HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the Flyers 3-1

Old
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
We can't know for sure, but it's tempting to think that there was some kind of rift between MaxPac and Therrien when rumors were swirling. The Brière confrontation was well-documented. And now PK. Again. Therrien took a lot of heat for the way he was using PK and how this was going to hurt his chances to make the Olympic team. Probably all coincidence but ... as soon as PK plays his first game after earning his Olympic nomination, Therrien unloaded on him big time.

Therrien is not applying the same type of sanctions to his veteran players who don't produce. He knows he will have lost the room for good when he loses his veterans -- and so he keeps parading him out there, giving them prime minutes while the limiting ice time of those younger players he dislikes or who may not buy into his coaching methods.
I think that is the case for about every single head coach in the NHL.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
I think that is the case for about every single head coach in the NHL.
You may have a point but when a coach continuously harps on his best players who happen to be younger and where veteran players make similar mistakes and don't get sanctioned, you gotta wonder how much of it has to do with personality or non-hockey issues or Therrien's obsession with teaching everyone a lesson, except those who can get him canned.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
You may have a point but when a coach continuously harps on his best players who happen to be younger and where veteran players make similar mistakes and don't get sanctioned, you gotta wonder how much of it has to do with personality or non-hockey issues or Therrien's obsession with teaching everyone a lesson, except those who can get him canned.
He got a "Team Fist" concept.

We will never know if the other players are pleased or pissed off when Therrien is playing hardball with PK. If he is doing it, it's because he feels that most of the other players, and vet players, are approving his moves.

Old
01-09-2014, 01:28 PM
peate
Good grief!

After reading through this thread, I had to change my avatar to reflect the general consensus here.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 02:22 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
After reading through this thread, I had to change my avatar to reflect the general consensus here.
Therrien was hired to be fired. He is a temporary solution. He is always doing very well in the first year of his contract... After that, it's going downhill, and fast.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Analyzer

I see our pp keeps struggling and dropping. Yet, how it operates won't change.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
peacepipe

I know you guys are frustrated but I am truly jealous that your pgt is longer than most of the gdt's around here. You can talk about hockey all day every day it seems like

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I know you guys are frustrated but I am truly jealous that your pgt is longer than most of the gdt's around here. You can talk about hockey all day every day it seems like
We have mental problems...

Old
01-09-2014, 04:29 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Habs played THE SAME SYSTEM last year

This isnt the same hockey as last year....no way.
Face the facts this team is scoring 2.49 goals a game avg in 2014,
last year 3.04 goals a game avg!
Stop kidding yourself.

In 2014 - 21 games out of 45 Habs have scored 2 goals or less....
So if Price wasn't sitting with a 2.22 goals against,Habs would be way out of playofffs....As i said,Price and his stellar play has MASKED this failed Jacques Martin style hockey we now play.

Systems don't score goals, players do.

Why do some coaches "systems" see them score 290-300 goals a year now.
How is it when a coach is fired ,and his team is scoring 2.4 goals a game, with same roster and with a new coach the team scores 2.90- 3 goals a game?????

Micheal Therrien team(2014) on pace to score 200 goals this year?
You want under sized guys dumping and chasing into the corner
like Martin was doing,it's dumb...You send away forwards like AK46 who throw 150 hits a year,and replace his hits with a guy who will throw 15 all year.....yeah makes sense to me too.
When it's on tape,showing Therrien telling his team ,there not
a good team ,just a grinding team.....stop playing FANCY...(no creativity) ...ya you see the result since.....
Those word he spoke was during our winning streak! Since then ,you see the result.

I just told you No team in last 15 years,has ever won a cup scoring 2.49 goals a game.....so the coaches system plays a big part in this. Your down 2 goals ,your still playing TRAP HOCKEY.
LIKE jACQUES MARTIN WHO ,not only dropped attendance in Bell Centre by about 4000 ,would happly protect a 3-1 loss......

Therrien in 2014 playing exact same style....
The Therrien grinding quote.......

http://www.loopster.com/video_display/174887

A Martin quote......

Jacques Martin doesn't need cute.

"I think we were trying to be a little too fancy [compared] to our first home game ," Martin said. "In that game we kept things a lot more simple ... grind it out."

Therrien has become Martin.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
What happened to Holmgren being the worst GM in the league and the Flyers being absolutely terrible? 5 points back of us with a game in hand.
Its hiring a new coach and changing the direction of the team via his new stragegy, system and motivation.

Something that needs to happen in Montreal.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Primrose Everdeen
My Next Mistake

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Brilliant!

01-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Good eye sir, we're under 20% and currently ranked 10th.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The powerplay looks better if you look at it like some fans look at the Habs as a whole - It's still in the top 10 so it's still good and no changes needed.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

The solutions are pretty limited when you're constrained to only using ES lines at 5v4. Someone in the media really needs to bring this up. Is there any other team in the league that follows this 'strategy' as closely as we do? It's insane.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Varlan

Not pulling the goalie has to be one of the most stupid coaching moves. Basically he is just saying he would rather punish the team than try to win.

Even if the team is playing poorly and there is very little chance to tie it up, you take that chance, 10\10, no exceptions. There is no reason not to try, and to not try, you basically become a hypocrite to the team by giving up while expecting them to not give up? bizarre.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:19 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The solutions are pretty limited when you're constrained to only using ES lines at 5v4. Someone in the media really needs to bring this up. Is there any other team in the league that follows this 'strategy' as closely as we do? It's insane.
would make sense if we had a killer 1st line offensively, but we dont.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:32 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I listened to those dumbasses on RDS tonight... What a bunch of morons. Most of them blamed Subban for indiscipline and half of them agreed with Therrien (to bench Subban).

Bottom line is, throwing punch his scrums even after the ref broke it up is freaking common in the NHL. I don't see players benched for that, let alone a superstar.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The powerplay looks better if you look at it like some fans look at the Habs as a whole - It's still in the top 10 so it's still good and no changes needed.
All the power to them for being optimists. I've seen this **** way too often with the habs. Refusal to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Members of the media are *******.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlan View Post
Not pulling the goalie has to be one of the most stupid coaching moves. Basically he is just saying he would rather punish the team than try to win.

Even if the team is playing poorly and there is very little chance to tie it up, you take that chance, 10\10, no exceptions. There is no reason not to try, and to not try, you basically become a hypocrite to the team by giving up while expecting them to not give up? bizarre.
They had no goals with one more man, they had 4 shots in the third, there was no comeback.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Didn't he get fired in Pittsburg for treating his franchise player the same way?
In Pitt he called out the whole D squad as the worst in the league. And that was at the beginning. That takes balls.

My main problem with him is that I don't understand why he changed the style that made the Habs so successful last year. Wich was puck possession, being agressive offensively with always a D helping out the attack to put on the pressure. They played more similar to that against Dallas and it worked great.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Didn't he get fired in Pittsburg for treating his franchise player the same way?
First, he made Jose Theodore into Hart and Vezina winner but couldn't fix his character. Then, he made Crosby into a Art Ross, Hart, and Lester B. Pearson winner and the top player he is today along with being a better person. Now he made Subban into a Norris winner and working on his character. He is a development god turning kids to heros.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
peate
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
I listened to those dumbasses on RDS tonight... What a bunch of morons. Most of them blamed Subban for indiscipline and half of them agreed with Therrien (to bench Subban).

Bottom line is, throwing punch his scrums even after the ref broke it up is freaking common in the NHL. I don't see players benched for that, let alone a superstar.
Except for Philippe Cantin, the only guy who called out Therrien on it. He's the best by far and his opinions are always interesting. He said it was incomprehensible to sit PK and not pull Budaj for a 6th attacker.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Varlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
They had no goals with one more man, they had 4 shots in the third, there was no comeback.
Good job on ignoring the point of my post. If the coach gives up, what kind of message does that send to the team? Certainly nothing good I can think of.

If the coach gives up on the players, why not the players give up on the coach? I know I would.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Primrose Everdeen
My Next Mistake

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlan View Post

I don't even recall us not pulling the goalie. Just how drunk was I?

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
I don't even recall us not pulling the goalie. Just how drunk was I?
Very. Like in all GDT.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote