HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Reto Berra

Old
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Everytime I've watched the Flames this year and Berra has played he's impressed me. Flames should keep him.

Old
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Fenixx

vCash: 500
Both Ramo and Berra should have an extremely long leash for this season at the least, Let Ortio and Gillies develop properly and see what you have in a year or two

Fenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
He had a really good start to the year. Not sure what's happened recently, but for awhile, he looked good.
If by recently you mean his last game, then you might be onto something. Berra had a great debut, but then came to earth and had some struggles. Since December 1st he has been quite good with the exception of his 1 game in January.

In December he had a 2.08 (if I remember the sportsnet graphic right) GAA and .929 SV%

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:52 PM
DropIt

the Flames should hold on to both.

people can run stats, and they have the right to do so. However both Berea and Ramp have actually been the most consistent spots, While their stats may not show it.

Flames fans get to see the team that continually has been performing in front of them, and I would be amazed if any goalie would have good stats in front of this team.

Let these guys get the games and experience they need, there is nobody worth trading for that would help this team now or in the 2-3 year future.

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:38 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

The goaltending has not been the Flames' issue. berra isn't perfect, but he and Ramo have both done a very good job adapting to North American ice, especially in the last six weeks.

The problem for Calgary has been everything else; the defense has come completely undone, half the forwards look like they're just playing not to get hurt so they can be traded, and when you have both netminders being essentially rookies in the NHL, you get what you get.

Neither are real starters yet, but in a situation where we had a real defense and forwards who felt like backchecking, both could play 41 games and the team would be competitive. It's a position that can certainly be upgraded, and if Burke/new GM goes hard after Hiller this summer I won't be upset. But it's far down the list of pressing concerns facing this team.

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Konstantin Barulin was offered at least 2 real chances, most recently in 2011 by Doug Armstrong, and he just wasn't interested in leaving Russia.
This may be sort of off-topic, as we're discussing Berra... I am, however, aware of Barulin's reluctance to leave Russia, but I was not aware of any serious offer being made to him in 2011.

I do recall about five or six years ago, the Blues were apparently interested in getting him over here, but the hitch was that he supposedly wanted "guaranteed" NHL starts and would not play in the AHL if assigned there.

Considering some of the gems that the Blues have trotted out in goal over the last decade or so, I would have given serious thought to giving Barulin a one-way deal, but for no more than 125% of the "usual" money the Blues pay rookies on their ELC's... with a "handshake" agreement to renegotiate if certain standards were met and exceeded.

He's been one of the best goalies in the RSL/KHL pretty much ever since his draft year in 2003.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:48 PM
ReNeGaDe87
Comfortably Numb

vCash: 1478
perhaps since he cant steal a game for us, he could steal us a pic a nic basket in a trade

ReNeGaDe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:37 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Both Berra and Ramo have been at worst adequate and at best good. Goaltending is far from this teams biggest issue. He might not have much value around the league but Berra hasn't been bad for the Flames. Just not good enough to bail out the team ala Kipper.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Anyone claiming he would pass waivers hasnt watched him. He isnt great but he isnt AHL level bad.

Edmonton and NYI would pick him up in an instant.

His value is probably a 5th.
He can't be worst than Dubnyk

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:47 AM
HDZx

27 years old.

/thread

HDZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:57 AM
stavs*

who?

stavs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopping Pucks View Post
27 years old.

/thread
how about Berra and a 3rd for Neuvirth then WSH uses Berra as a 3rd string goalie cause well that's what he is going to be

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:29 AM
jameswrjobe53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
how about Berra and a 3rd for Neuvirth then WSH uses Berra as a 3rd string goalie cause well that's what he is going to be
I'd do it.

But I'm in the minority who thinks Berra is good.

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Kasparov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
He has a sub .900 sv% in the NHL and is an UFA in the summer. He has no trade value.
The Blues will debate you on that.

Kasparov is offline   Reply With Quote