HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NJ/Wpg

Old
01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
NJ/Wpg

As a fan of the Jets and Cory Schneider , I proposebecause they don"t use Cory like they should)

Schneider, Larson(who they don't seem to want)although I think he will be a beast for Pavelich, Petan, Morrisey, and our 2nd next year.

Am I close?

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:15 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
As a fan of the Jets and Cory Schneider , I proposebecause they don"t use Cory like they should)

Schneider, Larson(who they don't seem to want)although I think he will be a beast for Pavelich, Petan, Morrisey, and our 2nd next year.

Am I close?
Who is Pavelich? And we'd have no interest in Morrisey...we have too many defensemen as it is.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:17 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Who is Pavelich? And we'd have no interest in Morrisey...we have too many defensemen as it is.
I thought maybe since you were giving Larson you would want another very good prospect D., and Morrisey is one of the best.

9000 posts and you don't know who Pavelich is?

Old
01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
I thought maybe since you were giving Larson you would want another very good prospect D.

9000 posts and you don't know who Pavelich is?
Well we wouldn't be trading Schneider AND Larsson for what your offering first of all and second, instead of making a comment about my post count, how about answering my question.

I see a Pavelec on the Jets Roster, a fine goaltender, but I see no Pavelich on the main roster or prospect roster listed on the Jets website...

Old
01-05-2014, 05:27 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Well we wouldn't be trading Schneider AND Larsson for what your offering first of all and second, instead of making a comment about my post count, how about answering my question.

I see a Pavelec on the Jets Roster, a fine goaltender, but I see no Pavelich on the main roster or prospect roster listed on the Jets website...
I understand you now

I spelt Larson wrong too, but you didn't seem to mention that.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:29 PM
JCLiponfanboy*

I don't want to give up Petan and Morrissey this early

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
If you want Cory, Evander better be in the deal

I wouldnt do Evander Kane for Cory + Larsson alone though

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:34 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
If you want Cory, Evander better be in the deal

I wouldnt do Evander Kane for Cory + Larsson alone though
I can see that also, but then Petan and Morrisey stay.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
I can see that also, but then Petan and Morrisey stay.
Oh I know. They are really good prospects.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:36 PM
almostawake

Stupid trade for the Jets and bad value for the Devils.

The Jets have spent the last three drafts trying to replenish an essentially empty farm system and this trade has them moving two very good prospects and a future pick (which incidentally they don't even have due to the Setoguchi trade).

And what they get in return isn't really what they should be looking for anyways. They could certainly use an upgrade in goal but because Schneider was traded so recently (and for a huge cost) the Jets can get a worse goalie that is still an upgrade on Pavelec for a much lower price. Larsson is a guy the Jets simply do not need. He still has a tonne of potential but the Jets have three RH defencemen better than him so there is absolutely no point for the Jets to pay a high price for him.

For the Devils, it is just bad value. A bunch of futures for a pair of guys that are their younger core guys anyways.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:36 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium View Post
I don't want to give up Petan and Morrissey this early
I don't either, but Scneider and Larsson would really help our team and they are young also.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
I understand you now

I spelt Larson wrong too, but you didn't seem to mention that.
You spelt his name completely different. I had a feeling that's who you meant but really you're spelling is quite off and I don't even pronounce his name how you spelt it so, mistakes all around.

And sorry, was still kind of distracted at how you wanted our goaltender and our 21 year old defenseman for 2 players drafted this year and your own goaltender.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Stupid trade for the Jets and bad value for the Devils.

The Jets have spent the last three drafts trying to replenish an essentially empty farm system and this trade has them moving two very good prospects and a future pick (which incidentally they don't even have due to the Setoguchi trade).

And what they get in return isn't really what they should be looking for anyways. They could certainly use an upgrade in goal but because Schneider was traded so recently (and for a huge cost) the Jets can get a worse goalie that is still an upgrade on Pavelec for a much lower price. Larsson is a guy the Jets simply do not need. He still has a tonne of potential but the Jets have three RH defencemen better than him so there is absolutely no point for the Jets to pay a high price for him.

For the Devils, it is just bad value. A bunch of futures for a pair of guys that are their younger core guys anyways.
I understand what you are saying, but why would the Jets want a worse goalie. I'm also hoping the Jets can trade Buff for a top 6 winger. NJ is also in trouble of losing Schneider to UFA if they keep doing what they are to him.As to the second, we would have to add.
Larrson is healthy and sitting in the press box.(I confess I think this kid will be a beast with the right team). I feel NJ has neutered him.

Last edited by aqsw: 01-05-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old
01-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but why would the Jets want a worse goalie. I'm also hoping the Jets can trade Buff for a top 6 winger. NJ is also in trouble of losing Schneider to UFA if they keep doing what they are to him.As to the second, we would have to add.
Larrson is healthy and sitting in the press box.(I confess I think this kid will be a beast with the right team)
He has been on IR for a month now

Old
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
He has been on IR for a month now
He stated he's ready to go, just waiting on the coaches decision.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:53 PM
HenriqueItsOver
7.5%

What drugs were you on when you proposed this? Cory and Larsson...and Evander Kanes name is not even in the proposal?

Use your head bud

HenriqueItsOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
He stated he's ready to go, just waiting on the coaches decision.
He said that yesterday...... You dont think he should get a little bit of conditioning in ?

Old
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Larrson is healthy and sitting in the press box.
Why? Because Schneider is way too expensive. Over the course of this season there will be at least 2 or 3 goaltenders with legit starter potential (and potential to be long term upgrades on Pavelec) that will be available for a 2nd round pick +/- a decent prospect. And all of those guys will be on better contracts and younger than Schneider.

Schneider is simply overkill given the Jets needs at this point in time.

As far as Schneider potentially going to UFA goes, I think that is ridiculous, but if it correct the Jets would be way better off trying to sign him in the summer of 2015 than coughing up huge assets now to get him now.

As far as Larsson goes, he simply is not needed. For a team that has space on the right side and would be willing to put time and effort into bringing him along slowly he is a great pick up. To the Jets who already have Bogosian, Trouba, and Byfuglien, he is a luxury that they're simply not in a position to pay the going rate for.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
JCLiponfanboy*

So an amazing tandem of Pavelec and Frazee/Wedgewood going forward.

Old
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium View Post
So an amazing tandem of Pavelec and Frazee/Wedgewood going forward.
Frazee plays in Italy.

maybe you are thinking of Keith Kinkaid (who is actually doing pretty awesome in the AHL)

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriqueItsOver View Post
What drugs were you on when you proposed this? Cory and Larsson...and Evander Kanes name is not even in the proposal?

Use your head bud
So , two guys that don't play for Morrisey, Petan, Pavelic, plus. won't get it done. I also stated Kane could be involved but then you lose the prospects BUD/

Old
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
JCLiponfanboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Frazee plays in Italy.

maybe you are thinking of Keith Kinkaid (who is actually doing pretty awesome in the AHL)
Yup I knew you had Frazee a few years ago so I put him in. Still my point stands

Old
01-05-2014, 06:00 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
So , two guys that don't play for Morrisey, Petan, Pavelic, plus. won't get it done. I also stated Kane could be involved but then you lose the prospects BUD/
"two guys that don't play" Really showing your knowledge about the Devils there.

Yea, really, trading our starting goaltender, despite how terribly he's being played and our 21 year old defenseman for a worse goalie, two 18-year olds, and a 2nd.

What exactly is appealing about that to a team in a fierce playoff race?

Old
01-05-2014, 06:00 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Why? Because Schneider is way too expensive. Over the course of this season there will be at least 2 or 3 goaltenders with legit starter potential (and potential to be long term upgrades on Pavelec) that will be available for a 2nd round pick +/- a decent prospect. And all of those guys will be on better contracts and younger than Schneider.

Schneider is simply overkill given the Jets needs at this point in time.

As far as Schneider potentially going to UFA goes, I think that is ridiculous, but if it correct the Jets would be way better off trying to sign him in the summer of 2015 than coughing up huge assets now to get him now.

As far as Larsson goes, he simply is not needed. For a team that has space on the right side and would be willing to put time and effort into bringing him along slowly he is a great pick up. To the Jets who already have Bogosian, Trouba, and Byfuglien, he is a luxury that they're simply not in a position to pay the going rate for.
Fair enough, maybe Chipman (Thomson)will release the purse strings on Schneider next year.

Old
01-05-2014, 06:06 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
"two guys that don't play" Really showing your knowledge about the Devils there.

Yea, really, trading our starting goaltender, despite how terribly he's being played and our 21 year old defenseman for a worse goalie, two 18-year olds, and a 2nd.

What exactly is appealing about that to a team in a fierce playoff race?
Actually I watch the devils alot and am appalled by the way they have handled Larrson and Schneider. Thats one of the reasons this thread was started.
The two 18 year olds are not exactly rubbish. I would personally add more, but the Jets fans here would kill me.