HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buffalo - Colorado (O'Reilly)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  #26
Gaks*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
The price is Zadorov or Myers + that 2nd. Avs need defense.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:41 AM
  #27
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Again, if I was the Sabres I'd say if he agrees to a decent contract with us then we'll talk. Not even mentioning Risto or Zads until then.
I fully understand that, but chances are if a team was willing to trade for ROR they would have already figured out what his contract demands are and are ok with it and can get him signed meaning the Avs would still want something of high value back for him.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:43 AM
  #28
MikeC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc17 View Post
I don't think so. Ehrhoff is a really good defenseman playing on a lousy team.
The second round pick will basically be a first rounder since the Devils don't have a pick.
Stafford is underrated.
O'Reilly is overrated.

With the last two statements, I'm not saying that Stafford is better or as good as O'reilly just that I think a lot of fans misjudge these players.
The first two statements though are the biggest reasons why I disagree. You can think its a bad deal for Colorado but I think fleecing is way to strong.
when you say that

Stafford is underrated.
O'Reilly is overrated

You loose all your credibilty ... stafford...13 points in 41 games and 4M$ per year

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:47 AM
  #29
Gaks*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
when you say that

Stafford is underrated.
O'Reilly is overrated

You loose all your credibilty ... stafford...13 points in 41 games and 4M$ per year
To be fair... nobody has points in in Buffalo.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
  #30
pyroxen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
The price is Zadorov or Myers + that 2nd. Avs need defense.
Thank you, I really needed a giod laugh right now.


On a more serious not, Tim Murry just said he is willing to trade for young players other teams cant/dont want to re sign.

pyroxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
  #31
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
sabrescupbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear16 View Post
No thanks From COL. No interest in Stafford and Ehrhoff is 31. O'Reilly's only 22.

How about O'Reilly for Ott, Pysyk and 2nd?

The Avs need an agitator since they traded Downie (and Ott's a UFA after this season anyway). Pysyk is a young Dman with good upside and COL gets a pick.

Thoughts?
PERFECT!!!









( if he signs a contract ) I'm sure Buffalo's management has to believe he'll sign a deal that's not crazy before giving up any assets. Any deal is worthless if he won't sign or wants stupid money to play in Buffalo. Plus every GM in the league would know at the end of they season they could put the screws right to Buffalo because they know Buffalo has to match any offer sheet thrown at him.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
  #32
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
To be fair... nobody has points in in Buffalo.
True, but under-rated typically refers to a player that consistently puts up numbers on a pace at or below their contract value.

I don't think I would consider paying Stafford 4M per. He is probably closer to about 3M per. He basically cashed in on one good year much like David Jones.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:55 AM
  #33
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear16 View Post
No thanks From COL. No interest in Stafford and Ehrhoff is 31. O'Reilly's only 22.

How about O'Reilly for Ott, Pysyk and 2nd?

The Avs need an agitator since they traded Downie (and Ott's a UFA after this season anyway). Pysyk is a young Dman with good upside and COL gets a pick.

Thoughts?
I'd do that from a Sabres POV.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:55 AM
  #34
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
PERFECT!!!









( if he signs a contract ) I'm sure Buffalo's management has to believe he'll sign a deal that's not crazy before giving up any assets. Any deal is worthless if he won't sign or wants stupid money to play in Buffalo. Plus every GM in the league would know at the end of they season they could put the screws right to Buffalo because they know Buffalo has to match any offer sheet thrown at him.
Fortunately the guy who proposed that crap deal is not in charge of the Avs. You aren't going to get ROR for that POS deal ( a UFA, mediocre defensive prospect and a pick). A deal for ROR will have to include one of Myers, Risto or Zadorov.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:58 AM
  #35
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gorillaz-EPWRID
Country: United States
Posts: 11,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
There's literally no chance O'Reilly will get $7m. That's just ridiculous.
"There is no way Clarkson gets 5 million a season long term"- HF.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
  #36
pyroxen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Fortunately the guy who proposed that crap deal is not in charge of the Avs. You aren't going to get ROR for that POS deal ( a UFA, mediocre defensive prospect and a pick). A deal for ROR will have to include one of Myers, Risto or Zadorov.
So you're in charge of the Avs sonce you know what has to be included? Good job on that post, might get you an most stupid post of the week award.

pyroxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
  #37
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Fortunately the guy who proposed that crap deal is not in charge of the Avs. You aren't going to get ROR for that POS deal ( a UFA, mediocre defensive prospect and a pick). A deal for ROR will have to include one of Myers, Risto or Zadorov.
Pysyk is not a mediocre prospect in the slightest. His defensive game is excellent (high IQ, active stick), his outlet passing is very good, and his skating is also high level. I see him as a floor top 4 defenseman, and a ceiling #2.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:00 AM
  #38
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
sabrescupbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I fully understand that, but chances are if a team was willing to trade for ROR they would have already figured out what his contract demands are and are ok with it and can get him signed meaning the Avs would still want something of high value back for him.
That's a different story then. If Buffalo's allowed to talk to him and get a deal laid out, them I'm sure they'ed have no problem talking negotiations. But like I said, I see the reason Colorado trades him is because the contract he wants is crazy, otherwise they'd just sign him themselves. A team can't have to many good centers, there's just no such thing.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
  #39
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroxen View Post
So you're in charge of the Avs sonce you know what has to be included? Good job on that post, might get you an most stupid post of the week award.
Well I can assure you, that if you think your getting ROR for table scraps and UFAs, you are even more stupid than me.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
  #40
Bubba Thudd
Random Stranger
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monkey Bars
Posts: 16,869
vCash: 5891
Come on, guys, let's keep it civil.
Nobody here is in charge of the Avs or the Sabres.
It's just a matter of tossing around different options, based on different valuations of the players.
Not like the real GMs are going to agree with any trade, even if we fans did come to the rare agreement.

__________________
Let's Burn Our Villagers To The Ground!
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM
  #41
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 544
Ehfhoff is on the wrong side of 30. I'd like the Avs to target defensemen that are mid 20's in age.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM
  #42
mgeise
Registered User
 
mgeise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Fortunately the guy who proposed that crap deal is not in charge of the Avs. You aren't going to get ROR for that POS deal ( a UFA, mediocre defensive prospect and a pick). A deal for ROR will have to include one of Myers, Risto or Zadorov.
I agree that that deal would be underpayment, but to call Pysyk a "mediocre defensive prospect" is unfair. He's a very, very good prospect and would be the best defensive prospect on teams without the high-end depth on the backend that the Buffalo prospect pool has. I'd argue he'd immediately be the top defensive prospect in the Colorado organization.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:03 AM
  #43
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Pysyk is not a mediocre prospect in the slightest. His defensive game is excellent (high IQ, active stick), his outlet passing is very good, and his skating is also high level. I see him as a floor top 4 defenseman, and a ceiling #2.
Yeah but the Avs aren't looking for a guy with top 4 potential they are looking for a guy with top 2 potential, which is very borderline for Pysyk. He is probably going to be a decent middle pairing guy, not the type of player the Avs would be looking for if they were going to trade ROR.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
  #44
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,189
vCash: 500
If Ehrhoff was 25 years old it might be a different thing but we can't afford to give up O'reilly for someone who is too old to be part of the long term core.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
  #45
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise View Post
I agree that that deal would be underpayment, but to call Pysyk a "mediocre defensive prospect" is unfair. He's a very, very good prospect and would be the best defensive prospect on teams without the high-end depth on the backend that the Buffalo prospect pool has. I'd argue he'd immediately be the top defensive prospect in the Colorado organization.
This probably fair, he is a decent prospect, but the Avs wouldn't be looking for decent they would be looking for higher end if we are talking prospects or an established solid player.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM
  #46
Gaks*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
[ QUOTE=pyroxen;77664111]Thank you, I really needed a giod laugh right now.


On a more serious not, Tim Murry just said he is willing to trade for young players other teams cant/dont want to re sign.[/QUOTE]

The only reason the Avs give away a 22 year old shutdown forward is because they can't resign him. So he will be moved to the highest bidder... of which there will probably be 29 as anyone could use a ROR.

I love Ehrhoff but he's old for our core. Stafford hasn't played well enough to be anything but a cap dump either at this point.

I'd rather be salty and say he went for say a stud winger and a solid d prospect than two old guys and 2nd. Off the top of my head I could say ROR to LA for Toffoli and Forbort. He's proven he can play LW and that's a better deal going forward for the Avs.

Unless you guys are giving up young pieces too I don't think there is a deal here. Because there's no way you'll be the highest bidder... unless you give up Myers!

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:08 AM
  #47
pyroxen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
This probably fair, he is a decent prospect, but the Avs wouldn't be looking for decent they would be looking for higher end if we are talking prospects or an established solid player.
Wait, wasn't he a POS just 5 mins ago?

pyroxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
  #48
Ghost of Dale Hunter
Registered User
 
Ghost of Dale Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike203 View Post
Ehrhoff is untradable due to recapture penalty. It could cost us up to 10 million in cap in 2021 if we trade him and he retires before contract ends. Ehrhoff will retire aa a Sabre.
I don't think a cap penalty hurts a team that is rebuilding and could be flirting with the cap floor.

O'Reilly to Buffalo makes so much sense it hurts.

Ghost of Dale Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:12 AM
  #49
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 500
Draft Ekblad and we can swap

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:12 AM
  #50
Ghost of Dale Hunter
Registered User
 
Ghost of Dale Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
If Ehrhoff was 25 years old it might be a different thing but we can't afford to give up O'reilly for someone who is too old to be part of the long term core.
Are the AVs looking long term or looking cup. It is all about perspective. If Roy thinks Ehrhoff can be a key piece in getting them a cup I don't think he blinks once at the thought of moving him.

I tend to think the Avs are looking bigger.

I could totally see a deal centering around Miller and Erhoff with the Avs looking to make a run.

Ghost of Dale Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.