HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

41: Coyotes VS the Flyers 6PM

Old
01-05-2014, 10:53 AM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Really excited for Boedker. I hope it continues. He's a guy on the ice that is always skating hard for the most part, so glad to see him reap some rewards for his effort.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:54 AM
kihekah19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Thank god none of us are the GM or coach. I have read all of the posts and had to laugh.

DT can not adapt
GMDM could be fired because of signing Smith
we may never pull out of this tailspin
team is a joke
team has tuned DT out
we are screwed everytime Smith is dressed
Yandle and Smith showing why they are not Olympians

And the list goes on and on. It is frustrating to watch this team right now, nothing seems to be going our way, lack of effort etc. Most of us expected this team to fight for the last playoff spot, then when we hit that hot steak we were talking conference title. But to blame Schlemko, Stone, Chip, Kennedy etc. is just crazy. When teams go into a slump the leaders of that team have to step it up, but our leaders like Ribeiro, Vrbata, Morris, Klesla Smith have disappeared. I'm confident DT will get things turned around, he always does. I would rather this happen now not later in the season.
You're looking at this clearly.

I think the perfect "little shake up" would have been to start Greiss against Columbus and to keep playing him, so long as he performed well.... What say you?

kihekah19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:58 AM
drgregg
millenials get off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post

Chemistry is off. We have some passengers for sure but we need another shutdown D and skilled forward. Trade market should heat up before Olympic break. Maloney knows his job. Rumors this morning have us attached to Moulson.

Smith will find focus after Tuesday. This Olympic thing is in his head.
If I am right and Smith makes the team, it will be interesting to see what the validation does for him.

Moulson would be an incredible pickup, where is the rumour; Spector, Garrioch? I'd like to read more about it if there is anymore to it.

As for a defensive defenceman, I have come around on Stuart from the Jets. He should be available, and while being very limited (bottom pairing only), the guy chews nails, is very intense and a leader.

The roll over and play dead against the BJ's absolutely does not happen with him in the lineup. He threw with one of his own teammates in practice for heaven's sake.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:04 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
If I am right and Smith makes the team, it will be interesting to see what the validation does for him.

Moulson would be an incredible pickup, where is the rumour; Spector, Garrioch? I'd like to read more about it if there is anymore to it.

As for a defensive defenceman, I have come around on Stuart from the Jets. He should be available, and while being very limited (bottom pairing only), the guy chews nails, is very intense and a leader.

The roll over and play dead against the BJ's absolutely does not happen with him in the lineup. He threw with one of his own teammates in practice for heaven's sake.
Garrioch

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Big fan of Moulson as well. His production hasn't dropped off much since the trade to Buffalo. His name doesn't mesh with other 30 goal scorers, but his stat line does. Sounds like your typical Coyote.

He's a pending UFA with a 3.13M cap hit and 3.9M salary. IIRC, Buffalo has been willing to retain salary in deals. I think a 2nd, Moss, and a third piece (not sure what) could be workable.

Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
drgregg
millenials get off

Quote:
I believe his father passed away.
Thank you for the response.

I have searching away for an obit or any other information about this and have so far come up empty.

If true, Morris gets a lot of leash from me then.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:22 AM
drgregg
millenials get off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Big fan of Moulson as well. His production hasn't dropped off much since the trade to Buffalo. His name doesn't mesh with other 30 goal scorers, but his stat line does. Sounds like your typical Coyote.

He's a pending UFA with a 3.13M cap hit and 3.9M salary. IIRC, Buffalo has been willing to retain salary in deals. I think a 2nd, Moss, and a third piece (not sure what) could be workable.
Everything about this sounds good to me, give Maloney a call.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:29 AM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxonpups View Post
The Coyotes team bus is stuck in the mud, Vermette, Boedker, Klinkhammer, and Korpikoski are putting their shoulders into the pushing, Hanzal, Vrbata, Yandle, and Smith are distracted by trying to catch a different bus, Ribeiro and Halpern are just sitting in passenger seats, the GM has run off to beg for gas money, Tippet's behind the wheel trying to figure out why spinning the wheels isn't taking them anywhere, Chipchura and Moss are pushing in a different direction, Doan is laying under the bus yelling at everybody to put their backs into it, Biz is live streaming the whole thing, Murphy, Stone, Schlemko, and Klesla still think they're on an AHL Bus, Rundblad is desperately trying to work the emergency exit but it looks like Turris, Mueller, and Wheeler broke the handle off.
Amazing post. Send it to Tippett.

01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
What is hate on Chipchura lately he is not the cause of the problem he is a 4th liner . where are the top line players lately?
He's not doing the things that won him a spot on the team and endeared him to the fans to begin with. He's obviously your brother in law or your buddy from high school or maybe your parents billeted him in juniors or something, so I know this is personal for you. For us, we can be more objective. He has been fantastic for the Coyotes in the past when on the forecheck, and cycling the puck. He always worked his ass off every single shift and gave 100%. He's become totally invisible and ineffective the last 20-ish games. He's doing nothing. He used to pick his spots really well when dropping the gloves. Either to defend a teammate or provide a spark. He really was a great example of what you want in a middle weight fighter. He's lost that too. He did nothing after the OEL hit.

Basically, he's fallen asleep. He needs a wake up call. I'd try a healthy scratch answer if that works. If it doesn't, I'd waive him and see if that works. I'd it doesn't I'd actually assign him to the AHL. Seriously though, I'm a fan of his and I don't think I would get to that point. I think he'd wake up and start taking care of business again before we had to go the AHL route.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:
The Coyotes team bus is stuck in the mud, Vermette, Boedker, Klinkhammer, and Korpikoski are putting their shoulders into the pushing, Hanzal, Vrbata, Yandle, and Smith are distracted by trying to catch a different bus, Ribeiro and Halpern are just sitting in passenger seats, the GM has run off to beg for gas money, Tippet's behind the wheel trying to figure out why spinning the wheels isn't taking them anywhere, Chipchura and Moss are pushing in a different direction, Doan is laying under the bus yelling at everybody to put their backs into it, Biz is live streaming the whole thing, Murphy, Stone, Schlemko, and Klesla still think they're on an AHL Bus, Rundblad is desperately trying to work the emergency exit but it looks like Turris, Mueller, and Wheeler broke the handle off.
Best post in a looong time.

Longwayfromhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:24 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
the interview NHL tonight had with Shane Doan reveals he is indeed ticked off.
punny

_Del_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:34 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
The Smith contract is the kind of mistake that can get GM's fired.
No need to jump the gun. Smith has a lot of time to show us whether his contract is that bad, or just very silly.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post

I think the perfect "little shake up" would have been to start Greiss against Columbus and to keep playing him, so long as he performed well.... What say you?
I would have played Greiss, but maybe DT is giving Smith all the chance in the world to make team Canada. I expect Greiss to play much more in the second half.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
O23L
Doan 3:16

vCash: 560
Our team sucks. It has for the past 10 years. We have Tim ****ing Kennedy on our second line with a guy who put up 35 goals two years ago, and Dave ****ing Moss on our first line with a play making center.

We were successful the three recent playoff years, because of hard work, great defense, and stellar goaltending. We've been so lazy this year. Everyone (except a few guys) floats around in the offensive zone, and are basically worthless on the back check.

The defense is lazy as hell too. Except for Yandle, were TERRIBLE at holding the line. We've also been hit big time by the injury bug. Overall, the defense is okay, but they aren't playing anywhere close to how we thought OEL, Yandle, Morris, Z, Klesla, and Schlemko would. A lot of goals have also been given up due to stupid mistakes that no defenseman should make. Letting a guy stand backdoor while you stand in the slot covering nobody should never happen. Not tying up a forward when you're right next to him, allowing a tap-in goal, should never happen.

Finally, our goaltending was unreal. Bryzgalov played lights out under Tippett (until he cracked in the playoffs), and Smith was great with a chip on his shoulder. The "Phoenix's system makes goalies look better" line is a myth. Look at Bryz in the playoffs. Look at LOLbarbera for 4 years. Look at Mike Smith now. The goalies actually need to make saves, and have their head out of their ass.

/rant

O23L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's not doing the things that won him a spot on the team and endeared him to the fans to begin with. He's obviously your brother in law or your buddy from high school or maybe your parents billeted him in juniors or something, so I know this is personal for you. For us, we can be more objective. He has been fantastic for the Coyotes in the past when on the forecheck, and cycling the puck. He always worked his ass off every single shift and gave 100%. He's become totally invisible and ineffective the last 20-ish games. He's doing nothing. He used to pick his spots really well when dropping the gloves. Either to defend a teammate or provide a spark. He really was a great example of what you want in a middle weight fighter. He's lost that too. He did nothing after the OEL hit.

Basically, he's fallen asleep. He needs a wake up call. I'd try a healthy scratch answer if that works. If it doesn't, I'd waive him and see if that works. I'd it doesn't I'd actually assign him to the AHL. Seriously though, I'm a fan of his and I don't think I would get to that point. I think he'd wake up and start taking care of business again before we had to go the AHL route.
I agree with what you are saying. But instead of always picking on the third and fourth liners maybe DT should send a message and sit one of our so called leaders. Sitting Vrbata, Morris or a Ribeiro may send a better message or at least give them less minutes.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Fallenone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post

Yea, Maybe he could have scored a few goals? Along with posting a shutout?

Fallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Fallenone

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying. But instead of always picking on the third and fourth liners maybe DT should send a message and sit one of our so called leaders. Sitting Vrbata, Morris or a Ribeiro may send a better message or at least give them less minutes.
Couldn't agree with You more on this. No hustle. No pride. You Sit.

Fallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Fyreman
Ret FD Batt Chief

Quote:
Gawd, this is some funny stuff!! I wish I had half the imagination as you, thanks.

Fyreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
Although I think Murphy has been quite good for us, definitely better than Stone, Schlemko, Klesla, and the post family loss Morris.

Still a joke team. You have more wins than a team that also sucks. Kudos!
could you please expand on this? I am curious on why you think the Flyers are a joke exactly..

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I'm not sure where we stand compared to other teams and injuries. We can hope that the worst is behind us and that no longer is an excuse. The Blues have been able withstand the loss of Steen.

Seems like when one of our D-men goes down, he goes down early in the game and the 5 man rotation throws everything off.
I see what you are saying; but we are not exactly in the same league as the Blues in terms of forward depth.

They could put out a third line of Morrow-Roy-Stewart that can go toe to toe with some fringe team's 1st line.

Our lack of forward depth should not be used as an excuse by players to lack consistency. But our management has to realize that consistency by all players cannot be realistically counted on in today's NHL, you always have to have some depth and redundancy. We are not even talking about depth yet, since we can't really fill up all top-6 spots with productive players. At least one more winger is critical to us becoming a real contender, either this year or in the off-season; preferably two of them; so we can roll 3 lines that are threats.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote