HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): DeSean Released

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Phileeguy
Scoring Decision?

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if they re-structured his deal/got him a new contract. I just think they should wait a year, and I hope DeSean tolerates that. He might be a bit childish/diva-ish at times, but most WRs are, and IMO he isn't as bad as TO was. Not to mention, Banner is no longer part of this equation so there might be some good-will in that department.

I also say wait a year because as much as I'm buying into Chip, he could still be a flash in the pan if the league figures him out and he can't adjust (which I don't think will happen). Plus, I want to see if D-Jack will respond by playing hard next season, instead of going into the shell he went into before he got his new deal last time.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:07 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Honestly we should just restructure the deal to keep him happy. He has been worth the money. And we really don't need the headache that it could cause. I'm hoping we can resign maclin on a 1 year team friendly deal to show he can come back from his injury. If he comes back healthy we could have a deadly receiving core.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Hiesenberg

His cap hit is 12.5M, if they can restructure where he gets more guaranteed money and they get a lower cap hit, they'll do it very quickly.

Old
01-06-2014, 02:12 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

I think this teams biggest needs is a physical shutdown safety or corner. Who's the best guy in the draft that's a realistic option for us to grab in the 1st round?

Old
01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I think this teams biggest needs is a physical shutdown safety or corner. Who's the best guy in the draft that's a realistic option for us to grab in the 1st round?
A lot of people are saying Clinton-Dix

01-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

FSU/Auburn, who ya got?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
FSU/Auburn, who ya got?
Auburn 26
FSU 13

Old
01-06-2014, 02:34 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
FSU 28, Auburn 17

Auburn had to get so lucky just to be in this game. Granted Auburn's schedule was more difficult than FSU's schedule, but FSU didn't even come close to having a close call. They are allowing fewer than two touchdowns per game on average and scoring like 9 touchdowns per game on average. Meanwhile, Auburn beat Bama, A&M, Georgia, and MSU with last minute TDs, two of which were of the miracle variety (UGA and Bama). Auburn has a great offense, especially the running game, but I think FSU is going to be too much on both sides of the ball.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:32 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Auburn 26
FSU 13
If Auburn holds FSU to 13, Winston got hurt in the first quarter or Ellis Johnson is the coach of the year. I think it will be an under, but I can't see FSU only scoring 13.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:33 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If Auburn holds FSU to 13, Winston got hurt in the first quarter or Ellis Johnson is the coach of the year. I think it will be an under, but I can't see FSU only scoring 13.
How dare you disagree with my totally arbitrary and unfounded score prediction

Old
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they re-structured his deal/got him a new contract. I just think they should wait a year, and I hope DeSean tolerates that. He might be a bit childish/diva-ish at times, but most WRs are, and IMO he isn't as bad as TO was. Not to mention, Banner is no longer part of this equation so there might be some good-will in that department.

I also say wait a year because as much as I'm buying into Chip, he could still be a flash in the pan if the league figures him out and he can't adjust (which I don't think will happen). Plus, I want to see if D-Jack will respond by playing hard next season, instead of going into the shell he went into before he got his new deal last time.
He's not as big of a diva as TO because he's not as good as TO.

Jackson is a nice player, but he's replaceable.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:56 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post

I agree. The difference is TO could be acting way worse than Jackson and I'd give him what he wanted. TO was a tremendous player.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:

By whom? Certainly no one currently on the team. Free agency would be what Golden Tate? I wouldn't say he is as good as Jackson. The draft? Maybe if you get Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans, but even that isn't a lock. Jackson is not on the same level as the top tier guys, but he's still better than what's out there, and by a pretty good amount I'd say too.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Phileeguy
Scoring Decision?

Quote:

I wouldn't say he's replaceable. He's no Megatron/Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson etc., but when he's serious about playing and healthy, he's arguably a top 15 WR. His slight build is a detriment, but he is a threat.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
I wouldn't say he's replaceable. He's no Megatron/Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson etc., but when he's serious about playing and healthy, he's arguably a top 15 WR. His slight build is a detriment, but he is a threat.
Especially in this type of offense where speed is key. I'd take Jackson over a lot of WRs out there when considering the type of offense that Chip wants to run.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:34 PM
sa cyred
Trying to Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
By whom? Certainly no one currently on the team. Free agency would be what Golden Tate? I wouldn't say he is as good as Jackson. The draft? Maybe if you get Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans, but even that isn't a lock. Jackson is not on the same level as the top tier guys, but he's still better than what's out there, and by a pretty good amount I'd say too.
Watkins and Evans are two guys I would look at if they dropped (Watkins the most). HIGHLY doubt they drop though. Wouldnt be surprised if Watkins is taken in the top 10 (Bucs, Bills, or Lions).

That being said, Jackson is starting to become REALLY annoying with this ****.

Old
01-06-2014, 06:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Watkins and Evans are two guys I would look at if they dropped (Watkins the most). HIGHLY doubt they drop though. Wouldnt be surprised if Watkins is taken in the top 10 (Bucs, Bills, or Lions).

That being said, Jackson is starting to become REALLY annoying with this ****.
Watkins falling a bit may have been a possibility until he faced OSU's weak *** secondary in the Orange Bowl.

I'm surprised Bradley Roby is still getting first round consideration after this year. He's gotten torched by every big time receiver he went up against this year.

Old
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Watkins falling a bit may have been a possibility until he faced OSU's weak *** secondary in the Orange Bowl.

I'm surprised Bradley Roby is still getting first round consideration after this year. He's gotten torched by every big time receiver he went up against this year.
Roby is falling quickly.

Old
01-06-2014, 10:26 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Quote:
Foles doesn't have the arm to fully utilize Jackson, which makes him more replaceable than when McNabb/Vick where the starters. All Jackson really is with Foles running the show is a fast guy that stretches the field, essentially performing a Pinkston roll. Jackson obviously has more talent than Pinkston, but he can't show it unless he's got a QB that can throw a 65-70 yard bomb.

I'd much rather give Foles receivers that play to his strengths than keep a player like Jackson; being open 60 yards down the field won't help much when the ball never gets there...

I'm not knocking Jackson, I think he's a nice player to have, but he's not good enough to get away with diva BS.

Just my opinion.

Old
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Wintson & FSU is getting humbled by Auburn. I'm kind of surprised to be honest, I didn't think Auburn would still have a horse shoe up its ***.

Old
01-06-2014, 11:36 PM
4thline4life

Yeah Jackson is such a game changer that he was a complete non factor until the saints best corner got hurt. In fact, every time he plays a decent corner he gets shut down. Just look at his splits this year, he torched teams with no secondary...big deal. Jackson is not worth a huge contract. Much rather trade him for a mid-late first and draft a wr.

Old
01-06-2014, 11:41 PM
4thline4life

Quote:
He's a top ten receiver against teams with horrible secondaries. Good corners own jackson, always have and always will.

Old
01-07-2014, 12:16 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
decent game...

Old
01-07-2014, 03:50 AM
ADifferentTim
Knowledgeable & Pure

While I'm sad the Aints clipped the Eagles, at least I'm happy at the fact the Cowboys didn't make it to the playoffs and proved to me this mathematical inequality, "215 > 214" beyond mathematics.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:58 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Well, Jackson "clarified" his comments about deserving a new contract. Seems like the media just stirring up crap, or being irresponsible by reporting info they received through word of mouth.

The media made it seem like he was at his locker talking about a new contract like some crazy person screaming about the end being near; but, it seems like he was directly asked about the contract. If that's the case then he handled the situation pretty well.

Closed Thread