HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How to Grip

Old
01-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Caps2Fan

vCash: 500
How to Grip

This may seem like a strange question and will probably only make sense to those who play golf as well. I just started playing about two weeks ago and without much thought have been holding the stick with my top hand with what I would consider (as a golfer) a weak grip. I went into the pro shop at the rink I have been playing at and one of the guys working in there was watching me hold the sticks and came over and had me turn my top hand over so that it was (again, as a golfer) what I would consider to be a strong grip. Being the mental headcase that I am, this concept has thrown me for a bit of a loop. Is there one right way to position your top hand for basic stickhandling and control? Is it generally a negative to have your hand as weak as I did?

Caps2Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 01:41 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote