HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): DeSean Released

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Avants cap hit is almost 4MM. He's gotta go.

Old
02-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 175
i would from the Eagles to move up and get Justin Gilbert

Old
02-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Hiesenberg

Dion Jordan already being floated around by MIA

Old
02-28-2014, 02:18 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Dion Jordan already being floated around by MIA
What happened with him last year? Weren't they playing him at DE whereas he is more suited for OLB.. If that was his problem then I would love to buy low.

Old
02-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Hiesenberg

Per Schefter, Maclin back for 1 yr

Old
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
What happened with him last year? Weren't they playing him at DE whereas he is more suited for OLB.. If that was his problem then I would love to buy low.
Yeah they played him at DE. He doesn't have enough bulk to play DE full time IMO. Would love to get him.

Old
02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Devastate

Quote:
If that's the case I can definitely deal with that

Old
02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Welcome back Mac. I can't wait to see what he can do in this offense. He needs to stay healthy but of he can then I'm very excited

Old
02-28-2014, 09:52 PM
FourthLineGoon

This isn't something that i would necessarily WANT to happen, but it is a thought that popped in my mind if they wanted to do something sneaky at the draft.

The Jets were poaching Maclin, right? They wanted him badly? Let's just say, at the draft, he's offered to them for a 1st or 2nd rounder if there's a receiver on the board that Chip desperately wants and the Jets are about to take. (let's face it - he would likely want to draft at least one big offensive piece. knowing his mindset, it would probably be bugging him to death.)

Again, not something that i'm hoping for, but it is a possibility.

Old
02-28-2014, 10:05 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADE EVERYONE PLZ View Post
This isn't something that i would necessarily WANT to happen, but it is a thought that popped in my mind if they wanted to do something sneaky at the draft.

The Jets were poaching Maclin, right? They wanted him badly? Let's just say, at the draft, he's offered to them for a 1st or 2nd rounder if there's a receiver on the board that Chip desperately wants and the Jets are about to take. (let's face it - he would likely want to draft at least one big offensive piece. knowing his mindset, it would probably be bugging him to death.)

Again, not something that i'm hoping for, but it is a possibility.
Wait. Like a sign and trade?

That will never happen. This isn't Madden.

Old
03-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Evidently he passed on a 5 year deal.
http://www.profootballrumors.com/jer...ong-term-deal/

Old
03-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Jtown

the eagles were trying to low ball him and get a multi year deal out of him similar to the cooper deal. Maclin is trying to have a big year this year and get a big contract. Should be intresting. WIth our offense if he stays healthy he will have a 1000 yard season for sure.

Old
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Wrubez

Out of curiosity to see what people think now that Maclin got signed...

Anyone think we could get a top 10 1st for Desean? Dude is starting to smell himself something serious now and I feel like there are teams out there that would overpay for a player of his caliber.

My thoughts are perhaps someone like Oakland or even better, St Louis, giving up their 1st for Djax (add maybe our 2nd to sweeten the pot if necessary). That would give u two 1sts in which u could a) draft someone like Sammy Watkins with the high pick and get BPA defense w/ the 22nd or b) draft someone like Clowney (if he would be there) or Anthony Barr with the high pick and grab like Marquise Lee or Kelvin Benjamin w/ the 22nd.

Would be sweet if this could happen but I don't know if those teams would give up a high pick for him.

Just have a feeling that the birds might try and deal him since they were first attempting to go 5 years w/ Maclin at a price that favored us more than him.

Would love to hear thoughts.

Old
03-01-2014, 07:55 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrubez View Post
Out of curiosity to see what people think now that Maclin got signed...

Anyone think we could get a top 10 1st for Desean? Dude is starting to smell himself something serious now and I feel like there are teams out there that would overpay for a player of his caliber.

My thoughts are perhaps someone like Oakland or even better, St Louis, giving up their 1st for Djax (add maybe our 2nd to sweeten the pot if necessary). That would give u two 1sts in which u could a) draft someone like Sammy Watkins with the high pick and get BPA defense w/ the 22nd or b) draft someone like Clowney (if he would be there) or Anthony Barr with the high pick and grab like Marquise Lee or Kelvin Benjamin w/ the 22nd.

Would be sweet if this could happen but I don't know if those teams would give up a high pick for him.

Just have a feeling that the birds might try and deal him since they were first attempting to go 5 years w/ Maclin at a price that favored us more than him.

Would love to hear thoughts.
I don't think Desean would fetch any pick in the top 10. I'd say we could easily trade him to NYJ for their first and their second as well.

Although I would love to get another good first round pick if we trade Jackson we are putting all our chips in on Maclin, to hope he becomes a top notch receiver like he was before his injuries. I think that is too big of a risk.

Old
03-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Wrubez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
I don't think Desean would fetch any pick in the top 10. I'd say we could easily trade him to NYJ for their first and their second as well.

Although I would love to get another good first round pick if we trade Jackson we are putting all our chips in on Maclin, to hope he becomes a top notch receiver like he was before his injuries. I think that is too big of a risk.
Oh no doubt. That's why I would put an extremely high asking price for Jackson, if at all. All it takes is one bite (albeit the chances of that bite are slim to none).

Count me among those that would think it to be insane if someone gave up a high first for DJax but hey, stranger things...

My only point was if you did acquire a high enough pick to get, say, Watkins, I think that would more than justify the trade. If Watkins is as good as the hype, you would have a true "do-it-all" #1 WR for years to come. Djax game is built on speed and as we all know, speed only lasts so long so why not entertain the idea ya know?

Wishful thinking of course though. A wideout hadn't been picked as high as Watkins is projected since Megatron so that's where I'm coming from

Old
03-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Jtown

Getting rid of Djax now might be a wise move. I Think the eagles believe that they can get a wr of quality in the first round of this draft which would make djax disposable. This draft is loaded at WR.

He has more value than Percy Harvin, but he is older and more expensive. So i think the value evens out to a late first rounder. Maybe San Fran , Maybe KC?

Old
03-02-2014, 09:54 AM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrubez View Post
Oh no doubt. That's why I would put an extremely high asking price for Jackson, if at all. All it takes is one bite (albeit the chances of that bite are slim to none).

Count me among those that would think it to be insane if someone gave up a high first for DJax but hey, stranger things...

My only point was if you did acquire a high enough pick to get, say, Watkins, I think that would more than justify the trade. If Watkins is as good as the hype, you would have a true "do-it-all" #1 WR for years to come. Djax game is built on speed and as we all know, speed only lasts so long so why not entertain the idea ya know?

Wishful thinking of course though. A wideout hadn't been picked as high as Watkins is projected since Megatron so that's where I'm coming from
Watkins will no doubt be a top 10 pick. Some mocks even have him going #2 and there is no chance he falls outside the top 10. There is absolutely no chance we get him with our current pick or a Jackson trade. The best I see us getting for Jackson would be 18th pick + a 2nd rounder. Then if Watkins slips to the 7th pick, we maybe could trade up to get him. But, it is obvious we need defensive help, not offensive. It is not that I am against pick a WR as long as our defensive needs are also answered.

Old
03-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Wrubez

Quote:
Watkins will no doubt be a top 10 pick. Some mocks even have him going #2 and there is no chance he falls outside the top 10. There is absolutely no chance we get him with our current pick or a Jackson trade. The best I see us getting for Jackson would be 18th pick + a 2nd rounder. Then if Watkins slips to the 7th pick, we maybe could trade up to get him. But, it is obvious we need defensive help, not offensive. It is not that I am against pick a WR as long as our defensive needs are also answered.
Absolutely. I have been saying this all along that Defense needs to be our 100% primary focus.

I was just commenting on the fact that it's sounding more and more likely (from radio, media, etc) that the birds are going to get one of the WR's at 22, esp since Howie is sticking to his BPA philosophy (which isn't a bad thing at all).

And like I said, was just toying with the above idea. It's pretty much certain not to happen that way. I just wish that should he be available, Howie realizes that not all FA will end up like Nnamdi and make a hard push for TJ Ward. Lots of sources say that it's highly unlikely to happen though even if he's released.

But then you have more options in the draft. Hope that Calvin Pryor is there at 22 but I doubt it, esp bc the drop off in safety is pretty significant after Ha Ha CD and Pryor. Pryor and Ward would be a sweet, hard hitting combo.

If Ward isn't available and/or Howie doesn't make a serious push, then I wouldn't mind to see Donte Whitner in eagles green next year

You would still need that center fielder though...doubt Earl Wolff can fill that void. God I miss Dawkins lol

Old
03-02-2014, 10:32 AM
zarley zelepukin

I don't think Desean would get back a top 10 pick in any draft really, but especially not one that's supposed to be so deep in WRs. Why would a team in position to draft a stud WR give that up for an older, higher paid WR? It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles looked for teams to trade him to, but I can't see getting back a pick that high.

Old
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
FLYguy3911

You'd be lucky to get a top 45 pick for Desean, let alone a top 10

Old
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Jray42

If we could get a first round pick for Desean, I'd do backflips. Hell, I'd trade Desean for a top 2nd rounder, in the 33-38 range, maybe plus another later pick.

I'm not claiming to have any knowledge of the players in this draft whatsoever, but from what I've read, I really want to trade up and get Calvin Pryor, but if not, then Clinton-Dix.

Old
03-02-2014, 03:42 PM
The Dream
User Registered

I seriously think NYJ would jump at the chance to get Desean. They are actually a pretty good team, they just need some talent on the outside, which they completely lack. It would not surprise me if the Eagles trade Desean to NYJ for their 1st round pick. We should be able to get one of Clinton-Dix or Pryor, then we could draft BPA.

Old
03-02-2014, 04:02 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I seriously think NYJ would jump at the chance to get Desean. They are actually a pretty good team, they just need some talent on the outside, which they completely lack. It would not surprise me if the Eagles trade Desean to NYJ for their 1st round pick. We should be able to get one of Clinton-Dix or Pryor, then we could draft BPA.
Would be foolish for the Jets.

Old
03-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
True, but one can dream!

Djax to NYJ for 18th overall (not going to happen but w/e)
54th overall + what? for Dion Jordan
Draft Clinton-Dix or Pryor at 18, draft Defensive/WR BPA at 22, and bam.

Jordan + Pryor/Haha + player at 22

Theres my pipe dream

Old
03-02-2014, 06:09 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Not totally. Seeing as though their defense is very good, and frankly, getting a lot older. I think they are in a win now mentality, so although it would probably hurt them 2-3 years from now, if they are serious about contending this year, it would not surprise me if the Eagles and Jets made a deal like I mentioned in my previous post.

Closed Thread