HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Colorado (O'Reilly)

Old
01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
ouch

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Wasn't aware of that. I thought he was on his last year of a 5 million dollar deal. If what your saying is the case, he might want 8-8.5. Way to much for my taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

There's no way O'Reilly will cost at least 7m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I wouldn't say that. Not saying he's worth 7 mil but he might want that to sign a contract. He may want less, he may want more, who know's? But from previous experience you pretty much know he's not playing until he get's the contract he wants. It's an awful big gamble when your sending a top pairing D man like Ehrhoff with a huge recapture risk plus draft picks.
Because ROR is an RFA after the season their are qualifying offer rules based on the last years salary which was $6.5M

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
If Ehrhoff was 25 years old it might be a different thing but we can't afford to give up O'reilly for someone who is too old to be part of the long term core.
This, if Ehrhoff was 25 I could get behind something around him and one of the sabres secondary forwards even without "if ryan forces his way out fo colorado for some reason" pre-condition. But unfortunately he's not, and even with his playing style won't be able to man the top pairing for us for much more than 5 more years, and that's just not something you give up a player as awesome as ROR for.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
Are the AVs looking long term or looking cup. It is all about perspective. If Roy thinks Ehrhoff can be a key piece in getting them a cup I don't think he blinks once at the thought of moving him.

I tend to think the Avs are looking bigger.

I could totally see a deal centering around Miller and Erhoff with the Avs looking to make a run.
I think the avs are looking playoffs this year and then to reassess where they are. My guess would be the plan at the moment is to really contend for the cup the season after next once the kids have had two runs in the playoffs to get adjust, the young dmen to grow up some more, and the team to fiddle around in FA if any deals are to be found.

That's why Erhoff's just a little too old to be moved for O'Reilly. I'd totally give up something like our first+Parenteau for Hoff and a 2nd/3rd liner type, but not ROR. The kid is just too valuable to us long term and moving him for a first pairing dman doesn't automatically make us a better team unless it's the right guy with the right fit. And ultimately, I think this team will be much better off holding onto O'Reilly and keeping a great top 9 that kicks ass all over the ice, and making do with a good but not great defensive corps around EJ, Bigras and Barrie.

Granted this is just my impression based of off where this team is, what we've got going, what patty has said and some common sense, but I think Patrick's goal is the playoffs this year, and from there to see what happens, and we're well on our way to taking that third automatic playoff spot from the central.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
The price is Zadorov or Myers + that 2nd. Avs need defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
when you say that

Stafford is underrated.
O'Reilly is overrated

You loose all your credibilty ... stafford...13 points in 41 games and 4M$ per year
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Fortunately the guy who proposed that crap deal is not in charge of the Avs. You aren't going to get ROR for that POS deal ( a UFA, mediocre defensive prospect and a pick). A deal for ROR will have to include one of Myers, Risto or Zadorov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Yeah but the Avs aren't looking for a guy with top 4 potential they are looking for a guy with top 2 potential, which is very borderline for Pysyk. He is probably going to be a decent middle pairing guy, not the type of player the Avs would be looking for if they were going to trade ROR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I would love something around Ristolainen

You will not get Risto, Zads, or Myers for RoR. If I move any of them Im getting back top line talent.

top pairing Dmen >>> 3rd line centers.

It would have to be ROR + to get any of those 3.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:12 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Because ROR is an RFA after the season their are qualifying offer rules based on the last years salary which was $6.5M
And those same rules state that if a team want they can take him to arbitration in lieu of QO and his salary would likely be lowered below 6, and that's if a team decides to get into a pissing match with him again instead of just actually workign on a long term deal.

Quote:
You will not get Risto, Zads, or Myers for RoR. If I move any of them Im getting back top line talent.

...Ryan "first line LW" O'Reilly isn't a top liner?

Might want to pay attention to the past 3 years *thumpsup*

Old
01-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:

You might want to wake up and realize this isn't three/four years ago when O'Reilly was a third line center. He's been the top line left wing all year on the Avs and he's easily capable of being an excellent second line center.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Ekblad, Ristolainen or Zadorov would interest me. Outside of those three, there's no reasonable combination of assets from Buffalo that would make me want to move ROR. We saw last night just how important he is to our team's depth and overall offensive capabilities.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Gaks*

Quote:

Lmfao

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
And those same rules state that if a team want they can take him to arbitration in lieu of QO and his salary would likely be lowered below 6, and that's if a team decides to get into a pissing match with him again instead of just actually workign on a long term deal.

...Ryan "first line LW" O'Reilly isn't a top liner?

Might want to pay attention to the past 3 years *thumpsup*
I dont see it.....hes a 3rd line defensive forward. Buffalo has a bunch of those players.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
I dont see it.....hes a 3rd line defensive forward. Buffalo has a bunch of those players.
How many third liners are on pace for 30 goals and 60 points?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
cgf

Quote:
That's why I suggested you watch or pay attention to ryan's play since his third season when he was our first line C, to this season where he's been our first line LW. Sure Ryan was a 3rd line defensive forward...his rookie and sophomore years...but that was a long time ago and stopped being the case a long time ago.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
While leading all forwards on their team in minutes being leaned on in all situations on a team tied for 6th in the league...I'm guessing there's a lot of them.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
It's actually quite common nowadays.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Avs44

Quote:
A 3rd liner leading the Avs in ice time, 21st in scoring among all left wings, and on pace for ~30 goals and ~60 points.

One must wonder why the Sabres suck so much if they have a bunch of those guys.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 0
Ehrhoff's age is a bit overplayed in this thread. I can't see why he wont have 4-5 very good years and then a few Vet #3/4 level years. Go to the next thread where ROR is not worth a similar 22yr old defenseman who can grow with the team because then the defenseman is still too unproven. Are there even any 22-25yr old top pairing guys available from a team looking for ROR?

Avs fans love for ROR creates and over evaluation of his worth just like it does with other fans and their teams young stars. It has more to do with not wanting to move ROR than it does what he'll return. If he is moved I'd look at the Jordan Staal deal as the guide post.

01-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

People still think ROR is a 3rd line center? Its not like hes been playing on the top line as a winger or anything...leading our forwards in ice time... on pace for 55-60 points...or can be played in ANY situation.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:51 PM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
A 3rd liner leading the Avs in ice time, 21st in scoring among all left wings, and on pace for ~30 goals and ~60 points.

One must wonder why the Sabres suck so much if they have a bunch of those guys.
Not sure if the Avs play more games than all the other teams but ROR is not on pace for 30-30 he is on pace for 27-27. He has 14 goals and 14 assists in 42 games. There are only 82 games in the season.

Anyways....

ROR value is in between where everyone is talking. Sabres fans are under valuing him and Avs fans are over valuing.

ROR on the top line in Buffalo, on the wing. Um we would be stupid not to want him.

What about ROR for Myers?

Sabres are loaded on D for prospects and guys ready to make the jump in the next 18 months. We need a scoring Winger.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:56 PM
sirdigby

Quote:
Maybe watch one Avalanche game before forming an opinion? That usually helps. He leads the team in ice time, he's top five in the NHL in takeaways and he's on pace for 30 goals. I don't think Buffalo has anyone like that.

sirdigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Stop posting. We have no one in our system like ROR.

I would trade Pysyk, 2nd round pick (30th overall) and something else for O'Rielly. His contract situation scares me a bit. He's held out before and he has no reason to take a discount in Buffalo.

Havok89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:

Wait so those 3 are top pairing defensemen?

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Samsonite23

Quote:
That is just...wrong.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:11 PM
walrus

Couple things I noticed in this thread:

(1) Sabres fan who don't know follow Colorado enough to understand how important ROR is to them are making asinine comments about his value. He isn't a third line center. To me, he's a higher scoring, center version of Drew Stafford. He plays important minutes and contributes to the offense, while being defensively sound. I'm not talking about the no-points scoring, current Drew Stafford, but the previous years' version that almost all Sabres fan felt had reached his potential.

(2) Colorado fans aren't being realistic about the drawback of a 22 year old ROR who's making 6.5 million this year, who'll command at least 10% more than that for his QO, who's shown that he's willing to hold out to get the contract that he wants. As a Sabres fan, we just got rid of Vanek's contract, while I understand that we need players to reach the cap minimum, and that ROR is a great player to have on the team, I think that his next contract is almost guaranteed to be one that he's not going to be able to live up to. I get that he's young, and that Jame has a hard on for him, which I don't disagree with, I just don't think his contract situation is one that I want the Sabres to be involved with--at least not in our current rebuilding state, that's without going into the assets it would cost to acquire him.

walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Samsonite23

Quote:
Ekblad, Ristolainen or Zadorov would interest me. Outside of those three, there's no reasonable combination of assets from Buffalo that would make me want to move ROR. We saw last night just how important he is to our team's depth and overall offensive capabilities.
The problem is it would make no sense for Buffalo to do that trade if we're not 100% sure that we could re-sign him.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroIshere View Post
Wait so those 3 are top pairing defensemen?
They all have potential to be. Myers has been in the past, and is playing like a top pairing defenseman right now.

Zadarov and Risto are by no means locks to be top pairing defenseman.

Havok89 is online now   Reply With Quote