HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

5 Calgary Flames trade deadline proposals

Old
01-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
That's why their analysts and not GM's they think they know what's good for teams but they really don't. We have Malone on our team who has plenty of playoff experience and Purcell can play LW if needed. If we're picking up a winger for the playoffs it's one with size and grit which we lack and not small skilled ones.

Plus that offer is a massive overpayment on our part so makes no sense in that regard either.
Connolly alone would be an even swap. I gauge Cammy to be worth a late 1st OR a decent prospect. Not both. He can score and has brought it in the playoffs, but his defensive play sometimes makes me think he'd look great in Oilers silks.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Tuckerw68

Bs don't trade Fraser for a mediocre dman in Calgary let alone add a pick man do you honestly think any of these trades are fair?!

Tuckerw68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:01 AM
will13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Not even close. If you want to talk about the 1st then Reilly or Kadri would need to be included and you'd need to add something. Reinhart and Ekblad are both very real possibilities for us.
Do you mean rielly and or kadri would need to be added to jvr or just a package centered around rielly or kadri? And to get a better grip on value lets say both Reinhart and ekblad are off the board and the flames are picking at 3.

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
Do you mean rielly and or kadri would need to be added to jvr or just a package centered around rielly or kadri? And to get a better grip on value lets say both Reinhart and ekblad are off the board and the flames are picking at 3.
I mean something built around Kadri or Rielly. I'm not a huge JVR guy. The + would need to be your 1st with Kadri. The + would need to be your 2nd+3rd with Rielly. If both Reinhart and Ekblad are off the board it does change things. I like a lot of the other guys, but I think the first two are separated by a fairly wide margin.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerw68 View Post
Bs don't trade Fraser for a mediocre dman in Calgary let alone add a pick man do you honestly think any of these trades are fair?!
I'm not the OP, but I think the ones for Stempniak and Hudler are close.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Tuckerw68

Quote:
I'm not the OP, but I think the ones for Stempniak and Hudler are close.
Those actually aren't too bad

Tuckerw68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:29 AM
will13

Quote:
I mean something built around Kadri or Rielly. I'm not a huge JVR guy. The + would need to be your 1st with Kadri. The + would need to be your 2nd+3rd with Rielly. If both Reinhart and Ekblad are off the board it does change things. I like a lot of the other guys, but I think the first two are separated by a fairly wide margin.
Fair enough. At the rate the leafs are going they are destined to have a top10 pick. If we were picking at 3 I'd want Jared McCann but not for kadri and a 12 overall (ATM) pick. Last year Carolina wanted gardiner and the leafs 21st pick for their 5th overall pick but unfortunately we didn't budge. I'd consider kadri and Stuart Percy/matt Finn though.

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
bbcelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Pretty much the only two guys Calgary needs to keep in their lineup.

Want to talk a PMD in Russell? Most want to resign him, but I think for the right price anyone can have him.
Im not sure, i think we already have a similar player in Gustafsson (age potential contract...). We look for someone with bigger upside or who is already a step ahead of these guys. So i will pass...

bbcelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
Yeah, that one sticks out the most for me, I'd gauge Butler's value around a 5th round pick.
I think the one thing that raises his value is his defense. When he's in his own zone he's great. He was third in blocked shots a few weeks back (I'm still half asleep and can't find the current stats) and for a team that wouldn't mind some depth or help on the PK, he's a good option.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
21JVR*

On a serious note, what would Calgary want for Giordano?

21JVR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:29 PM
MLR2

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcelite View Post
Letīs talk about Giordano and Brodie. What do you want from the flyers?
What would Philly offer for Brodie? Many fans don't want him traded but if the offer was good enough I would definitely move him.

MLR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Devo1212

I want Iginla back on the Flames.

Devo1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21JVR View Post
Minimum of a first a top prospect and a good roster player below the age of 27. He's been that good, has a great contract, and Calgary can live with keeping him.

I would hope that if the Flames were to move him it would be in a bidding war situation that could get quite high.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21JVR View Post
Quite a bit. Complete defenseman, almost made Team Canada. Extremely awesome contract, leadership material. One of the only few bright spots in Calgary this season.

Any trade would immediately have a 1st round pick attached to it, and then build from there.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:56 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo1212 View Post
I want Iginla back on the Flames.

I don't, I love Iggy but that era is past and Calgary's not going to even get close to a cup in the next few years so it would be a disservice to him.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Mike Cammalerri To Tampa for Brett Connoly + Keith Aulie + cond 2nd (if Tampa makes playoffs)
-with young forwards like Panik,Palat,Kucherov and soon to be Drouin and Erne all presumably passing connoly of tampa's depth chart it seems Connoly could benefit from a change of scenary, Flames also get big defenceman that Aulie who was drafted by Calgary and has history with Burke. Flames get the 2nd if Tampa makes the playoffs as well which they look like they are on there way to doing and if they do make it, cammalerri is a dynamite playoff performer so he will help in that regard and if he's put on a line with Stamkos and St.Louis and does well I don't think Tampa would have any trouble resigning him.

Matt Stajan at 2.5 Mil to Chicago for Mark McNeill + 3rd (2nd if Chicago wins the cup)
-flames eat 1 mil in this deal which increases Stajan's value quite a bit IMO because Stajan at 2.5 is a great deal and I think he would do well in chicagos 2C spot playing with better players.

Chris Butler to Boston for Matt Fraser + 3rd
-Boston could really use a defenceman and if they can't do anything bigger than this deal than I think butler could be a good cheap replacement for seidenburg. Obviously butler isn't at Seidenburg's level but he plays a similar game, is great at blocking shots, can throw the body around and like I mentioned is cheap.

Lee Stempniak to LA for Matt Frattin + 3rd
-I think LA could use more offense which stempniak would provide more of than frattin. Flames get back a younger player that has history with Burke.

Jiri Hudler to Carolina for Jiri Tlusty + Victor Rask + Cond 2nd if Carolina makes the playoffs
- it's been rumored Carolina may be looking for an upgrade at forward and Hudler for Tlustly would certainly be that. Hudler has been amazing this season and arguably Calgary's best forward all year with Cammalerri. Flames get back a younger player with Connection to Burke I believe from his toronto days, along with a good C prospect that maybe has become a bit expendable with the Staal's and Lindholm.
If Tampa is looking at a forward from Calgary it would be hudler in my opinion. Cammy is pretty redundant on our team. And at that price, you are insane.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Devourers

Quote:
LOL @ Consider. It's a big overpay for Cammalleri. Highway robbery for Giordano. You don't get a #1 defenseman unless you bleed for it. Giordano is our only vet with big value. Feaster turned down 2 1st rounders, Berra and Cundari for him last year. He's been way better this year. That should give you an idea of what the ask would be.
Actually all that does is give me a better indication of why Feaster was fired.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by will13 View Post
Fair enough. At the rate the leafs are going they are destined to have a top10 pick. If we were picking at 3 I'd want Jared McCann but not for kadri and a 12 overall (ATM) pick. Last year Carolina wanted gardiner and the leafs 21st pick for their 5th overall pick but unfortunately we didn't budge. I'd consider kadri and Stuart Percy/matt Finn though.
That was for a top 2 pick. The price would be less for a 3rd or later pick.

Old
01-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourers View Post
Actually all that does is give me a better indication of why Feaster was fired.
No it gives an indication of what top pairing defensemen are worth. JBo isn't as good as Giordano and he went for a 1st and 2 prospects with a pretty bad cap hit. Giordano makes what a #4 does and is a #1 defenseman. Extremely valuable commodity. Look at what Wideman got as a UFA. He's a 3/4 type of defenseman at best.

Old
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
No it gives an indication of what top pairing defensemen are worth. JBo isn't as good as Giordano and he went for a 1st and 2 prospects with a pretty bad cap hit. Giordano makes what a #4 does and is a #1 defenseman. Extremely valuable commodity. Look at what Wideman got as a UFA. He's a 3/4 type of defenseman at best.
I love Gio as much as the next guy but I think he's best suited as a #3 on most contenders. He can fill in on the top pairing, no problem but he's a better #3. Everyone puts so much stock on 1st but really a 20-30 pick and a 25-30 pick is pretty poor offer for a signed #3. Easy to see why Feaster turned it down, it's just sounds bad when you say 2 1st.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:17 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I agree it's steep. That's why you just don't see top pairing defenders and #1 centers moved very often. It's way too costly to acquire them.
Of course. You're certainly not wrong at all. Its even better when you see hes locked up at 4 million, thats great money for his play.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I love Gio as much as the next guy but I think he's best suited as a #3 on most contenders. He can fill in on the top pairing, no problem but he's a better #3. Everyone puts so much stock on 1st but really a 20-30 pick and a 25-30 pick is pretty poor offer for a signed #3. Easy to see why Feaster turned it down, it's just sounds bad when you say 2 1st.
Ridiculous statement. There aren't 20 defensemen better than him, yet alone 60. He's ideally suited as a #2 on even the very best teams. Chicago is the only team in the league he's maybe not at least the 2nd best defenseman on the team. You have the oddest posts sometimes.

Old
01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Backlund, Giordano, Brodie and Monahan are our current roster players teams would need to overpay for. Backlund is one of the best defensive players in the game IMO. He's consistently top 10 in adv. stats over the past 2-3 years.
You overrate our players so much its annoying.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Ridiculous statement. There aren't 20 defensemen better than him, yet alone 60. He's ideally suited as a #2 on even the very best teams. Chicago is the only team in the league he's maybe not at least the 2nd best defenseman on the team. You have the oddest posts sometimes.
I didn't say there's 60 defensemen better than him, I said he's best suited as a #3 anchor on the second pairing. His offense isn't quite good enough to be a #1 but he's too valuable to put in a position where he's pushed into a defensive role cleaning up for a #1. That makes him the perfect 2nd pairing guy, where his offense and defense can be utilized.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:55 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
As a Flames fan I accept them all except for the Carolina proposal.

I see to much quantity in that offer to consider moving our leading scorer. Not to put down those assets but they do next to nothing for us, and I am certainly not enamored with the upside of either player involved.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote