HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
  #26
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrdh View Post
I'd much rather trade Buff than Ladd.

Hansen + Edler for Buff + 3rd?

Assuming Edler waives his NTC (big assumption), he has 3 more years on his deal compared to Buff. If Edler is a worse overall player, does the 3 extra years balance the scale?

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
  #27
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
No thanks. I would rather have Edler.....much rather. Lets just all agree Canucks and Jets have nothing to trade each other.

WPG has Buff to trade, if he is on the block. I think he would interest VAN depending on the price.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
  #28
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Assuming Edler waives his NTC (big assumption), he has 3 more years on his deal compared to Buff. If Edler is a worse overall player, does the 3 extra years balance the scale?
Edler is not a worse player. The Canucks wouldnt even consider this. Bizarre to even type about imo. Whatever.

Even if bizarro world occurred and buff and edler were traded, the jets sure as hell wouldnt get Hansen added in. It would be a straight up trade as the value would be even.

Its funny because a jets fan wants hansen after all the other jets posters were calling him a scrap in the kane trade thread.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM
  #29
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Not a chance. Canucks dont need a poor defensive defensemen. Canucks need scoring. Zero interest in buff.
Thats kind of an oxymoron. The Canucks have no interest in one of the best offensive defenseman in the league because they need more scoring. That said Edler for Buff doesn't really sound that good from a Vancouver stand point. I would much rather do Garrison for Buff and would be much more willing to add to that package because Hansen and Edler for Buff is not fair at all.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
  #30
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
WPG has Buff to trade, if he is on the block. I think he would interest VAN depending on the price.
Oh? And how is that. The Canucks already have 4 highly paid D men. I think it is pretty clear they won't be picking up a 5th. Not to mention the Canuck issues are on the front end not D.

If one uses any common sense whatsoever, one realizes this Edler for Buff crap is more fantasy like then an Edler for Kane.

Everyone here agrees for a trade you must take into account boSth teams needs. And it appears both the jets and Canucks both want more scoring up front.

Thank god this would NEVER happen.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
  #31
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Thats kind of an oxymoron. The Canucks have no interest in one of the best offensive defenseman in the league because they need more scoring. That said Edler for Buff doesn't really sound that good from a Vancouver stand point. I would much rather do Garrison for Buff and would be much more willing to add to that package because Hansen and Edler for Buff is not fair at all.
Canucks will be keeping Garrison, Bieksa, and Hamhuis. Probably will keep Edler to. I wouldnt trade away garrison for buff.

Why are all jets fans try to trade buff away anyway if he is so valuable? Because he is a disaster on defense? Canucks dont need that. Canucks dont WANT that.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  #32
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Canucks will be keeping Garrison, Bieksa, and Hamhuis. Probably will keep Edler to. I wouldnt trade away garrison for buff.

Why are all jets fans try to trade buff away anyway if he is so valuable? Because he is a disaster on defense? Canucks dont need that. Canucks dont WANT that.
For an organizational standpoint knowing how Gillis likes an up tempo team that can move the puck I think Garrison would actually be their first choice to trade. That said none of them seem likely to be traded considering they all have NTC. Hammer and Garry are BC boys who took less to come to us. Bieksa is one of the only x factors this team has. And Edler with all his well documented struggles is the best dman on the team but a decent margin.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:07 PM
  #33
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,581
vCash: 500
I would put buff with the Sedins.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
  #34
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I would put buff with the Sedins.
Buff would be an amazing addition in Van. You could do a lot with him.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
  #35
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Oh? And how is that. The Canucks already have 4 highly paid D men. I think it is pretty clear they won't be picking up a 5th. Not to mention the Canuck issues are on the front end not D.

If one uses any common sense whatsoever, one realizes this Edler for Buff crap is more fantasy like then an Edler for Kane.

Everyone here agrees for a trade you must take into account boSth teams needs. And it appears both the jets and Canucks both want more scoring up front.

Thank god this would NEVER happen.

The Canucks will probably have a 5th Dman making good money very soon: Tanev. That isn't the issue.

The issue is skill set and talent on the right side. The Canucks have their money tied to the left side with Garrison, Hamhuis and Edler. This swap evens their pairings while also evening out WPG's pairings, who have a glut on the opposite side.

Both teams have issues at forward. This trade is not meant to address that, but rather even out the Dpairs. It is possible to address another need via trade correct?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
For an organizational standpoint knowing how Gillis likes an up tempo team that can move the puck I think Garrison would actually be their first choice to trade. That said none of them seem likely to be traded considering they all have NTC. Hammer and Garry are BC boys who took less to come to us. Bieksa is one of the only x factors this team has. And Edler with all his well documented struggles is the best dman on the team but a decent margin.

I could see the logic in sending Garrison instead. However, then VAN has only Hamhuis to be the steadying LHD. Pairing someone with Byfuglien would be difficult afterwards. Unless, they just go with Edler-Byfuglien and let them work it out.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:17 PM
  #36
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The Canucks will probably have a 5th Dman making good money very soon: Tanev. That isn't the issue.

The issue is skill set and talent on the right side. The Canucks have their money tied to the left side with Garrison, Hamhuis and Edler. This swap evens their pairings while also evening out WPG's pairings, who have a glut on the opposite side.

Both teams have issues at forward. This trade is not meant to address that, but rather even out the Dpairs. It is possible to address another need via trade correct?
Correct.

An Edler for buff trade would not happen in real life. Simple really.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:24 PM
  #37
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Correct.

An Edler for buff trade would not happen in real life. Simple really.

Thanks for the reality check. I'll get back to talking about "real life" deals on the HF T&R forums...

Anyway, for those still willing to discuss it, I like the basis for the deal. If both players continue to struggle and Gillis ever actually asks Edler to waive... could get interesting.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
  #38
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The Canucks will probably have a 5th Dman making good money very soon: Tanev. That isn't the issue.

The issue is skill set and talent on the right side. The Canucks have their money tied to the left side with Garrison, Hamhuis and Edler. This swap evens their pairings while also evening out WPG's pairings, who have a glut on the opposite side.

Both teams have issues at forward. This trade is not meant to address that, but rather even out the Dpairs. It is possible to address another need via trade correct?





I could see the logic in sending Garrison instead. However, then VAN has only Hamhuis to be the steadying LHD. Pairing someone with Byfuglien would be difficult afterwards. Unless, they just go with Edler-Byfuglien and let them work it out.
I think it could be worked out quite easily really. Putting Edler back on the left would make his game a lot better too. I'd be ready to give up Garrison and a prospect or pick for Byfuglien.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:35 PM
  #39
Isleswillrise*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Correct.

An Edler for buff trade would not happen in real life. Simple really.
it may not in real life but Bleach is right, it does even out the pairs, and Both Buff and Edler are bad defensively, lets not fool ourselves. Buff may actually be better than Edler offensively

And if Tanev keeps on developing as he has, Buff can be moved to forward, imagine him with the Sedins? Damn i'm salivating at the prospect. talk about an offensive wrecking ball opening up the ice for the Sedins

Anyone who says Edler is great defensively is an imbecile, he never has been anything special on defense, Tanev is already better than Edler ever has been on defense alone

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
  #40
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleswillrise View Post
it may not in real life but Bleach is right, it does even out the pairs, and Both Buff and Edler are bad defensively, lets not fool ourselves. Buff may actually be better than Edler offensively

And if Tanev keeps on developing as he has, Buff can be moved to forward, imagine him with the Sedins? Damn i'm salivating at the prospect.

Anyone who says Edler is great defensively is an imbecile, he never has been anything special on defense, Tanev is already better than Edler ever has been on defense alone
Buf might be better than Edler offensively??? Its pretty clear that he is better offensively. Edler is a more rounded dman and better defensively than buff but I am talking about Edler when he was playing well like two yrs ago when he was on the left side where he belongs

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
  #41
Johnsie19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Buf might be better than Edler offensively??? Its pretty clear that he is better offensively. Edler is a more rounded dman and better defensively than buff but I am talking about Edler when he was playing well like two yrs ago when he was on the left side where he belongs
That said a team with Buf and Garrison on the back end would be absolutely terrible. So slow and immobile. Thus the swap of garry buff rather than elder buff.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
  #42
Isleswillrise*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Buf might be better than Edler offensively??? Its pretty clear that he is better offensively. Edler is a more rounded dman and better defensively than buff but I am talking about Edler when he was playing well like two yrs ago when he was on the left side where he belongs
I dont disagree really, but I dont want to drive Edler's value on these boards any lower, but i acknowledge your point.

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM
  #43
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,772
vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Not a chance. Canucks dont need a poor defensive defensemen. Canucks need scoring. Zero interest in buff.
Thats the one thing that Buff does really really well.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:27 PM
  #44
Tuck61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
Not a chance. Canucks dont need a poor defensive defensemen. Canucks need scoring. Zero interest in buff.
Once again, I have some great video from the playoffs a few years ago when Buff was with Chicago if you need. He pretty well scored at will and gave high paid defensemen on opposition teams too much to handle. Buff can score.

Tuck61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  #45
Isleswillrise*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Thats the one thing that Buff does really really well.
True and while currently Buff for Edler is eminently fair, with maybe a tiny edge to Buff, we cant do it, Basically because Edler's value is at an all time low. We cant afford not to allow him the opportunity to recoup that lost value.

Castle1 is in denial, we readily admit Buff can score, almost at will. but we cannot afford to sell low on Edler.....Either he plays better and restores some value or we're screwed anyway. we sink or swim with Edler


Last edited by Isleswillrise*: 01-10-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:19 PM
  #46
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 894
Winnipeg needs to hit a home run with any trade. That usually means the deadline, when stuff goes crazy. Until then, you aren't going to improve the team with one for one trades.

Byfuglien is attractive to some teams. VCR has a fitness freak coach. He is running norms into the ground, what would a giant cupcake like Buff do here? What's his current weight? Maybe you could auction him off by the pound?

Ladd is a personality. Pass.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:22 PM
  #47
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Thats the one thing that Buff does really really well.
Arent you the one that freaks out everytime some poster tries to get Kane offering you a d man? Because the jets need scoring UP FRONT.

Canucks need scoring up front. They dont need a bad defensive defenseman. And they certainly wont trade edler for buff.

Edler for Kane sure.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
  #48
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleswillrise View Post
True and while currently Buff for Edler is eminently fair, with maybe a tiny edge to Buff, we cant do it, Basically because Edler's value is at an all time low. We cant afford not to allow him the opportunity to recoup that lost value.

Castle1 is in denial, we readily admit Buff can score, almost at will. but we cannot afford to sell low on Edler.....Either he plays better and restores some value or we're screwed anyway. we sink or swim with Edler
Are you an isles fan with that name? Because you dont seem to know much about the Canucks. Edler's value is fine with real GMs. They dont look at 20 games during a weak spell and think a player is crap.....like you and other posters do.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
  #49
Karan20*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
To Van Evander Kane
To Win Chris Tanev, Jannik Hansen, Brendan Gaunce, 3rd round pick 2014

Karan20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:43 PM
  #50
Castle1*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowFan14 View Post
To Van Evander Kane
To Win Chris Tanev, Jannik Hansen, Brendan Gaunce, 3rd round pick 2014
Seriously dude? You just start that account just to cause more issues?

That was two days ago. Jets fans think its a crap proposal.

WONT HAPPEN.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.