HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van-Cal Van-Buff

Old
01-11-2014, 04:31 AM
turkulad

vCash: 500
I think the Gaunce for Ott proposal is a good one for both teams but only makes sense for Vancouver if there is a considerable move/change in the roster that would mean Vancouver's chances of contending this season in particular are considerable.

Thinking a trade that would 1) send Booth out of here to free cap space 2) send one of our D to get a Top6 piece. It would require some serious moving before the TDL so it's highly unlikely, but in that scenario - and only in that scenario - Gaunce for Ott would be perfect. Gaunce is perfect for a Sabres teams that wants to rebuild legitimately but wouldn't mind becoming a respectable team even before they would hit their peak years but the young core they're building, and Gaunce might already be NHL-ready in 2 years.

But going for broke for rentals currently just doesn't make sense.

Think something like Semin for Edler, Booth for whatevs, and THEN Gaunce for Ott.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Semin
Ott-Santorelli-Kassian
Richardson-Dalpe-Hansen
= Makes sense

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli
Ott-Richardson-Kassian
Booth-Dalpe-Hansen
= Doesn't make sense

and I DID go to the Carolina forum and saw people talking about pros/cons of a Semin-Edler swap so don't get me started on that. It's all hypotheticals in the end.

Oh and just say no to a Cammy deal. The team that's gonna pay for him, is gonna pay hard, and I hope it ain't Vancouver.

turkulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:41 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
I think we need to start to get younger not trade all our youth away. When the likes of Shinkaruk, Horvat, Jenson are making significant contributions which is prob 2-3 yrs away the Canucks will start to look really good again. Until then we will simply be a low playoff team is what i suspect.
While each is a good prospect of varying degrees, the odds of all 3 of Shinkruk, Horvat and Jenson all making significant contributions in 2-3 years is pretty slim. That's simply the nature of prospects.

And, by that time, the Sedins will have added on 2-3 more years of regression.

But I certainly agree that the Canucks need to keep getting younger as they retool. If they don't, they may need a complete rebuild in 4 or so years.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:44 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkulad View Post
..... Booth for whatevs......
With Booth being signed for next year, and a likely buyout candidate, why would anyone take on that contract? Booth needs to be added to a good asset to be moved.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
a team can only retain 50%
25 retained

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Beerz

I'd rather take a 2014-2015 1st for Ott instead of Gaunce .

Package it with other assets and move up in draft to get someone you really like.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:46 PM
TacitEndorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowFan14 View Post
To Van Evander Kane
To Win Chris Tanev, Jannik Hansen, Brendan Gaunce, 3rd round pick 2014
Gee, you didn't read that on Twitter, did you?

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I'd rather take a 2014-2015 1st for Ott instead of Gaunce .

Package it with other assets and move up in draft to get someone you really like.
Isn't that draft suppose to be deep and good? a GM isn't giving that up for Ott, I'm not sure a GM gives up a 1st for Ott as a rental.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:46 PM
14s incisor
FOS COrp CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
You know, except none of that is true. Vancouver and Edmonton dislike each other managerial wise, but rivalries are predominantly fanbase oriented. If Toronto was willing to send Sundin to Montreal without an obscene overpayment. I guarantee Calgary and Vancouver could make a trade just fine. Furthermore, by improving Edmonton we could potentially make our chances at the playoffs more difficult. The same is not the case if Calgary traded us Cammalleri because both franchises are heading in opposite directions.
Gillis did hire MacT to coach the AHL affiliate a few years back, so I doubt the two dislike each other.

I know MacT looked pissed about the Schneider thing at the draft, but I doubt it would cause any lasting animosity.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:58 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

I thought MacT and Gillis are good with each other? I think MacT understands why Gillis wasn't trading Schneider to the Oilers but not even to the Oilers but to a team in the West, I doubt that has much meaning in the future between the two and I doubt hey ever make a big trade if any it'll be minor stuff.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Isn't that draft suppose to be deep and good? a GM isn't giving that up for Ott, I'm not sure a GM gives up a 1st for Ott as a rental.
Ott was offered a 1st in 2013 and Darcy turned it down.....

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Isleswillrise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowFan14 View Post
To Van Evander Kane
To Win Chris Tanev, Jannik Hansen, Brendan Gaunce, 3rd round pick 2014
as much as i think Tanev is the real deal, I see nothing that would entice Chevaldayoff to move Kane for that, maybe if it were Chris Tanev, Jannik Hansen, Horvat, 1st rd round pick for Kane & 2nd

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote