Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
EverettMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Please explain
Sizemore is super talented, but beyond injury plagued. Maybe his luck finally changes and you have him dirt cheap when it happens.

Phillies signed Bobby Abreu. Bobby. Abreu. Without access to a time machine.

Old
01-22-2014, 08:04 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Sizemore is super talented, but beyond injury plagued. Maybe his luck finally changes and you have him dirt cheap when it happens.

Phillies signed Bobby Abreu. Bobby. Abreu. Without access to a time machine.
We can't say that for sure, can we?

Old
01-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
if ortiz shares his training regiment and medicine cabinet this could be a great signing.

Old
01-23-2014, 05:40 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

someone will find something wrong with the sizemore contract, i bet. i never doubt this place.

Old
01-23-2014, 06:09 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
someone will find something wrong with the sizemore contract, i bet. i never doubt this place.
Id have loved one of the 2 Dodgers does that count?

Signing Sizemore for nothing when the Yankees wasted stupid money on Ellsbury and Beltran 2 guys just as likely to get hurt is pretty damn sweet and a nice last peice. Just hold off on spending stupid money and make a trade for an OF if injuries dictate someone will become available.

Please no Stephen Screw and let Boegarts play and I'll be pumped for a repeat.

Old
01-23-2014, 07:36 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
The contract is fine, but it's not like Sizemore will earn it on the field. He's beyond fragile. Great move to make it incentive laden though. If he doesn't play, he gets jack. If he does, he gets paid. Solid move by BC.

Old
01-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 3m
with tax less of a consideration, yankees now weighing a run at stephen drew. http://cbsprt.co/1d05fmp

Old
01-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
9 Red Sox prospects crack MLB.com's top 100

2 - Xander Bogaerts, SS
30 - Henry Owens, LHP
33 - Jackie Bradley, OF
46 - Allen Webster, RHP
57 - Garin Cecchini, 3B
61 - Blake Swihart, C
62 - Mookie Betts, 2B
86 - Matt Barnes, RHP
96 - Trey Ball, LHP

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...nt_id=66929504

Old
01-23-2014, 10:19 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
9 Red Sox prospects crack MLB.com's top 100

2 - Xander Bogaerts, SS
30 - Henry Owens, LHP
33 - Jackie Bradley, OF
46 - Allen Webster, RHP
57 - Garin Cecchini, 3B
61 - Blake Swihart, C
62 - Mookie Betts, 2B
86 - Matt Barnes, RHP
96 - Trey Ball, LHP

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...nt_id=66929504
Wow.

Old
01-23-2014, 10:44 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Wow.
Yup.

This might be a little bit over ambitious but Im pretty high on Cecchini. Nothing against Middlebrooks either.

I think about trading Middlebrooks and JBJ and maybe another prospect for Giancarlo Stanton and getting the best HR hitter in the game in our lineup.

Old
01-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshmontMcSlewfoot View Post
Yup.

This might be a little bit over ambitious but Im pretty high on Cecchini. Nothing against Middlebrooks either.

I think about trading Middlebrooks and JBJ and maybe another prospect for Giancarlo Stanton and getting the best HR hitter in the game in our lineup.
They would want them AND Xander. There is no deal without Xander, period. And that's too steep of a price, IMO

Old
01-23-2014, 10:56 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
They would want them AND Xander. There is no deal without Xander, period. And that's too steep of a price, IMO
The sand in their hour glass is running low and they are losing more and more leverage over him. This time next year they will be forced to deal him hes only got 1.5 more seasons max in Miami and doesn't really want to play for them.

Can you see him being a Marlin in 2016? I can't.

They could ask for a signed Lester potentially and get an ace AND 2 big time prospects from us and I think we'd do it.

Middlebrooks replaces his power (Will is a great power hitter for his age) JBJ is a great OF prospect. You have to add (as in 2-3 top 100 prospects or a bonafide starter) but its a good starting point that other teams will have a hard time beating.

We'll never trade Xander. Too good too young. The only question will be how long we stick with him at SS if he struggles. If hes hitting but fielding poorly what do you do send him down for reps or move him to LF and share ABs with Ortiz at DH. Either could be a mistake. So hopefully he plays a good SS.

I think he will be fine.

Old
01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
kman22

Quote:
The sand in their hour glass is running low and they are losing more and more leverage over him. This time next year they will be forced to deal him hes only got 1.5 more seasons max in Miami and doesn't really want to play for them.

Can you see him being a Marlin in 2016? I can't.

They could ask for a signed Lester potentially and get an ace AND 2 big time prospects from us and I think we'd do it.

Middlebrooks replaces his power (Will is a great power hitter for his age) JBJ is a great OF prospect. You have to add (as in 2-3 top 100 prospects or a bonafide starter) but its a good starting point that other teams will have a hard time beating.

We'll never trade Xander. Too good too young. The only question will be how long we stick with him at SS if he struggles. If hes hitting but fielding poorly what do you do send him down for reps or move him to LF and share ABs with Ortiz at DH. Either could be a mistake. So hopefully he plays a good SS.

I think he will be fine.
I think Miami already passed the optimal time to trade him. Teams still want him, obviously, but as he gets closer to free agency and later in the arbitration process, his TRADE value goes down.

The operation they are running in Miami is suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if they botch this in a major way.

Old
01-23-2014, 11:26 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
I think Miami already passed the optimal time to trade him. Teams still want him, obviously, but as he gets closer to free agency and later in the arbitration process, his TRADE value goes down.

The operation they are running in Miami is suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if they botch this in a major way.
Yeah. Agree totally.

The 2 major suitors NYY and LAD have no room for him in their outfields. Those are the teams who can extend him no worries. Everyone else risks losing him via free agency.

Thats why I like us to put together the best package for this guy and resign him.

If he gets hot and they start winning they might not even move him and will let him get to UFA which would suck we won't be top bidder.

Old
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
acr*

Quote:
Yeah. Agree totally.

The 2 major suitors NYY and LAD have no room for him in their outfields. Those are the teams who can extend him no worries. Everyone else risks losing him via free agency.

Thats why I like us to put together the best package for this guy and resign him.

If he gets hot and they start winning they might not even move him and will let him get to UFA which would suck we won't be top bidder.
I'd say the Dodgers are out of it with Puig, Crawford, and one of Kemp/Ethier likely sticking around for years to come. But the Yanks will certainly have a spot for him. Ichiro, Soriano, and Beltran are old and not sticking around forever. They can cut ties with any or all of them next winter and mortgage the farm for Stanton, leaving a scary good OF of Gardner-Ellsbury-Stanton.

I still think he's meant to be a Red Sock. Our OF is going to need a third man, and our lineup is going to need a cornerstone power bat. The fit is almost too perfect. Deal some of our prospects and put him in LF with the Monster, he'd be the next generation's Manny (though not nearly as elite or as crazy).

Old
01-23-2014, 11:45 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I'd say the Dodgers are out of it with Puig, Crawford, and one of Kemp/Ethier likely sticking around for years to come. But the Yanks will certainly have a spot for him. Ichiro, Soriano, and Beltran are old and not sticking around forever. They can cut ties with any or all of them next winter and mortgage the farm for Stanton, leaving a scary good OF of Gardner-Ellsbury-Stanton.

I still think he's meant to be a Red Sock. Our OF is going to need a third man, and our lineup is going to need a cornerstone power bat. The fit is almost too perfect. Deal some of our prospects and put him in LF with the Monster, he'd be the next generation's Manny (though not nearly as elite or as crazy).
Couldn't agree more.

And you can't count out NY but damn I have to think them signing Ellsbury and Beltran takes them out of the running at least until next winter how do they trade for him this year? I mean they let the best contact hitter leave to bring in those scrubs they are a mess they'll surely be in for him this time next year but we have a 1 year window with them out of the running to swing a trade.

Walking away from Screw and Jake the snake should free up enough money to give him any extension he wants if we make a trade.

Short LF at fenway along with hitting behind Pedroia and in front of Ortiz should be enticing enough.

Old
01-24-2014, 05:31 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

stanton is under team control until 2017. i don't think there's a chance he's moved until then.

Old
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM
bp13

This year could easily be one of those seasons where the Yankees spend a ton of money and it doesn't work out for them, but there's no denying they've got the potential to improve dramatically. They've got an outfield of Ells, Gardner, Soriano, Beltran and Ichiro. The infield is pretty mediocre, but there could be a few bats there in Roberts, Jeter, Mccann and Horseface if they stay healthy. Obviously they've got a ton of guys whose health is extremely questionable, but there's some talent there.

Old
01-24-2014, 08:52 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
stanton is under team control until 2017. i don't think there's a chance he's moved until then.
After 2016 season. 3 more years.

His trade value in 2016 is nothing because he'll want to test UFA. But they have to get something. If hes traded during the 2016 season he aint signing an extension even if the Yanks trade for him. Jay Z will be representing him and he'll be going to free agency. A team like the Royals could get him for a few months just as likely as the Dodgers or Yankees. He could go anywhere if he isn't moved until 2016 mid season.

It won't get to that.

He probably moves next winter or before the 2015 deadline for a kings ransom.

If you trade for Stanton before the 2015 season signing him to a 4-5 year deal is not going to be difficult. After that its impossible.

The Marlins will be bad this year its the time to blow their socks off because the bidding will be silly next winter.

Old
01-24-2014, 08:55 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
After 2016 season. 3 more years.

His trade value in 2016 is nothing because he'll want to test UFA. But they have to get something. If hes traded during the 2016 season he aint signing an extension even if the Yanks trade for him. Jay Z will be representing him and he'll be going to free agency. A team like the Royals could get him for a few months just as likely as the Dodgers or Yankees. He could go anywhere if he isn't moved until 2016 mid season.

It won't get to that.

He probably moves next winter or before the 2015 deadline for a kings ransom.

If you trade for Stanton before the 2015 season signing him to a 4-5 year deal is not going to be difficult. After that its impossible.

The Marlins will be bad this year its the time to blow their socks off because the bidding will be silly next winter.
The bidding will be silly the minute the Marlins GM picks up the phone and tells other GM's he's potentially available.

Why would Stanton sign a 4-5 year deal before the 2015 season after seeing what Cano and Ellsbury got this offseason?

Old
01-24-2014, 09:00 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
This year could easily be one of those seasons where the Yankees spend a ton of money and it doesn't work out for them, but there's no denying they've got the potential to improve dramatically. They've got an outfield of Ells, Gardner, Soriano, Beltran and Ichiro. The infield is pretty mediocre, but there could be a few bats there in Roberts, Jeter, Mccann and Horseface if they stay healthy. Obviously they've got a ton of guys whose health is extremely questionable, but there's some talent there.

They lost their best player. I can't beleive they are opening up the check book and let Cano walk. Him leaving NYY is almost as good as the Sox getting him.

If you ask me Tex, Sori, Beltran, Ich, Jeter are like that guy in major league. 'Wish we had him 5 years ago....we had him 5 years ago.' All have seen much much much better days.

Jacoby should be good until his first injury and then who knows. McCann IDK how he'll take to a pressure situation. Some star players lose their luster when they get to a team with other stars.

I see a flop like the recent Blue Jays or Miami dream teams. Again I take Cano over any of them.

Got a good feeling about the yankees sucking fat balls and being a trainwreck.

Old
01-24-2014, 09:40 AM
bp13

Quote:
They lost their best player. I can't beleive they are opening up the check book and let Cano walk. Him leaving NYY is almost as good as the Sox getting him.

If you ask me Tex, Sori, Beltran, Ich, Jeter are like that guy in major league. 'Wish we had him 5 years ago....we had him 5 years ago.' All have seen much much much better days.

Jacoby should be good until his first injury and then who knows. McCann IDK how he'll take to a pressure situation. Some star players lose their luster when they get to a team with other stars.

I see a flop like the recent Blue Jays or Miami dream teams. Again I take Cano over any of them.

Got a good feeling about the yankees sucking fat balls and being a trainwreck.
Can't argue with any of that. However, and I'm not afraid to admit it, but last year when we trotted out the likes of Daniel Nava, Johnny Gomes, and Mike Napoli in key spots in the order on a regular basis, I pretty much viewed that lineup as dog****. In fact, even with a World Series last season, I look at an outfield of Victorino, Bradley and Nava this year and see "injury waiting to happen", "rookie who can't hit for ****" and a "4th outfielder on any real AL team".

I realize I'm wrong, I guess. I guess Johnny Gomes, Daniel Nava, Will Middlebrooks and David Ross are 4-5 guys who can be regulars on World Series teams. It's just that a season ago I'd have bet anything against that possibility.

Old
01-24-2014, 09:44 AM
CDJ*

Sizemore is a heartthrob.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

Middlebrooks, Bradley, and Doubront, plus another prospect or two for Stanton. Then Sox can move Bogaerts to third, and re-sign Drew. Probably not enough; but I can't imagine they will get too much better than that if they wait.

Old
01-24-2014, 05:16 PM
CDJ*

Sox sign lefty reliever Jose Mijares to a MiL deal.

Good depth signing

Closed Thread