HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#45 KINGS vs BRUINS 4-2 regulation WIN

Old
01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Model62

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Team was down at the time and he was showing emotion. If it was a king player who was pissed like that I would definitely be ok with it.
OK with taking a swipe at another's guy's head with the stick? When the play is 20 feet ahead?

Marchand's lucky there was no injury on the play.

Granato got suspended for less.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Reclamation Project
Still Gone...

Marchand should be thankful his hand came off his stick. He's a cocky son of a ***** with an ego the size of Boston and not much intelligence.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Marchand should be thankful that he doesn't have a tail

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Well, to be fair, they thought they were getting an all-star puck-moving offensive defenseman they thought could lead the attack from the back end.

As for what Greene is OK with - if his wife wants the $$$ to keep rolling in, she'll get used to the idea of moving elsewhere for a few years.
That said, I can see us offering Green 1 more year while we ease Bodnarchuk in, and wait for Gravel to move up.
I don't think Bodnarchuk has the size to replace Greene, but Gravel does. I'm pretty sure if the Kings don't bring Mitchell and/or Greene back that Dean will be looking to the UFA market to add a big stay-at-home defenseman. I really doubt that Bodnarchuk ever sees much, if any, time in LA unless Martinez is traded.

I could see Dean offering both Mitchell and Greene 1 and 2 year deals respectively at decent money.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The team has lost its way out of the #1 Pacific spot, but I would like to see the Kings bounce back and get the #2 spot and home ice that comes with. We'll need it.
Particularly vs. the Sharks. Home ice will be C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L in the playoffs vs. them and please God have the Blues face Chicago and beat them in an early round.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:14 AM
rajuabju
The One & Only

I'm wondering if Lewis can go the whole season without scoring a goal? That would be pretty sweet.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

5 of the last 6 points, and 4 of the next 6 against the east. Things would seem to be looking up.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 01-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 View Post
Can someone make a gif of Cliffy dropping the gloves from last nights fight? I found it kind of funny how he did it.
Me too--rewound that part several times He looked around a little then looked back and Mighty-Ducks'ed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
I thought the Kings made Chara and Rask look downright pedestrian last night. Perennial Norris candidate Chara was on the ice for two goals against and got badly stripped by Dwight King for another chance. Vezina candidate Rask got cleanly beat twice and dropped big rebounds for a whole period.

Funny how one night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and the board goes crazy about how much they suck and the next night the Kings put on a bunch of shots, control the game, and now the Kings style bothers nobody.
I thought it was fantastic watching that first line really go at Chara. Usually players take a wide path away from him but our size really helped out in not just taking away that advantage but giving it to us.

And as far as the style, think about the opponent. We played functionally the same game vs. a beat up Wild team as we did vs. a stacked Bruins team. I think that is the problem everyone has--we don't win quite a few of the games we 'should.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Marchand should be thankful his hand came off his stick. He's a cocky son of a ***** with an ego the size of Boston and not much intelligence.
In retrospect it wasn't a big deal to me in effect but it was in intent. He's lucky he both took his hand off his stick AND missed with the punch because it would be a whole different ballgame otherwise (especially with player safety's inaccurate focus on "results"). Since Stoll wasn't hurt or really contacted hard by either thing, meh, whatever.

Marchand is getting the Dustin Brown treatment on the main board, though

01-10-2014, 11:39 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I've said it before, trade Greene and keep Amart. Trade Greene in a package for help on LW.
There is zero chance DL will do that...he wants that insurance in case someone on the blueline goes down. We will probably just lose Greene.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Ollie Weeks

You don't trade Greene, he's the perfect injury fill in for the playoff charge. You just don't resign him during the summer.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:52 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'm pretty sure if the Kings don't bring Mitchell and/or Greene back that Dean will be looking to the UFA market to add a big stay-at-home defenseman.

I could see Dean offering both Mitchell and Greene 1 and 2 year deals respectively at decent money.
http://capgeek.com/ufa-finder?position_id=D

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
If we could land Macdonald that would be sweet

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:01 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSentinel View Post
So what you're saying is there's a good possibility we could go
11-9-2 vs West
12-3-0 vs East
If things hold to form, sure. That would give them a total of 107 points, third in the Pacific, sixth or so in the West. And a great chance of getting bounced in the first three rounds

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Random but I hope Voynov gets his **** together soon, his offense has been nearly nonexistent.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
We're spoiled!
Funny that's what I was thinking. I have been watching this team since the mid 70's so with a team this good ( finally) I just sit back and enjoy for the most part. Think of what this site would have been like if it was around all those years of truly sucking.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
If things hold to form, sure. That would give them a total of 107 points, third in the Pacific, sixth or so in the West. And a great chance of getting bounced in the first three rounds
There is a good chance for any team in the west to "get bounced" in the first three weeks. With Stl, Chi, San Jose, the clucks, and us anyone can beat anyone of those five teams as all are very good. The only thing that would surprise me is if one of those five teams does not win the cup this year.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote