richards playing 1C. He's not doing a good enough job at it.

Honestly I give credit to AV for sticking with the lines. It gives the players some security.

A note tho: that 2nd line youre bashing, they've produced a good number of PP goals, including 2 vs Florida. It does not apply to ES, but its still the 3 players you want to split up, because Tortsjuggling.
You really can't be serious! We can stick to the same lines we've had for most of the year and continue to almost never score more than 2 goals a game. Is that your solution??? News flash, Boyle is already out third line center.

Did you forget that Dom Moore has been playing on the fourth line???

Listen, when you deal in actual players fitting into actual lines( that's what AV does), it is clear the team has flaws. Statements like, " Boyle is a perfect fourth line center," mean absolutely nothing. You can't play him on the fourth line unless you'd rather have Dom Moore playing third line minutes. That's fine with me because honestly, Richards at center is not working. He looses almost every faceoff and that means we don't have the puck. Tough to play puck possession when we don't have the puck! At least with Moore and Boyle playing center we have two decent faceoff guys.

Pouliot is awful, but again who's better??? Pyatt???? Miller( I think so but no use on the fourth line.)

The problem with people like you is you say " I'm lost.". Truthfully, you are lost in a fantastical analysis of the team rather than dealing with the pieces currently on the team. That's what I did by suggesting Richards move to wing. We've tried these lines for over 2 weeks now. Aside from the Panther game( one of the worst teams in the league,) we don't score above 2 goals.

You are right, let's stay the course. Things are working well.

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:43 AM
  #8
Miller Time NYR
Registered User
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
If only it were as easy as putting lines together based on the name on the back of the jersey....

Aside from the fact that alot of players are underperforming, there's a little thing called chemistry that comes into play and it's not as easy as sniper-playmaker-power forward like a video game

Also Richards is more of a wing than a center I guess his idiot coaches have been playing him out of position for the last 20 years of his professional career.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:43 AM
  #9
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I genuinely think you are lost.

Boyle is not a third liner. He's a excellent 4thliner. Pouliot is the worst player to ever grace this team in recent history, and that includes Pyatt. He needs to go right now.

Nash is already playing first line minutes, seeing as he is on the 1st line. The reason he's not playing 20+ minutes a game is because of AVs desire to field 4 lines. Unlike Torts who used the 4thline as his lowminute scapegoats.

What you are suggesting is essentially a return to the Torts era of juggling every line because we lost a game. While conveniently forgetting that the same team outplayed the same team we lost to the previous time around.

So just maybe, our problem is not with line pairings, but individual performance. The only problem we have is Richards playing 1C. He's not doing a good enough job at it.

Honestly I give credit to AV for sticking with the lines. It gives the players some security.

A note tho: that 2nd line youre bashing, they've produced a good number of PP goals, including 2 vs Florida. It does not apply to ES, but its still the 3 players you want to split up, because Tortsjuggling.
When a team is not winning you will be unable to find a coach who will not juggle lines.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  #10
Pistachio
I love your mother
 
Pistachio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 207
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
Yeah Zuc is not a top line winger. Anyone who thinks he is is lost. Nash earned top line minutes last game. Can we give him them?

Richards also is more of a wing than a center. Would it be so bad to move him to wing and try a line of Richards- Brassard-Hagelin??? Then the third line becomes Callahan-Boyle- Zuc and the fourth line than becomes Pouliott- Moore- Dorsett.

Actually, I like those lines.
Of forwards, only Stepan and Richards have more points than Zuccarello. Every line he plays on produces or immensely improves. Zuccarello's play the past two seasons have proven he's at the very least a second line player when he's playing well. And he is. It feels like every time the ENTIRE team does "okay" or "less than okay", Zuccarello suddenly becomes the worst player on the rangers again - as measured by some fans - as evident from the above little gem of idiocy.

Zuccarello is one of the top 3 forwards of the Rangers this season. So be quiet please and stop your irrational and unfounded bashing that is based on nothing but what I can only assume is idiotic preconceptions or Frodophobia.

Pistachio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  #11
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
How times do our fans have to see Zucc do nothing against big, physical, good defensive teams before they stop kissing his butt? The reality is your best center needs to be with your best wing. Stepan isn't with Nash and it makes no sense. Kreider is probably your next most talented wing offensively. That is what the line should be.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:56 AM
  #12
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
I took what I consider big, physical teams who were good defensively that we played this year. St. Louis, LA, Phoenix, Boston, San Jose and Anaheim. Zucc has 0 G's. 0 A's in those 8 games while being a -4 and getting plenty of ice time. I don't want to hear from the MZA supporters again.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:59 AM
  #13
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash should be line 1. It worked last year

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:02 AM
  #14
JHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Of forwards, only Stepan and Richards have more points than Zuccarello. Every line he plays on produces or immensely improves. Zuccarello's play the past two seasons have proven he's at the very least a second line player when he's playing well. And he is. It feels like every time the ENTIRE team does "okay" or "less than okay", Zuccarello suddenly becomes the worst player on the rangers again - as measured by some fans - as evident from the above little gem of idiocy.

Zuccarello is one of the top 3 forwards of the Rangers this season. So be quiet please and stop your irrational and unfounded bashing that is based on nothing but what I can only assume is idiotic preconceptions or Frodophobia.
Wow I'm getting killed in this thread for pointing out that a guy with, 3 goals this season is not a top line player. Am I missing something here?? Saying hes the thrd best forward on this team is not sayin much. Nash has just about the same amount of goals as Zuc while playing half the games. Zuc makes so many bad choices with the puck it's pathetic. He passes constantly when shots are obvious. For ever 1 or 2 nice assists he has he has given up 10 quality shot opportunities. I'm sorry I don't view that as a good player.

Also, just as an aside, can people stop with the personal attacks? Statements like " idiot" and the like are not required. I'd like to have a decent discussion without the name calling. If that's not possible than I'll stop because I don't want to engage in name calling.


Last edited by JHS: 11-30-2013 at 10:08 AM.
JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:04 AM
  #15
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
Wow I'm getting killed in this thread for pointing out that a guy with, 4 or 5 goals this season( sorry not sure exactly) is not a top line player. Am I missing something here?? Nash has just about the same amount of goals as Zuc while playing half the games. Zuc makes so many bad choices with the puck it's pathetic. He passes constantly when shots are obvious. For ever 1 or 2 nice assists he has he has given up 10 quality shot opportunities. I'm sorry I don't view that as a good player.

Also, just as an aside, can people stop with the personal attacks? Statements like " idiot" and the like are not required. I'd like to have a decent discussion without the name calling. If that's not possible than I'll stop because I don't want to engage in name calling.


People insult you here if you think a player isnt as good as people think he is.

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:08 AM
  #16
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
Wow I'm getting killed in this thread for pointing out that a guy with, 4 or 5 goals this season( sorry not sure exactly) is not a top line player. Am I missing something here?? Nash has just about the same amount of goals as Zuc while playing half the games. Zuc makes so many bad choices with the puck it's pathetic. He passes constantly when shots are obvious. For ever 1 or 2 nice assists he has he has given up 10 quality shot opportunities. I'm sorry I don't view that as a good player.

Also, just as an aside, can people stop with the personal attacks? Statements like " idiot" and the like are not required. I'd like to have a decent discussion without the name calling. If that's not possible than I'll stop because I don't want to engage in name calling.
Zucarello: 3 goals
Kreider: 3 goals

Hrm.

Your Zucarello "analysis" is pretty weak. He's the best passer on the team and your "stats" that you're making up don't help your argument (10 quality shots not taken for 1 or 2 nice assists? wtf?)

Richards/Nash/Hagelin is fine as a 1st line
Zukes/Steps/Kreider is fine as a 2nd line

What killed us yesterday was:

Lacking team toughness
0-5 on the PP
Awful turnovers, particularly by Staal

The opportunities have been there, the entire team needs to finish better.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:08 AM
  #17
silverfish
Player Usage
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 19,437
vCash: 500
What it's really time to do is for Sather to get on the phone with LaLaLaLaLaFontaine, and get Ott in Rangers blue already. Make him 3C, put Richie back on LW. Give them our 2nd this year and Del Zotto. I know they love Ott in Buffalo, but as a rental I don't know how much more he'd bring back. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a first from someone though, but I don't WANT to believe that

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Richie - Brass - Callahan
Hagelin - Ott - Zuccarello
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

All day.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:09 AM
  #18
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
What it's really time to do is for Sather to get on the phone with LaLaLaLaLaFontaine, and get Ott in Rangers blue already. Make him 3C, put Richie back on LW. Give them our 2nd this year and Del Zotto. I know they love Ott in Buffalo, but as a rental I don't know how much more he'd bring back. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a first from someone though, but I don't WANT to believe that

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Richie - Brass - Callahan
Hagelin - Ott - Zuccarello
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

All day.


Switch Callahan and Zucc

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:11 AM
  #19
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother
 
Hollywood Hulk Hogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Kinda hard to do that when you only have one first liner on the team

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:12 AM
  #20
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash should be line 1. It worked last year
Yeah, I don't hate that line. Maybe swapping those two centers could help.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Richards - Zuccarello
Boyle - Brassard - Calllahan
Pyatt - Moore - DD

And if you want Richards off C
Hagelin/Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Richards - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin/Kreider - Boyle - Callahan
Pyatt - Moore - DD

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:15 AM
  #21
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeadeal View Post
I took what I consider big, physical teams who were good defensively that we played this year. St. Louis, LA, Phoenix, Boston, San Jose and Anaheim. Zucc has 0 G's. 0 A's in those 8 games while being a -4 and getting plenty of ice time. I don't want to hear from the MZA supporters again.
And, 6' 3" big body "first liner" Chris Kreider had 1 assist and a -1 in those games. He didn't play in the "bloodbath" games, though, which would've really killed his stats.

11/29 Boston 0/0/0
11/19 Boston 0/1/-1
11/4 Anaheim 0/0/0
11/17 LA 0/0/0

I'd venture to say, also, that the cumulative stats for anyone on the team that played in those games would be pretty dismal since we got killed 9-2 in SJ, 6-0 in Anaheim, and 4-1 in Phoenix.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:15 AM
  #22
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
Yeah, I don't hate that line. Maybe swapping those two centers could help.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Richards - Zuccarello
Boyle - Brassard - Calllahan
Pyatt - Moore - DD

And if you want Richards off C
Hagelin/Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Richards - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin/Kreider - Boyle - Callahan
Pyatt - Moore - DD

Nice. I like Hagelin-Stepan-Nash. i would put Kreider on another line because that line was the offense last year. I also like Richards on the wing with Moore as 3C. I think Moore is a bit faster than Boyle and we need some speed and Boyle has none. Callahan on the 3rd line is nice but give him 1st unit PP time.

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:16 AM
  #23
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,770
vCash: 500
What we REALLY need is another line to not be useless.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:23 AM
  #24
JHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Zucarello: 3 goals
Kreider: 3 goals

Hrm.

Your Zucarello "analysis" is pretty weak. He's the best passer on the team and your "stats" that you're making up don't help your argument (10 quality shots not taken for 1 or 2 nice assists? wtf?)

Richards/Nash/Hagelin is fine as a 1st line
Zukes/Steps/Kreider is fine as a 2nd line

What killed us yesterday was:

Lacking team toughness
0-5 on the PP
Awful turnovers, particularly by Staal

The opportunities have been there, the entire team needs to finish better.
Ok fine I'm making up stats but the NHL does not keep stats for bad decisions with the puck. So I kind of had to make a generalization.

Actually maybe we should all write to The NHL stats department and suggest they come up with a stat for passes from the slot vs shots taken and call it the "MZA index.". I kid I kid.

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:27 AM
  #25
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
Also Richards is more of a wing than a center I guess his idiot coaches have been playing him out of position for the last 20 years of his professional career.
He's actually not that old... but I could see why you might say that. He's been nothing like he should be since joining this team. This season he has a few points, let's see more.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.