HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buffalo - Colorado (O'Reilly)

Old
01-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I dont see it.....hes a 3rd line defensive forward. Buffalo has a bunch of those players.
Ok. In that case I think Avs might be interested in acquiring a fourth liner in Girgensons from Buffalo.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Gaks*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Ok. In that case I think Avs might be interested in acquiring a fourth liner in Girgensons from Buffalo.
I'm not joking when i say I'm not sure he would have played in the show anywhere but Buffalo. He would be and should be in Lake Erie/Rochester.

He's a "leader" though... so he's untouchable unless we're offering ROR + Lil Mac.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaks View Post
I'm not joking when i say I'm not sure he would have played in the show anywhere but Buffalo. He would be and should be in Lake Erie/Rochester.

He's a "leader" though... so he's untouchable unless we're offering ROR + Lil Mac.
Girgensons can play in any teams bottom six. He's solid defensively, and very strong for his age.

Whether the nhl is the best place for his development right now, is a different question.

Personally, I saw no reason to burn a year of his ELC and wanted him to work on his offense in Rochester.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Girgensons can play in any teams bottom six. He's solid defensively, and very strong for his age.

Whether the nhl is the best place for his development right now, is a different question.

Personally, I saw no reason to burn a year of his ELC and wanted him to work on his offense in Rochester.
hes probably one of the three best Sabre forwards right now

Push Dr Tracksuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:36 PM
cybresabre
Mad Magazine Scoutin

vCash: 751
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
How many third liners are on pace for 30 goals and 60 points?
I'm pretty sure our third line is on pace for 30 goals and 60 points.

Let's see... pulling from the GDT lines, that's Foligno-Flynn-Omark
Cumulatively 84 games played this year, 8 goals 10 assists 18 points.
If they each played 82 games... that adds up to 23 goals, 29 assists and rounds up to 53 points.

Of course, you said third liners, but the advantage goes to ROR by himself either way.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 01-10-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: flame
cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
wunderpanda
cooly cough

I'd rather sign Stastny to the Sabres this summer. O'reilly would cost a top prospect and get paid a ridiculous salary, rather just keep our prospects that are still cost controlled.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Tralfamadore
Don't Panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You will not get Risto, Zads, or Myers for RoR. If I move any of them Im getting back top line talent.

top pairing Dmen >>> 3rd line centers.

It would have to be ROR + to get any of those 3.
Cool. But in reality 1st/2nd line centers >>>>>>>>>> prospects.

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Beerz

As long as a long term contract is in order...

I'd offer Myers straight up for ROR.

ROR is one of the few moves I'd be willing to part with Myers for.

Not sure about the timing of it tho... I'd like to leave things status quo until after 2015 season for draft reasons.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
I'd rather sign Stastny to the Sabres this summer. O'reilly would cost a top prospect and get paid a ridiculous salary, rather just keep our prospects that are still cost controlled.
Doubt he will go to UFA. Think Roy is smart enough to trade him at the the deadline plus I think he will be resigning

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Gaks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
As long as a long term contract is in order...

I'd offer Myers straight up for ROR.

ROR is one of the few moves I'd be willing to part with Myers for.
I could live with this. Avs could afford Myers contract... ass as it may be.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Tralfamadore
Don't Panic.

Myers is intriguing and would really help our back end but is he really that good? It seems like he's shown no progress in Buffalo since he won the Calder and he doesn't really impress me when I watch him play. Maybe he just needs a change of scenario?

Old
01-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
It's easy to say "Well, we'll just sign player X" but in reality it's very tough to do. No offense to Sabres fans, but if Stastny wants to be on a contender he won't sign in Buffalo. He's in his prime now. If he wants money then you might have a chance, but you'd certainly have to drastically overpay.

I'd also like to point out Joe Sacco is your assistant coach. I don't think that would go over well with Stastny and would pretty much kill any chance of him signing in Buffalo.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Tralfamadore
Don't Panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
It's easy to say "Well, we'll just sign player X" but in reality it's very tough to do. No offense to Sabres fans, but if Stastny wants to be on a contender he won't sign in Buffalo. He's in his prime now. If he wants money then you might have a chance, but you'd certainly have to drastically overpay.

I'd also like to point out Joe Sacco is your assistant coach. I don't think that would go over well with Stastny and would pretty much kill any chance of him signing in Buffalo.
Well said. Stastny will NOT be signing in Buffalo.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
hes probably one of the three best Sabre forwards right now
That's not saying very much.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

Very good last point. Try and find a former Avs player that was coached by Sacco who would willingly sign with a team that has Joe Sacco employed. The only players that would do that would be Zanon, Hunwick, O'Brien and maybe Jones.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Dunkster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Ill gamble on the recapture for that fleecing, horrible deal for Col
Me to. Plus recapture will not stop Sabres from moving him if the deal is right.

Dunkster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:49 PM
ZeroPT*

I don't want O'rielly . Sure, he's a great player and would be an awesome piece for us but his contract is absolutely ridiculous, the price for him is (rightfully) through the roof and he doesn't add that dynamic aspect we need if I'm moving a Myers/Risto/Zads/Pysyk.. No, stay the course, tank two years, draft near the top for those years, have a UFA fest with pegula $$ in summer 2015, wait for the kids to that the NEXT step, and boom, contender.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:04 AM
sabres81

Honestly looking at Buffalo's roster and the way they want to go, there really isnt a spot for o'reilly unless we get rid of a center or play him on the LW. I see him as an ideal 2nd/3rd line center

sabres81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:08 AM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres81 View Post
Honestly looking at Buffalo's roster and the way they want to go, there really isnt a spot for o'reilly unless we get rid of a center or play him on the LW. I see him as an ideal 2nd/3rd line center
There is most certainly a place for him on the Sabres; he'd instantly be the #1 center on this team. O'Reilly and Hodgson would be the only centers assured of spots down the middle on this team, while Grigorenko and future draft picks are still wild cards at this point. Grigorenko can always be broken in on the wing, as can any future draft picks. To say a great two-way center at 22 years old wouldn't have a spot on a team with maybe two legit top six forwards is pretty ridiculous to say.

We can't count on getting Reinhart and McDavid or Eichel until it actually happens, but it seems like a lot of fans are already penciling them into the Sabres' future lineups. If a fair deal with Pysyk++ for O'Reilly came about, the Sabres would need to listen.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Iracundia

vCash: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise View Post
There is most certainly a place for him on the Sabres; he'd instantly be the #1 center on this team. O'Reilly and Hodgson would be the only centers assured of spots down the middle on this team, while Grigorenko and future draft picks are still wild cards at this point. Grigorenko can always be broken in on the wing, as can any future draft picks. To say a great two-way center at 22 years old wouldn't have a spot on a team with maybe two legit top six forwards is pretty ridiculous to say.

We can't count on getting Reinhart and McDavid or Eichel until it actually happens, but it seems like a lot of fans are already penciling them into the Sabres' future lineups. If a fair deal with Pysyk++ for O'Reilly came about, the Sabres would need to listen.
The Avs are strong on the right side D with EJ on the top pair. Barrie has the PMD spot and has been contributing offensively. I don't see the Avs targeting Pysyk at all with Barrie and Elliot in the fold.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:40 AM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
The Avs are strong on the right side D with EJ on the top pair. Barrie has the PMD spot and has been contributing offensively. I don't see the Avs targeting Pysyk at all with Barrie and Elliot in the fold.
Zadorov is the only high-end prospect on the left side in the organization, though some would argue that Jake McCabe would fit that bill. With Myers, Ristolainen, and Pysyk on the right side, it makes sense that one of them would be moved if anyone of the big four (Myers, Ristolainen, Zadorov, and Pysyk) are moved. Ehrhoff (a lefty) would be available in the right deal, as discussed earlier in the thread.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 04:02 AM
Iracundia

vCash: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise View Post
Zadorov is the only high-end prospect on the left side in the organization, though some would argue that Jake McCabe would fit that bill. With Myers, Ristolainen, and Pysyk on the right side, it makes sense that one of them would be moved if anyone of the big four (Myers, Ristolainen, Zadorov, and Pysyk) are moved. Ehrhoff (a lefty) would be available in the right deal, as discussed earlier in the thread.
I have interest in Ehrhoff but for me it would have to be a picks deal.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 05:52 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

The thing that is underated about O'Reilly is how everyone knows that he is 'good' or 'solid' defensively, whereas I would say he is a difference maker on defence. He is one of the few players in the league that can change games with a defensive play (similar to Datsyuk but not on that level.) A perfect example is the very first goal of the season against the ducks or his OT winner against Carolina last season. This has been happening less this year partially I think because hes been moved to the wing but he is still incredible.
He is on pace for almost 30 goals this year which puts him in top 20 goal scoring left wingers in the league so he isn't just a defensive player ( top 25 goal scorer in centres as well if you want to move him back there.

His work ethic is absolutely incredible which is something that would be good for all the youngsters in your room.

For me this adds up to about a 6 mill player and i reckon he will get somewhere near there. I can see how his contract situation is scary and he made no bones about how he was always trying to get the best deal possible (said that he needs to make the most possible in case of injury)

Personally as an Avs fan I would something around Myers. I'm not sure how hes been doing this season or if hes been rebounding so im not sure what additions need to be made.

AdamCalderHero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:08 AM
cgf
Un-fire Roy

Ryan just keeps improving and blowing past limits people put on him. He's already a simply special defensive player, like datsyuk is the only other guy I watch who can regularly just pick the puck off of the stick of even great players the way ryan can, he's a very intelligent passer and he's got a heavy shot that's becoming more accurate and he's becoming more comfortable firing away with, every season. That's why I won't be surprised one bit when ryan becomes a regular 65-75 point player in his prime.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:37 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
I have interest in Ehrhoff but for me it would have to be a picks deal.
Hoff won't get moved for picks. Recapture risk. Only chance he gets moved is if it's for a player that actually makes that a risk worth taking.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote