HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the Flyers 3-1

Old
01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
BRACE YOURSELVES

So funny!

Also what was funny was PJ Stack making sense. He said something along the line that if you do nothing, you get minutes but if you take a penalty, mind you a bad one but one to try and do something, anything, you get benched. Note that its your best player.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...you are seriously blinded by your rose coloured glasses, my friend...Subban, while he did take that stupid penalty (which should have been BOTH players going to the box, as what Couturier got away with before Subbie popped him was horseshyte), was one of the only guys to show up last night and push the play over and over...and how does our great strategist reply to his hustle and emotion??...benches him for half the period and throws him under the bus after the game...and what about No-Show Bourque??...he continues to put him out PP after PP, shift after shift...Momentum-Killer El Capitane??...same thing, continue to put him out PP after PP even though he does nothing but cough it up...so he finally puts Lars on a PP & Lars creates some chances, for freakin' CUBE no less...how does St. Michel respond??...next PP, DD-Patches-Gally & Pleky-Gio-Briere; no Larry...surprise, surprise, surprise...and what about Emelin, you know, our LHD that just got back from major knee surgery that Oh Holy Michel continues to put out on his WRONG SIDE, even though he's clearly struggled with it since he's come back...and I could go on, but why bother; I'm not going to change your opinion here, despite the growing evidence that Therrien is losing the room and is being outcoached on a pretty regular basis by pretty much every mook in the NHL...I'm actually very sad that this is all you expect out of the Habs now, mediocrity...very sad, indeed...
Keep making crap up, I'm sure it makes you feel better...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I got to say that it's not far fetch. No MT's biggest fan or hater but this team is going down hill and fast. Coach? Players?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:15 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Systems don't score goals, players do.

New Jersey had one of the most boring styles in the history of hockey and their cup year they were among the top scoring teams. In 05-06 Gionta scored 48 goals and 89 moints!

Blaming the "system" for guys like Bourque Gionta Eller Briere Bournival Gallagher not producing is moronic.

Boston plays a defensive boring style and they are scoring. The Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year and were 3rd in the NHL in scoring. Now suddenly the system doesn't work?
Playing Gionta, Bourque, etc that much is part of the system.

Benching Subban after he showed emotions, is part of the system. -We want to be lifeless-

Playing Bouillon on the PP is part of the system.

Having Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher having a down year is part of the system. -all our youngsters-

Having Briere with the most difficult starts amongts forward in corsi, is part of the system.

Having Emelin playing on his off side for so long, and never saw him made a hit since Therrien is with us, is part of the system.

Seeing Bournival sucking hard after a nice pre-season and loosing his confidence is part of the system.

Destroying two lines that were woking to fix 'pac-dd' is part of the system. Now we only have one worling line.

Having ansolutely no net presence in PP is part of the system.

No in game adjustments is part of the system.

Using dump and chase with undersize forward and asking them to play a grinding style is part of the system.

Pissing off Subban and telling **** publicly is part of the system.

Never use your timeout to change momentum/strategies, but only to relax your 4th line who made a 1000th icing call is part of the system.

Being 29th in goals scored in 5-on-5 is part of the system.

When your top offensive forward is on the 4th-5th page of the NHL, its part of your system.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Bouillon has had 11 ****ing power play points since 2005, and 3 total on the year.... He's averaged 1:39 and 1:28 of ice time on the power play per game in the past two seasons....

Token French guys don't give you results.
The problem with the PP isn't Bouillon.

They had Markov and Subban out there for 75% of the PP and they did nothing. Teams are taking away the point, so the forwards need to step up and make some plays instaed of standing around.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Well much of what he said is true.
Therrien seemingly lives targeting PK.
Bourque still gets PP ice with Gio.
Eller who was creative on it, didn't get another shot at it.
Emelin still being used on off side, and Therrien will scratch him before he gives him a chance at it.
Bouillon is still getting ice on the PP despite having like a couple of assist in over 200minutes there.

We are a .500 team outside this clearly abnormal 10game point streak in November.

Can't say if Therrien is losing the room but for the rest he's right.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Last night's game was depressing.

01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

New Jersey had one of the most boring styles in the history of hockey and their cup year they were among the top scoring teams. In 05-06 Gionta scored 48 goals and 89 moints!

Blaming the "system" for guys like Bourque Gionta Eller Briere Bournival Gallagher not producing is moronic.

Boston plays a defensive boring style and they are scoring. The Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year and were 3rd in the NHL in scoring. Now suddenly the system doesn't work?

Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year

This isnt the same hockey as last year....no way.
Face the facts this team is scoring 2.49 goals a game avg in 2014,
last year 3.04 goals a game avg!
Stop kidding yourself.

In 2014 - 21 games out of 45 Habs have scored 2 goals or less....
So if Price wasn't sitting with a 2.22 goals against,Habs would be way out of playofffs....As i said,Price and his stellar play has MASKED this failed Jacques Martin style hockey we now play.

Why do some coaches "systems" see them score 290-300 goals a year now.
How is it when a coach is fired ,and his team is scoring 2.4 goals a game, with same roster and with a new coach the team scores 2.90- 3 goals a game?????

Micheal Therrien team(2014) on pace to score 200 goals this year?
You want under sized guys dumping and chasing into the corner
like Martin was doing,it's dumb...You send away forwards like AK46 who throw 150 hits a year,and replace his hits with a guy who will throw 15 all year.....yeah makes sense to me too.
When it's on tape,showing Therrien telling his team ,there not
a good team ,just a grinding team.....stop playing FANCY...(no creativity) ...ya you see the result since.....Those word he spoke was during our winning streak! Since then ,you see the result.

I just told you No team in last 15 years,has ever won a cup scoring 2.49 goals a game.....so the coaches system plays a big part in this. Your down 2 goals ,your still playing TRAP HOCKEY.
LIKE jACQUES MARTIN WHO ,not only dropped attendance in Bell Centre by about 4000 ,would happly protect a 3-1 loss......

Therrien in 2014 playing exact same style....

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-09-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Tyson

The main reason I watch this version of the Habs is because of Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Bournival, Price. In other words I watch the future key members of a contending Habs team.
Why I hate watching-
Therrien, Gionta, Bourque, Diaz, Bouillon, Briere, Desharnais, Murray, Parros,

This team's makeup is horrendous. I am so tired of other team broadcasters say "they are a small team"!
I turned the game off last night when my favorite player, an eltite talent was nailed to the bench.
That is like benching Stamkos, Ovechkin, Crosby. Yes, Subban is that caliber.
Therrien and Bergevin better be careful because if he walks in 2 years because of their ineptness many fans will have finally had enough. Why can't the owners ever get it right? Why do we get forced fed such putrid managers?

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:30 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:

They had Markov and Subban out there for 75% of the PP and they did nothing. Teams are taking away the point, so the forwards need to step up and make some plays instaed of standing around.
And Therrien doesn't adapt. He doesn't have any other strategy up his sleave. He is an anachronism.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

If only the Habs defense defended leads for the Habs as hard as you defend them...

There's this 4.1 M dollar D that has more points than Boullion looking to show he's actually worth 4.1M and has played on the PP in Russia regularly.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

Benching Subban after he showed emotions, is part of the system. -We want to be lifeless-

Having Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher having a down year is part of the system. -all our youngsters-

Having Briere with the most difficult starts amongts forward in corsi, is part of the system.

Having Emelin playing on his off side for so long, and never saw him made a hit since Therrien is with us, is part of the system.

Seeing Bournival sucking hard after a nice pre-season and loosing his confidence is part of the system.

Destroying two lines that were woking to fix 'pac-dd' is part of the system. Now we only have one worling line.

Using dump and chase with undersize forward and asking them to play a grinding style is part of the system.

Never use your timeout to change momentum/strategies, but only to relax your 4th line who made a 1000th icing call is part of the system.

When your top offensive forward is on the 4th-5th page of the NHL, its part of your system.
When you talk SYSTEM it means the type of system the players play on the ice...the 1-2-2 or 1-3-1 it has nothing to do with players' usage or anything said in the media...try and keep up.

Old
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
...great reply; can't dispute a single thing posted, cuz it's all cold, hard facts, so just make a flip remark and hope noone sees through it...NO RISPEK...you and Therrien must be related...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:36 AM
le_sean

Prust needs to just sit out and get the surgery. He's been terrible this year.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If only the Habs defense defended leads for the Habs as hard as you defend them...

There's this 4.1 M dollar D that has more points than Boullion looking to show he's actually worth 4.1M and has played on the PP in Russia regularly.
I have no issues with people making comments and critics but this thread is 90% garabge. It's the "how much **** can I make up about Therrien to justify firing him" thread.

Emelin is not a bad puckhandler and I have no issue putting him instead of Bouillon, but in the grand scheme of things that has little to no impact on the games. If Emelin is better it's only marginal. In the short term Emelin needs to focus on being better defensively and 5 on 5, we need him A LOT more for that than the PP.

What cost us the game last night was not the PP, it's that out of our best players, all but Plekanec were complete crap...Subban Markov Pacioretty, Eller took a dumb penality and scored in his own net.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

Exactly.

Habs 5-on-5 play is worrying:

GF:65 GA:73

SF:956 SA:1044

The shots for and against stat is the most worrying. It means the Habs are playing TML hockey and luckily they have Price to cover their ass and win some games.

Therrien is directly responsible for this debacle as he has the Habs playing dump-and-chase. It is incredibly low percentage hockey for creating offense.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Milhouse40

It's not just about the system that changed, which it did like 17-18 games ago when Therrien was complaining that his players were tired.

It's also reacting, evolving and trying to new things when the old ones failed.
But i don't see this with Therrien.

Your team is down 3-1, your irst PP units didn't even gives a shot on goal on 3 PP,
The team don't generate anything at 5-on-5 for the last 10-15 games......but you
still come back with the same recipe???? Try something else for a period, try to shake things up.

Bouillon-Diaz on the PP don't work, it never did and it never will.
Why keep trying it out, what reason is good enough to justify Therrien's choices.

He asked Eller and Plekanec to take all the defensive missions and still gives them
guys like Briere, Bournival or Moen to takedown the best players.

Many non-sense to me

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Exactly.

Habs 5-on-5 play is worrying:

GF:65 GA:73

SF:956 SA:1044

The shots for and against stat is the most worrying. It means the Habs are playing TML hockey and luckily they have Price to cover their ass and win some games.

Therrien is directly responsible for this debacle as he has the Habs playing dump-and-chase. It is incredibly low percentage hockey for creating offense.
Any Habs fan with hope for change after Martin,it's was just false hope(a face change only)...plain truth.
There selling smoke to the fans,making big profits.
The facts are ,if Montreal Canadiens EVERY WANT to win a cup again?
What they need to do is so plain and clear,it's not even funny .
The post i made yesterday shows it ...the blunt truth of it all.
I don't care if were 25-15 or 40-15....it's all a mirage....not a recipe for any success.

My post from yesterday.
----------
Montreal currently sits 28th overall in 5 on 5 regular season scoring.
So what's the chance this recipe turns out?

Cup Winners 1997 to 2013
Regular season 5 on 5 scoring rank

1997-98 Detroit 2nd
1998-99 Dallas Stars 12th
1999-00 New Jersey 19th
2000-01 Colorado 8th
2001-02 Detroit 5th
2002-03 New Jersey 6th
2003-04 Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd
2005-06 Carolina 4th
2006-07 Anaheim 7th
2007-08 Detroit 1 st
2008-09 Pittsburgh 4th
2009-10 Chicago 2nd
2010-11 Boston 1st
2011-12 LA Kings 29th
2012-13 Chicago 2nd

--------------------------------------

Jacques Martin Era...

2009 -10
Halak saves the playoffs miracle
Reg season 5 on 5 goals rank 30th (last in Nhl)
Total reg season goals for 210 avg /2.56 a game
Playoff goals for avg 2.42 a game

2010-11 Season
One round and done in playoffs
Reg season 5 on 5 goal rank 23rd
Reg season avg goals for /2.52 per game
total reg season goals 207 goals
Playoff goals for avg 2.42

2011-12
Tank season 3rd overall draft pick
Reg season 5 on 5 goals rank 20th
total goals scored 213 goals
avg goals for /2.52 per game

-------------------------------

Michel"Jacques"Therrien era...

2012-13
Whip the horse ,Sprint to finish season 48 games
Playoff beat down
Playoffs goals for avg 1.80 vs Jacques Martin's special sauce of 2.42 a playoff game.

2013-14
Full season at the Wheel
Reg season 5 on 5 goals rank 28th
reg season avg goals for 2.52
On pace for 200-213 goals scored in 82 games
Déjà vu SINCE 2009

Wrong recipe Habs are using(again).

THIS TEAMS current record in 2013-14 is a mirage(most are happy with the record), BUT it's a mirage created by Carey Price.

Fact is last 15 CUP WINNERS Not one team has won a cup scoring 1.80 -2.42 -2.52 goals a game in the playoffs

Fact is last 15 Cup winners,12 of the 15 teams that won the Cup ,had a 5 on 5 regular season scoring rank in top 10.One team only in last 15 years has one a cup with a regular season 5 on 5 goal rank over 20th .

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-09-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old
01-09-2014, 08:51 AM
zzoo

In about the last 20 games, Habs has played like crap. What really happens ?

It looks like last year, after 30 games, Habs become horrible.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
All these posts have so many words... Ugh..

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year

This isnt the same hockey as last year....no way.
Face the facts this team is scoring 2.49 goals a game avg in 2014,
last year 3.04 goals a game avg!
Stop kidding yourself.

In 2014 - 21 games out of 45 Habs have scored 2 goals or less....
So if Price wasn't sitting with a 2.22 goals against,Habs would be way out of playofffs....As i said,Price and his stellar play has MASKED this failed Jacques Martin style hockey we now play.

Why do some coaches "systems" see them score 290-300 goals a year now.
How is it when a coach is fired ,and his team is scoring 2.4 goals a game, with same roster and with a new coach the team scores 2.90- 3 goals a game?????

Micheal Therrien team(2014) on pace to score 200 goals this year?
You want under sized guys dumping and chasing into the corner
like Martin was doing,it's dumb...You send away forwards like AK46 who throw 150 hits a year,and replace his hits with a guy who will throw 15 all year.....yeah makes sense to me too.
When it's on tape,showing Therrien telling his team ,there not
a good team ,just a grinding team.....stop playing FANCY...(no creativity) ...ya you see the result since.....Those word he spoke was during our winning streak! Since then ,you see the result.

I just told you No team in last 15 years,has ever won a cup scoring 2.49 goals a game.....so the coaches system plays a big part in this. Your down 2 goals ,your still playing TRAP HOCKEY.
LIKE jACQUES MARTIN WHO ,not only dropped attendance in Bell Centre by about 4000 ,would happly protect a 3-1 loss......

Therrien in 2014 playing exact same style....
It's the same coach and same system, the results have changed because some are not carrying their weight.

Some coaches "systems" see them score 290-300 goals a year because they have a lot of offensive skill and that skill is producing. The Habs have good, not great offensive skill, but some of it is not playing as well this year(Briere Bourque Eller Gionta Gallagher).

Are you expecting a cup from this year's team? If you are you're dillusional regardless of who the coach is.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
gusfring

What happened to Holmgren being the worst GM in the league and the Flyers being absolutely terrible? 5 points back of us with a game in hand.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The team looks like it is being coached by Cunneyworth.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
It's the same coach and same system, the results have changed because some are not carrying their weight.

Some coaches "systems" see them score 290-300 goals a year because they have a lot of offensive skill and that skill is producing. The Habs have good, not great offensive skill, but some of it is not playing as well this year(Briere Bourque Eller Gionta Gallagher).

Are you expecting a cup from this year's team? If you are you're dillusional regardless of who the coach is.
ZERO IMPROVEMENT..you understand this right?
We're not going in the RIGHT DIRECTION.

Martin's reign of terror
30th
23 rd
20th
in 5 on 5 scoring...
207 goals a year in 82 games
avg 2.42 goal game

Therrien in 2014
were back at 28th on 5on 5
We score 2.49 goals a game avg
On pace to score 200 goals in 82 games.

This teams "PLAN" for a cup(1.5 year in now) ,is a hoax.
Wait until we fire Therrien, and will get were sorry,were goona build a cup winner in next 5 years.....ha ....Since Bob Gainey got hired have we been sold the 5 year rebuild eh?

Habs were scoring 3.04 goals a game last year...got there butts whipped in the playoffs(the old one and done)....scored 1.8 goals a game in the playoffs...Now the same coach(got rattled,now we all grinders) figures score less win ,and 5 on 5 scoring 28th overall is better recipe? HA .....never worked for last 15 cup champs....why this direction? Sad joke.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-09-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Prust needs to just sit out and get the surgery. He's been terrible this year.
This. Prust brings next to nothing. At least he still fights, but he's inept at making a bodycheck and his turnovers just keep coming. He's far from the level of last year and he's one of the many reasons this version of the Canadiens struggles.

Lots of concerning things at the moment : Emelin's disastrous season so far, easily figured powerplay, lack of creativity overall with the puck, unable to cycle the puck in the offensive zone, poor transition from defense to offense. It's a miracle this team is still in playoffs position thanks to Therrien's ''play not to lose'' strategy.

I've said it before, but something needs to be done. AHL, trade, pressbox, whatever.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote