HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Yankee Stadium Ranger Games - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2014, 01:16 AM
  #701
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
I keep hearing about how much of a success the Stadium Series has been so far for the NHL. Even after many people had a negative outlook on how the Stadium Series was unfolding in NY it ended up taking people by surprise and it was mostly a huge success. That's great! ...but over the past few days I am seeing people suggest that it is possible for the NHL to bring an outdoor game to NY as early as next year! Of course I don't think NHL sources are saying these things- but how this can be considered a rational idea is alarming to me.

I think they have maxed out what this market is willing to support with the two games. If they do plan on coming back with an outdoor game I feel it would be a terrible business decision if they let it happen within the next 2 seasons.
Next year seems pretty soon...but if they had only one game and it was Devils/Isles or maybe bring the Sabres in perhaps it could work. I know I wouldn't be buying tickets from ticketmaster again...but there's a new fool born every minute. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:22 AM
  #702
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Next year seems pretty soon...but if they had only one game and it was Devils/Isles or maybe bring the Sabres in perhaps it could work. I know I wouldn't be buying tickets from ticketmaster again...but there's a new fool born every minute. lol
Devils/Isles would be a disaster, as would anything involving the Sabres. My idea would be to have it every year, alternate Rangers-Isles, Rangers-Devils. Even rotate the Stadiums, between Yankee, Shea, Giants.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:24 AM
  #703
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts88 View Post
Sorry if this was covered already, but is there anywhere to buy a dual ticket frame for the stadium series? I want one frame to fit my two tickets into with a photo, everywhere I go only sells one frame for each game.
You could probably go to Michaels and order a custom matte.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:25 AM
  #704
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
I keep hearing about how much of a success the Stadium Series has been so far for the NHL. Even after many people had a negative outlook on how the Stadium Series was unfolding in NY it ended up taking people by surprise and it was mostly a huge success. That's great! ...but over the past few days I am seeing people suggest that it is possible for the NHL to bring an outdoor game to NY as early as next year! Of course I don't think NHL sources are saying these things- but how this can be considered a rational idea is alarming to me.

I think they have maxed out what this market is willing to support with the two games. If they do plan on coming back with an outdoor game I feel it would be a terrible business decision if they let it happen within the next 2 seasons.
I disagree completely. If they have just one game, on a weekend, it would do very well.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:18 AM
  #705
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Rumor us the Islanders want 1 outdoor home game each year at Shea or Yankee Stadium....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:03 PM
  #706
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Rumor us the Islanders want 1 outdoor home game each year at Shea or Yankee Stadium....
The Islanders will do anything to play less games at the coliseum.

I would like too see a game at Citi-field next season. It would be a great thing for The Islanders & Hockey.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
  #707
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Rumor us the Islanders want 1 outdoor home game each year at Shea or Yankee Stadium....
The Islanders didn't support the game last Wednesday and they don't deserve another chance. It is so obvious that the NHL wants the Rangers involved so I guess they will have to be the road team if they do it again. I would be shocked if the Islanders played any team outdoors other than the Rangers or Devils while the NHL is dying for a Rangers/Bruins game outdoors in NYC

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:31 PM
  #708
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Rumor us the Islanders want 1 outdoor home game each year at Shea or Yankee Stadium....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The Islanders will do anything to play less games at the coliseum.

I would like too see a game at Citi-field next season. It would be a great thing for The Islanders & Hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
The Islanders didn't support the game last Wednesday and they don't deserve another chance. It is so obvious that the NHL wants the Rangers involved so I guess they will have to be the road team if they do it again. I would be shocked if the Islanders played any team outdoors other than the Rangers or Devils while the NHL is dying for a Rangers/Bruins game outdoors in NYC

Yeah, the Isles did such a bang up job selling their tickets the NHL had to hand them out like candy to get the seats filled. Sure, give them more outdoor games. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 01:46 PM
  #709
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, the Isles did such a bang up job selling their tickets the NHL had to hand them out like candy to get the seats filled. Sure, give them more outdoor games. lol
It's not about rewarding the Icelanders... It's about circumventing the Rangers tax issue by having them the away team in their own market...

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
  #710
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
It's not about rewarding the Icelanders... It's about circumventing the Rangers tax issue by having them the away team in their own market...
That's fine, but do the Rangers really need to play an outdoor game every year or even every other year in the NY market when there are only going to be 8 or 10 teams playing outside each season? Let the Rangers play against the Caps at FedEx field in 2016. That game would sell out, no?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
  #711
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, the Isles did such a bang up job selling their tickets the NHL had to hand them out like candy to get the seats filled. Sure, give them more outdoor games. lol
Is that true? I had no idea. I thought that was a hot ticket for both fan bases.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
  #712
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Is that true? I had no idea. I thought that was a hot ticket for both fan bases.
It was 90% Ranger fans at the game. The NHL wanted 50/50, thats why they gave each team access to a certain number of tickets.

The Devils fans did a much better job of supporting the game.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions
2014-2015 Metropolitan Division Champions
NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:03 PM
  #713
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's fine, but do the Rangers really need to play an outdoor game every year or even every other year in the NY market when there are only going to be 8 or 10 teams playing outside each season? Let the Rangers play against the Caps at FedEx field in 2016. That game would sell out, no?
I would go to that.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:08 PM
  #714
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts88 View Post
It was 90% Ranger fans at the game. The NHL wanted 50/50, thats why they gave each team access to a certain number of tickets.

The Devils fans did a much better job of supporting the game.
Thinking about it now that makes sense. I know several people whom are Rangers fan's that went through the Islanders to get tickets to the game. I wasn't at the night game so I couldn't say what the ratio was. From what I could see at the Sunday game I thought the Devils were well represented, until the wheels fell off the wagon for them.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:47 PM
  #715
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Is that true? I had no idea. I thought that was a hot ticket for both fan bases.
The Islanders gave out over 6000 free tickets starting Monday night. I heard the number might have been as high as 7000 tickets. These were the same tickets that the NHL was selling for$179-$229 not cheap seats. Each team was given an allotment of 20,000 seats to sell as a minimum and the Rangers sold upwards of 24,000 tickets while the Islanders sold about 10,000. The NHL did not want a half empty Stadium so they forced the Islanders to give out free tickets thus screwing the paying fan. The Devils sold their 20,000 tickets. I know the argument will be that the Devils hosted a Sunday game while the Islanders hosted a Wednesday night game but the Islanders have been clamoring to get involved in the outdoor games for a while and they totally screwed it up by their non support. When the Rangers played the Flyers in 2012 in a weekday day game and the Philly fans came out in droves. The bottom line is that the Islanders had their chance and should not get a second one.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
  #716
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I would go to that.
Yeah, I'd consider making the trip as well. A divisional rival in a football venue that can seat 90k plus. There'd be tailgating and a good time for all.

If they want to have outdoor games in NYC featuring the Rangers every year so be it...but fool me twice if I'm buying tickets to that from the box office.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 07:44 PM
  #717
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
I would rather have a DC game in RFK Stadium......

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 07:46 PM
  #718
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I would rather have a DC game in RFK Stadium......
we're probably looking at something like Rangers vs Capitals at Metlife Stadium in late January 2016

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM
  #719
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
The Islanders gave out over 6000 free tickets starting Monday night. I heard the number might have been as high as 7000 tickets. These were the same tickets that the NHL was selling for$179-$229 not cheap seats. Each team was given an allotment of 20,000 seats to sell as a minimum and the Rangers sold upwards of 24,000 tickets while the Islanders sold about 10,000. The NHL did not want a half empty Stadium so they forced the Islanders to give out free tickets thus screwing the paying fan. The Devils sold their 20,000 tickets. I know the argument will be that the Devils hosted a Sunday game while the Islanders hosted a Wednesday night game but the Islanders have been clamoring to get involved in the outdoor games for a while and they totally screwed it up by their non support. When the Rangers played the Flyers in 2012 in a weekday day game and the Philly fans came out in droves. The bottom line is that the Islanders had their chance and should not get a second one.


Where did you hear this?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:29 PM
  #720
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
The Islanders didn't support the game last Wednesday and they don't deserve another chance. It is so obvious that the NHL wants the Rangers involved so I guess they will have to be the road team if they do it again. I would be shocked if the Islanders played any team outdoors other than the Rangers or Devils while the NHL is dying for a Rangers/Bruins game outdoors in NYC
Actually I think a Rangers/Bruins game at Gillette would attract a very large crowd.

MGF0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 08:31 PM
  #721
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I'd consider making the trip as well. A divisional rival in a football venue that can seat 90k plus. There'd be tailgating and a good time for all.

If they want to have outdoor games in NYC featuring the Rangers every year so be it...but fool me twice if I'm buying tickets to that from the box office.
You and me both. I'll pick up tickets from stub hub a few days prior before I ever buy from the team again.

MGF0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
  #722
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Where did you hear this?
I live out in Suffolk County. The Islanders started contacting coaches of all youth hockey teams based out of the Rinx and Superior Ice Rink and offered all players free tickets Monday Evening. On Tuesday night they still had a lot of inventory left and they started offering them to centers that house disabled adults for free. Basically they just wanted bodies in the seats. I know someone who sat in my section Wednesday(a Rangers STH who paid for his tickets) who had 14 extra tickets that were given out to his sons hockey team with a face of $179.If I remember the section was 414
I know this information for a fact because I have a family friend who is a mid-level executive for the Islanders. I also know that the NHL is pissed off at the support the Islander fans gave to the stadium series after begging for this opportunity. I don't like the Islanders but these are the facts just ask anyone associated with youth Hockey on Long Island.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
  #723
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I live out in Suffolk County. The Islanders started contacting coaches of all youth hockey teams based out of the Rinx and Superior Ice Rink and offered all players free tickets Monday Evening. On Tuesday night they still had a lot of inventory left and they started offering them to centers that house disabled adults for free. Basically they just wanted bodies in the seats. I know someone who sat in my section Wednesday(a Rangers STH who paid for his tickets) who had 14 extra tickets that were given out to his sons hockey team with a face of $179.If I remember the section was 414
I know this information for a fact because I have a family friend who is a mid-level executive for the Islanders. I also know that the NHL is pissed off at the support the Islander fans gave to the stadium series after begging for this opportunity. I don't like the Islanders but these are the facts just ask anyone associated with youth Hockey on Long Island.
I can believe it...... Long Island is producing some great hockey talent, but they are not supporting the pro game like they once did.....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM
  #724
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I can believe it...... Long Island is producing some great hockey talent, but they are not supporting the pro game like they once did.....
They have one of the worst owners in pro sports. As far as I'm concerned, support would be there if they had an owner worth his weight in salt.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:09 PM
  #725
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
we're probably looking at something like Rangers vs Capitals at Metlife Stadium in late January 2016
Any logistical issues w playing in NJ other than the Devils being pissed? Like are we allowed to go into another team's territory? (Though I guess NJ was home in the Bronx.)

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.