HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Forsberg??

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan
FWIW, Markus Naslund's agent, Mike Gillis, was just on Mojo radio in Vancouver, and he talked with Arthur Griffiths a little bit about the discussions and thought processes between Naslund, Forsberg, and their respective agents. He indicated that the possibility that they would play together never really came that close to reality, mainly because the only places where it could have happened would have been with non-contending teams, and that the most important thing to both players was that they be with a contender. He stressed their competitiveness a few times. So it seems less and less likely that Forsberg would go to a pretty bad team just because they have a lot of cap space. I know that still leaves open some possibilities, but that's about all I could glean from the interview.
That leaves out the Rangers.

Forsberg is a bit like Orr (yeah I know Forsberg isn't as good as Bobby) at the end of his career in Boston. Bruins fans are still upset that Eagleson sent him to Chicago even though his career fell off a cliff at that point. Colorado has the most reason to risk Forsberg's injury history like Boston had with Orr at that point.

Old
08-03-2005, 02:23 PM
bcrt2000

hmm... Pittsburgh and Columbus are the names that I keep thinking in my head in terms of competitive teams with cap space

Old
08-03-2005, 02:27 PM
fastfeet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance_P
I think Peter Forsberg definitely will only go to a cup contending team. I'm pretty sure theres really only 2 possible destinations for him 1) Back in Colorado, 2)To Vancouver for a lower salary to play with Markus Naslund.

Vancouver a cup contending team?? Since when..Naslund's a softie and Bertuzzi's reputation is tarnished..

Old
08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
London Knights

If Forsberg is only going to sign one year deals, that New York really doesn't seem like a good fit at the moment. New York is far from contending for a Cup right at this moment, they could really improve their chances, but there are better teams with a lot of cap room to offer Forsberg big money to play.

He is debating when to call it a career with the 1 year deals but I just can't see him going to a situation where he potentially misses the playoffs as his final year in the league unless there was a special bond with the team. I just don't see that bond with the Rangers.

At least with the Sundin, Naslund, Colorado type things you had the Swedish connection or the long-time member link to justify the possibility of Forsberg going there, and possibly for cheap in comparison to what he was worth. But overall I just can't see him going to a non-playoff team for no reason.

Old
08-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Slartibartfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfeet
Vancouver a cup contending team?? Since when..Naslund's a softie and Bertuzzi's reputation is tarnished..
Explain to me exactly how a "tarnished reputation" prevents a player/team from contending. Makes no sense.

Old
08-03-2005, 02:43 PM
fastfeet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBClark
Explain to me exactly how a "tarnished reputation" prevents a player/team from contending. Makes no sense.

Confidence my man

Closed Thread