HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): DeSean Released

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Well, Jackson "clarified" his comments about deserving a new contract. Seems like the media just stirring up crap, or being irresponsible by reporting info they received through word of mouth.

The media made it seem like he was at his locker talking about a new contract like some crazy person screaming about the end being near; but, it seems like he was directly asked about the contract. If that's the case then he handled the situation pretty well.
Handled it well? If he handled it well he would have said exactly what he said in his "clarification", not what his quotes state. If he was directly asked about his contract you say how that doesn't matter right now. That would be handling it well.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Handled it well? If he handled it well he would have said exactly what he said in his "clarification", not what his quotes state. If he was directly asked about his contract you say how that doesn't matter right now. That would be handling it well.
Yes, handled it well. Big difference between:

1) Jackson standing at his locker, spouting off about a new contract when it's not even the topic being discussed.

2) Jackson responding with, "yea, I think I deserve a new contract. We will see how it goes." when he is directly asked about his thoughts on a new contract by the media.

According to Jackson, who I believe more than the media in Philly, number 2 was the context. The guy thinking he deserves more money is the same feeling any person has when asked if they should be paid more for what they do, of course they want more. But it doesn't seem he presented the issue, and it doesn't seem that he was obnoxious about it.

Old
01-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Phileeguy
*sigh*

Quote:
Foles doesn't have the arm to fully utilize Jackson, which makes him more replaceable than when McNabb/Vick where the starters. All Jackson really is with Foles running the show is a fast guy that stretches the field, essentially performing a Pinkston roll. Jackson obviously has more talent than Pinkston, but he can't show it unless he's got a QB that can throw a 65-70 yard bomb.

I'd much rather give Foles receivers that play to his strengths than keep a player like Jackson; being open 60 yards down the field won't help much when the ball never gets there...

I'm not knocking Jackson, I think he's a nice player to have, but he's not good enough to get away with diva BS.

Just my opinion.
That sounds more like a Foles problem than a Jackson problem. If you think that building around your franchise QB and playing to his strengths is the best route (and it is) and Jackson isn't an optimal threat in this scenario, then his replaceability factor goes up. It doesn't mean on his own he's replaceable. If that's what you're getting at, I understand your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
He's a top ten receiver against teams with horrible secondaries. Good corners own jackson, always have and always will.
Good corners are good corners for a reason, they often shut down receivers. But this is also where DeSean's size is a liability. Often he's going up against good corners that are also bigger than him which is a problem if he can't get separation. This is where I think he could be a bit crisper on his route running if he's running something other than a go route.

DeSean also draws double teams often. There's a reason why Cooper had his best year this year besides just playing in Kelly's system and being the #2, many times he was just single covered with safety help often shaded towards Jackson.

Old
01-07-2014, 01:31 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
That sounds more like a Foles problem than a Jackson problem. If you think that building around your franchise QB and playing to his strengths is the best route (and it is) and Jackson isn't an optimal threat in this scenario, then his replaceability factor goes up. It doesn't mean on his own he's replaceable. If that's what you're getting at, I understand your point.

Good corners are good corners for a reason, they often shut down receivers. But this is also where DeSean's size is a liability. Often he's going up against good corners that are also bigger than him which is a problem if he can't get separation. This is where I think he could be a bit crisper on his route running if he's running something other than a go route.

DeSean also draws double teams often. There's a reason why Cooper had his best year this year besides just playing in Kelly's system and being the #2, many times he was just single covered with safety help often shaded towards Jackson.
Which is why this team needs a big, tall, jump ball threat who can be a #1 target, leaving Jackson to be able to breakaway from man coverage as a #1b or #2 receiver.

There might be a chance that Houston would be willing to let Johnson go, seeing as they'll likely enter a full rebuild. Might be something to look at.

Old
01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Which is why this team needs a big, tall, jump ball threat who can be a #1 target, leaving Jackson to be able to breakaway from man coverage as a #1b or #2 receiver.

There might be a chance that Houston would be willing to let Johnson go, seeing as they'll likely enter a full rebuild. Might be something to look at.
He's old....

Old
01-07-2014, 03:39 PM
flyersguy33*

Don't re-sign Maclin and draft Watkins.

Old
01-07-2014, 04:24 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Waffles View Post
Don't re-sign Maclin and draft Watkins.
We already drafted Watkins. Didn't work out.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:06 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
That sounds more like a Foles problem than a Jackson problem. If you think that building around your franchise QB and playing to his strengths is the best route (and it is) and Jackson isn't an optimal threat in this scenario, then his replaceability factor goes up. It doesn't mean on his own he's replaceable. If that's what you're getting at, I understand.
That's what I'm getting at. I don't think its a problem for Foles, it's just how the guy plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
We already drafted Watkins. Didn't work out.
My nomination for Eagles worst draft pick ever... Terrible. ESPN didn't even have game film on him to show after he was picked, FFS...

Old
01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Jtown

Quote:
That's what I'm getting at. I don't think its a problem for Foles, it's just how the guy plays

My nomination for Eagles worst draft pick ever... Terrible. ESPN didn't even have game film on him to show after he was picked, FFS...
Watkins was projected to be a first rounder and was condered the most nfl ready olineman. He was projected to be a logan mankins. He wasn't a reach just didnt pan out.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:19 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Watkins was projected to be a first rounder and was condered the most nfl ready olineman. He was projected to be a logan mankins. He wasn't a reach just didnt pan out.
Maybe he was projected that way because he was the oldest person drafted in the 1st round since 1980. He was 26 when we drafted him....it just seemed like an awful pick from the start.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:33 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I couldn't care less what the projections were. The guy had limited football experience and was 26 years old.

The Watkins pick is absolutely indefensible

Old
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
I couldn't care less what the projections were. The guy had limited football experience and was 26 years old.

The Watkins pick is absolutely indefensible
Yeah. Many people hated the pick from the start. You don't draft an overaged, inexperienced, firefighter in the first round. Somehow Reid and company didn't know that.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Yeah. Many people hated the pick from the start. You don't draft an overaged, inexperienced, firefighter in the first round. Somehow Reid and company didn't know that.
He was busy promoting Juan Castillo to D coordinator.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Phileeguy
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
You also don't take your offensive line coach of forever and make him the defensive coordinator. There were a lot of head-scratchers the last few years of Reid's tenure.

E: I see SCBB beat me to it.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Apparently footage of Aaron Hernandez circling a night club in his car before that drive by which resulted in double murder has come to the surface.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Hiesenberg

Thats what 3 or 4 murders he may be tried for?

Old
01-08-2014, 12:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Thats what 3 or 4 murders he may be tried for?
Three that we know of, I think he tried to kill a guy when he was Florida as well.

Old
01-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Woot! Just found out i'll be going to the Super Bowl. Third one I've been to and both times the Colts have been it it. So bet on them to win the AFC while you still can.

Old
01-08-2014, 01:09 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Aaron Hernandez seems like a real jerk

01-11-2014, 04:13 PM
FLYguy3911

Watching the Seahawks is depressing. Earl Thomas is so good.

Old
01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

You guys see this yet, lol

Old
01-11-2014, 06:45 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

What an absolute idiotic play by Colston. Why didn't he just get outta bounds?

Old
01-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

These CBS announcers are awful.

The punter tried to make a very intelligent play. If he gets off an incomplete pass there, the ball is placed back at the 40 or so? If he fumbles it through the endzone, its a safety. If he just falls on the ball, its Colts ball at the 1.... a likely touchdown.

Seriously, how are some of these people employed?

Old
01-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
These CBS announcers are awful.

The punter tried to make a very intelligent play. If he gets off an incomplete pass there, the ball is placed back at the 40 or so? If he fumbles it through the endzone, its a safety. If he just falls on the ball, its Colts ball at the 1.... a likely touchdown.

Seriously, how are some of these people employed?
Dierdorf has always been an idiot. Thankfully he is retiring after this season.

Old
01-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

No wonder MeSean wants more money:

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/11/de...ary/?eref=sihp

Quote:
Philadelphia Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson reportedly lost more than $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry and two semi-automatic hand guns when his Philadelphia home was burglarized, according to FOX 29 in Philly.

Closed Thread