HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Central FL Panthers Fan/TV Question

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2005, 11:14 PM
orlandopantherfan

vCash: 500
Central FL Panthers Fan/TV Question

Hi Panther fans..
What an exciting week we've had... things are looking up I think!
Long-time Panther fan new to Central Florida.
I had a question for anybody who has BrightHouse Cable in Orlando/Central Florida... are games on Center Ice blacked out? How do you watch Panthers games? I'm worried for some reason the games might be blacked out.
Also, is there anybody out there from this area that drives down to games or have tickets?
Thanks for your help in advance

Old
08-02-2005, 11:54 PM
PanthersRule96

oh yea, and if anyone could answer this as well. I'll possibly be going to UF because I'm going to be a senior in high school this year, and is there any way to watch panthers games at college? I'm sheltered lol, ive never been up there and idk really if you can get TV or what the deal is if you're in the dorm rooms. lol, im so uninformed. But I'll havta see my boy Olesz because that season will most likely be his rookie year in the NHL!

Old
08-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandopantherfan
Hi Panther fans..
What an exciting week we've had... things are looking up I think!
Long-time Panther fan new to Central Florida.
I had a question for anybody who has BrightHouse Cable in Orlando/Central Florida... are games on Center Ice blacked out? How do you watch Panthers games? I'm worried for some reason the games might be blacked out.
Also, is there anybody out there from this area that drives down to games or have tickets?
Thanks for your help in advance
No, the games will not be blacked out on Center Ice. I had the package freshman year.

PR, you'll have to talk to UF about that, you MAY be able to upgrade to digital cable and get Center Ice, but no guarantees.

Old
08-03-2005, 12:31 AM
orlandopantherfan

So Luongofan...
Do you think Panthers games are blacked out in Orlando at all?

Old
08-03-2005, 02:51 AM
GudVibransons

I wouldn't think so. If anything it would be Lightning games blacked out because they are the only team I get, at least on cable.

Old
08-03-2005, 04:32 AM
TheCarneth

Send a message via AIM to TheCarneth
Quote:
oh yea, and if anyone could answer this as well. I'll possibly be going to UF because I'm going to be a senior in high school this year, and is there any way to watch panthers games at college? I'm sheltered lol, ive never been up there and idk really if you can get TV or what the deal is if you're in the dorm rooms. lol, im so uninformed. But I'll havta see my boy Olesz because that season will most likely be his rookie year in the NHL!
I don't know the definite answer, seeing as there was no hockey to watch up there last year. But since we get all Marlins games in Gainesville, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to watch the Panthers as well.

Old
08-03-2005, 05:53 AM
justapantherfan

You are not close enough for the games to get blacked out. You should be far enough away from Tampa also. I could be wrong but normally the black out range is 70 miles from the game.

I hope is not true because I move to central Florida (Lakeland) next year and have to be able to watch the games.

Old
08-03-2005, 08:19 AM
panthertod

Orlandopantherfan, I also just moved up to Orlando, I was a Panther season ticket holder... I called brighthouse the other day to ask about center ice, they said I'd have to call back in Sep but there shouldn't be any problem getting the Panther games.

My wife and I are planning to go to all the Panther games in Tampa this year including the pre-season game.... are you going? if so, let's meet up.

I'd love to find a bar in Orlando that will broadcast the panther games for all us transplanted fans.

Panthertod.

Old
08-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Club301

I've lived in Orlando for the past 5 years and I've had the Center Ice Package for the last 3 years. Panthers games are never blacked out, but Lightning games are because they are available on Sun Sports/Sunshine Network.

Old
08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
IceKatsRHot

How much does the Center Ice package cost to add on to the brighthouse digital cable?

Old
08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
justapantherfan

When I move up there we will all have to meet for the Panthers games. I still have a year here and still a season ticket holder. I might travel up there for one of the away games this year. If you guys all want to go lets meet for a game.

Old
08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
orlandopantherfan

Thanks guys for all the help... I was really worried about those blackouts here in O-town.... that would be great if all the Panther fans could get together and go celebrate when we go over and beat Tampa sometime. By the way, Center Ice used to cost $129. Personally, I think the NHL should provide it for free because of what's happened with the lockout. That's probably wishful thinking. I gotta think it's going to remain about the same price. I am also wondering if they are going to stream all the games on NHL.com and sell that too. Anybody with news on that front?

Old
08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
ebrown

PanthersRule -- Unfortunately, Gainesville is as far from a hockey town as you can get. There's no chance of getting any digital cable (or satellite) in the UF dorms.

If you have your own apartment and have Cox cable (or a dish), you can get the NHL Center Ice package.

Otherwise, there aren't even a lot of restaurants/bars that have the Center Ice package. The only one we ever found was the Gainesville Ale House, and even then it was a pain to keep harrassing the waiters to change it to hockey. As long as it's not a football weekend, they're usually good about changing it.

Good luck, go Gators.

Closed Thread