HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is the biggest problem on the leafs this season?

View Poll Results: What is the biggest problem on the leafs this season?
Management (poor signings, personnel choices etc ) 20 17.70%
Coaching (system, player usage etc) 43 38.05%
Useless 4th Line (particularly the goons) 2 1.77%
Third line checkers with no offense (mclemment at 15 to 20min per night) 4 3.54%
Lack of quality depth in D-core 14 12.39%
Lack of Top 6 defensive skill and grit (puck retrieval/puck battle compete) 19 16.81%
Injuries/Suspensions (Bolland, Bozak etc) 11 9.73%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
gamer1035

vCash: 500
Super Best friends

Kessel - Lifetime contract (sure he could get another contract, but this is his payday)

Phaneuf - Lifetime contract

Clarkson - Insane overpaid lifetime contract

Bozak - Insane overpaid contract for being Kessels best friend. People actually justify his contract by saying Kessel wouldn't sign here without him. Is that a person we really want leading our team?

Lupul - Good contract if he actually played. He doesn't need to play through broken finger nails anymore, he got paid.

Why have good players who play hard, when you can have other teams castoffs who are all super best friends?

Why play hard when your "leaders" (super best friends) are all on retirement deals and/or don't give a ****.

The Super Best Friends are actually worse than the Muskoka 5. At least part of the Muskoka 5 (Sundin, Kaberle) actually gave a ****. The Muskoka 5 was also only 5 players. The Super Best Friends are the majority of our roster, including all of our "leaders".

How will this team ever the cup when they are all Super Best Friends and can have fun with each other win, lose, or tie?

A roster with a bunch of guys at each others throats after every embarrassing loss is much better than a roster of Super Best Friends who go to Kessels and Bozaks place after each loss for sleepovers.

gamer1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
S2S
6-8-5-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer1035 View Post
Kessel - Lifetime contract (sure he could get another contract, but this is his payday)

Phaneuf - Lifetime contract

Clarkson - Insane overpaid lifetime contract

Bozak - Insane overpaid contract for being Kessels best friend. People actually justify his contract by saying Kessel wouldn't sign here without him. Is that a person we really want leading our team?

Lupul - Good contract if he actually played. He doesn't need to play through broken finger nails anymore, he got paid.

Why have good players who play hard, when you can have other teams castoffs who are all super best friends?

Why play hard when your "leaders" (super best friends) are all on retirement deals and/or don't give a ****.

The Super Best Friends are actually worse than the Muskoka 5. At least part of the Muskoka 5 (Sundin, Kaberle) actually gave a ****. The Muskoka 5 was also only 5 players. The Super Best Friends are the majority of our roster, including all of our "leaders".

How will this team ever the cup when they are all Super Best Friends and can have fun with each other win, lose, or tie?

A roster with a bunch of guys at each others throats after every embarrassing loss is much better than a roster of Super Best Friends who go to Kessels and Bozaks place after each loss for sleepovers.
Reminds me of the superfriends from the Bart's Comet episode of the Simpsons. Maybe someone can photoshop. Kessel is definitely Ham Radio.

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:34 PM
PasDaSquini

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer1035 View Post
Half our roster is 5 players now; Kessel, Phaneuf, Clarkson, Bozak and Lupul by my count add up to 5.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Trapper
Keep Building

The 23 players on it.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:09 PM
gamer1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDaSquini View Post
Half our roster is 5 players now; Kessel, Phaneuf, Clarkson, Bozak and Lupul by my count add up to 5.
nowhere did I mention half our roster. I said the majority of our roster and obviously I was including the majority of our roster, even people other than the "leaders" I listed.

gamer1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:10 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Where is the option for "All of the above"?

I can't believe this is more or less the same team that pushed the B's to 7 games in the p/o's last year.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RhyZa

How #1 is not leading I'll never know.

RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Hyperglide

I like how the Top Line was no where to be found on that poll. Kessel is the biggest problem. He's way to 1 dimensional and soft and streaky. Bozak isn't a playmaker and doesn't have enough offensive talent. JVR is invisible and soft for a guy his size when he's not on the rush or in front of the net on the PP, he's way to streaky just like Kessel.

Basically our top line sucks. They can only create off the rush or turnovers. Once they get stymied it's off to get hemmed into our zone for 50 seconds and more then likely result in an icing, penalty or goalie holding the puck and then having Kadri come out and lose the faceoff.

This team sucks all over.

Anyways I voted Lack of Top 6 defensive skill and grit (puck retrieval/puck battle compete) because that's the closest analysis to what I just described.

Management is new and the coach is new. We have the same problems with Nonis and Carlyle as we did with Wilson and Burke. Still the same ****** top 6 forwards who get hemmed in and are soft and not gritty at all.

See the common denominator here?

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Nepgearexe
#34 Matthews

Coaching. The system isn't working anymore.

Nepgearexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Billy6

Anyone who didn't vote management is nuts.

Whether it's a poor drafting record, poor asset management, poor cap management, etc the failures with this team begin and end with management.

It's not even close.

Billy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:38 AM
number72

So coaching and lots of personnel issues

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Trapper
Keep Building

Here is what Leaf fans say about the core:

Bozak: Terrible center. Should be 3rd line. Brings Kessel down.
Kessel: 1 dimensional streaky scorer. Wouldn't break an egg in his pocket.
Phaneuf: Overrated, slow, pylon.
Clarkson: Grossly overpaid for whatever he brings.
Franson: Terrible 5 on 5, only good on the PP.
Kadri: Half the board likes him, the other half hates him.
Lupul: Most people like but injuries,injuries,made of glass.
Gunnarsson: Overrated in the 1st line spot. Should be no. 4 D.
Bernier: Reimer is better.
Reimer: Bernier is better.
Raymond: Tolerated for 1 mil. Bashed on his softness, would be hated at 3 million.

Now people say add 2 pieces and see us as annual playoff contenders.
Great.
Lack of elite talent at key positions with intensity and compete is missing.
We have not had a player since Gilmour who could will us to victory with a shift. Sundin could carry us as well with Joseph. What do these 2 players have in common?
No. 1 centers.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Not enough nastiness in the Leafs this year.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote