HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Colorado (O'Reilly)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
  #51
jc17
Registered User
 
jc17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
when you say that

Stafford is underrated.
O'Reilly is overrated

You loose all your credibilty ... stafford...13 points in 41 games and 4M$ per year
For example, in your post Stafford is being underrated.

No, he does not play up to his 4 mil contract, but is a better player than 13 points in 41 games would suggest. Many fans either see his stats or hear Sabres fans complaining about him, and then assume he is terrible, thus underrating him.

jc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:18 AM
  #52
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
[ QUOTE=pyroxen;77664111]Thank you, I really needed a giod laugh right now.


On a more serious not, Tim Murry just said he is willing to trade for young players other teams cant/dont want to re sign.
The only reason the Avs give away a 22 year old shutdown forward is because they can't resign him. So he will be moved to the highest bidder... of which there will probably be 29 as anyone could use a ROR.

[/QUOTE]

You said it all right there. If Colorado doesn't sign him it'll be because ROR wants a ludicrous contract that the Ave's won't give him. The problem is first you have to find a GM that is willing to give a ludicrous contract to ROR. Then you have to find a GM who'll give up valuable assets so they'll be able to sign ROR to a ludicrous contract. That might be a little hard to come by.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:20 AM
  #53
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
Are the AVs looking long term or looking cup. It is all about perspective. If Roy thinks Ehrhoff can be a key piece in getting them a cup I don't think he blinks once at the thought of moving him.

I tend to think the Avs are looking bigger.

I could totally see a deal centering around Miller and Erhoff with the Avs looking to make a run.


I was surprised more avs fans weren't more interested in accquiring Ehrhoff. He is only 31, I think it's pretty realistic to assume you get 4-5 years of very good high end play out of him. As far as Ristolainen or Zadorov for O'Reilly, I'd certainly consider it, but we'd have to have a deal in place with O'Reilly ahead of time. I don't see the avs being interested in Miller though, especially with how well Varlamov has been playing.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
  #54
Gaks*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
The only reason the Avs give away a 22 year old shutdown forward is because they can't resign him. So he will be moved to the highest bidder... of which there will probably be 29 as anyone could use a ROR.
You said it all right there. If Colorado doesn't sign him it'll be because ROR wants a ludicrous contract that the Ave's won't give him. The problem is first you have to find a GM that is willing to give a ludicrous contract to ROR. Then you have to find a GM who'll give up valuable assets so they'll be able to sign ROR to a ludicrous contract. That might be a little hard to come by.[/QUOTE]

People are overreacting imo. I fully expect him to sign a 5.5ish x 7.
He has to get 6.5 the first year but it's still not gonna be a terrible contract.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
  #55
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 7,122
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
Are the AVs looking long term or looking cup. It is all about perspective. If Roy thinks Ehrhoff can be a key piece in getting them a cup I don't think he blinks once at the thought of moving him.

I tend to think the Avs are looking bigger.

I could totally see a deal centering around Miller and Erhoff with the Avs looking to make a run.
The Avs literally have zero interest in Ryan Miller and I most certainly would have zero interest in trading O'Reilly for a 31 year old Ehrhoff.


That's an easy no to that proposal.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
  #56
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
I was surprised more avs fans weren't more interested in accquiring Ehrhoff. He is only 31, I think it's pretty realistic to assume you get 4-5 years of very good high end play out of him. As far as Ristolainen or Zadorov for O'Reilly, I'd certainly consider it, but we'd have to have a deal in place with O'Reilly ahead of time. I don't see the avs being interested in Miller though, especially with how well Varlamov has been playing.
Well. MacKinnon is barely 18.
Duchene will turn 23 in 1.5 weeks.
Landeskog turned 21 in December.
EJ is 25.
Varly is 25.
Even Stastny is only 28.
ROR is 22 as well.

Our core is very young.
If we give up ROR, we should only do it for a similar talent with a similar age that can grow with the team.
The only reason for moving him would be failed contract talks (I hope it does not come to that) and the fact that we can afford to trade him if it shores up our defense for a long long time.

I would want a defenseman in return that is a good bet to turn into atleast a solid #2 D. I am not sure that describes Pysyk.

Ideally I would want Risto but I doubt that the Sabres would go for it. I am not that sold on Zadorov but he would be a good piece as well.

Buffalo has enough somewhat interesting players that could make sense in a ROR deal depending on what our scouts think of the respective players:
Risto, Zadorov,Myers or Pysyk.

You also would have a couple of wing prospects / young players that could make sense if we go for a little more quantity.

If we have to move ROR, I think that BUF could be a good destination.

Oh and there is no way ROR gets 7M. He is a RFA right now.
I expect it to be in the 5.25-6.5M range with the Avs only at most wanting to pay 5.9 M.
We will see how the talks will go.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
  #57
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
You said it all right there. If Colorado doesn't sign him it'll be because ROR wants a ludicrous contract that the Ave's won't give him. The problem is first you have to find a GM that is willing to give a ludicrous contract to ROR. Then you have to find a GM who'll give up valuable assets so they'll be able to sign ROR to a ludicrous contract. That might be a little hard to come by.
People are overreacting imo. I fully expect him to sign a 5.5ish x 7.
He has to get 6.5 the first year but it's still not gonna be a terrible contract.[/QUOTE]

First, that's your opinion. Nobody has any idea what he's looking for in a contract. Second, if he's willing to sign a reasonable contract then this thread doesn't exists because Colorado will sign ROR to a reasonable contract all day long. If they need a good D man there are far better options then trading a 22 yo center with that much talent and potential.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
  #58
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,153
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
"There is no way Clarkson gets 5 million a season long term"- HF.
Look at the kinds of players that get $7m. Hell, O'Reilly isn't even the Avs top player. Duchene just re-signed for less than that. Pietrangelo just re-signed for $6.5m, Couture just re-signed for $6m, Pavelski the same... there's no chance he'll get $7m. Only elite players get that kind of money.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:39 AM
  #59
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroxen View Post
Wait, wasn't he a POS just 5 mins ago?
No, I called the offered deal a POS, not any specific player a POS, maybe you should work on your read comprehension skills. I originally called him a mediocre prospect which wasn't fair as he he a decent prospect, not a high end one but a decent one.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
  #60
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,663
vCash: 500
With Murray being named today, it will be very interesting to see who he deems expendable and who is untouchable.

I doubt Sabres fans have any real handle on where he will take the club moving forward.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
  #61
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Look at the kinds of players that get $7m. Hell, O'Reilly isn't even the Avs top player. Duchene just re-signed for less than that. Pietrangelo just re-signed for $6.5m, Couture just re-signed for $6m, Pavelski the same... there's no chance he'll get $7m. Only elite players get that kind of money.
Hence the reason why Colorado would trade him instead of just resigning him.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
  #62
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,153
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Hence the reason why Colorado would trade him instead of just resigning him.
Yeah, but no team will sign him to $7m per, ESPECIALLY as an RFA. He's not worth that kind of money. Not at all. I don't know why anyone could possibly believe that to be possible.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:58 AM
  #63
jshockeyguy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I would want a defenseman in return that is a good bet to turn into atleast a solid #2 D. I am not sure that describes Pysyk.
This is actually a perfect description for Pysyk.

Larsson (Similar mold to RoR)
Pysyk
2nd

jshockeyguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:01 PM
  #64
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Yeah, but no team will sign him to $7m per, ESPECIALLY as an RFA. He's not worth that kind of money. Not at all. I don't know why anyone could possibly believe that to be possible.
I wouldn't say that. You can never count on a team like Philly throwing out a crazy offer sheet. The chances are it'll never happen but I wouldn't 1000% say that it would never happen. And I just can't believe that if ROR would sign a decent contract that Colorado wouldn't be all over that and just keep him.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
  #65
Freudian
luck paper scissors
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 26,814
vCash: 50
Hard to see a good fit between these teams. Ristolainen is the caliber of player that might intrigue Avs but he's too young for Avs rebuild.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
  #66
bear16
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshockeyguy7 View Post
This is actually a perfect description for Pysyk.

Larsson (Similar mold to RoR)
Pysyk
2nd
I like that trade. Seems fair.

IF the Avs can't re-sign O'Reilly, that'd be a great trade for both teams.

I had Ott (instead of Larsson) in my post because I think COL could really use an agitator like him. Sure Downie took some bad penalties at times, but he also drew his fair share too and threw opposing players off their game. Ott could do the same thing for the Avs. Something that'd be nice to have come playoffs. As for his pending UFA status, COL definitely has enough cap space to re-sign him.

But I guess that was a "POS" proposal, eh?

bear16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:20 PM
  #67
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Would Colorado fans be interested in Ristolainen, Stafford and a 2nd for O'Reilly?

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:24 PM
  #68
bear16
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Would Colorado fans be interested in Ristolainen, Stafford and a 2nd for O'Reilly?
In short, yes.

Stafford, not so much, but definitely Ristolainen.

Again, that's only IF COL can't re-sign O'Reilly.

bear16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
  #69
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Would Colorado fans be interested in Ristolainen, Stafford and a 2nd for O'Reilly?
I'd take that. It's pretty fair, we get a solid top end prospect in Risto, we take a larger contract off your hands that maybe just needs a change of scenery and we get a high 2nd rd pick.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
  #70
jshockeyguy7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear16 View Post
I like that trade. Seems fair.

IF the Avs can't re-sign O'Reilly, that'd be a great trade for both teams.

I had Ott (instead of Larsson) in my post because I think COL could really use an agitator like him. Sure Downie took some bad penalties at times, but he also drew his fair share too and threw opposing players off their game. Ott could do the same thing for the Avs. Something that'd be nice to have come playoffs. As for his pending UFA status, COL definitely has enough cap space to re-sign him.

But I guess that was a "POS" proposal, eh?
Not at all! Just a different option for the forward spot. I don't know if the Avs need an agitator, or someone to step into RoR's role more, and larsson is young enough that he fits into their young core, and can grow with them. Ott to me is worth more to a contender looking for their last piece, not that the Avalanche aren't, but I feel they may still be 1-3 years away.

jshockeyguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
  #71
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
I'm different than most Sabres fans...I see Ernhoff, Zads, Risto and Pysyk all very, very capable top 4 dmen, if not higher, with decent fillers coming up too.

WITH A DEAL IN PLACE WITH ROR...

Myers straight up for him.


ROR addresses so many needs for the Sabres, Myers has been playing much better, etc. Fills needs for both teams, both young, etc.

Makes a ton of sense

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:52 PM
  #72
bear16
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshockeyguy7 View Post
Not at all! Just a different option for the forward spot. I don't know if the Avs need an agitator, or someone to step into RoR's role more, and larsson is young enough that he fits into their young core, and can grow with them. Ott to me is worth more to a contender looking for their last piece, not that the Avalanche aren't, but I feel they may still be 1-3 years away.
I agree that if COL traded O'Reilly, getting someone back that can fill his role would be ideal.

I also agree that the Avs don't NEED an agitator (and Ott would be a perfect final piece for a contender). I just like agitators. Bad penalties aside. I loved Downie as an Av because he also has some underrated offensive skills. He's a great passer.

bear16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
  #73
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
We have Highlander as our agitator when need be.

Chau Vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:09 PM
  #74
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
I'm different than most Sabres fans...I see Ernhoff, Zads, Risto and Pysyk all very, very capable top 4 dmen, if not higher, with decent fillers coming up too.

WITH A DEAL IN PLACE WITH ROR...

Myers straight up for him.


ROR addresses so many needs for the Sabres, Myers has been playing much better, etc. Fills needs for both teams, both young, etc.

Makes a ton of sense
I wouldn't do it. Myers playing well makes him untouchable in my eyes. Not only does he have the talent to be a top defenseman, but he's one of the most unique players in the entire league because of his size and skating.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
  #75
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
I would love something around Ristolainen

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.