HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal and Nashville

Old
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Montreal and Nashville

Let's make something clear: I'd rather keep Subban. But IF (and that's a big IF) things deteriorate between him and the team, he could be made available. The purpose is NOT to discuss who's right or wrong, but rather who would offer what for his services.

Subban is a RFA this summer, coming off a bridge deal paying him $2.875M per season for two years. As we all know, he's won the Norris Trophy last year and he will be suiting up for Team Canada at the Olympics in Sochi next month.

Would the Nashville Predators be interested in this?

TO
  • Shea Weber
  • Zach Budish

TO
  • P.K. Subban
  • Tomas Plekanec

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
ilikeblocks

Preds fan screaming take the deal and run.

Dibs on driving Weber to the airport. I don't have room for Budish.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Let's make something clear: I'd rather keep Subban. But IF (and that's a big IF) things deteriorate between him and the team, he could be made available. The purpose is NOT to discuss who's right or wrong, but rather who would offer what for his services.

Subban is a RFA this summer, coming off a bridge deal paying him $2.875M per season for two years. As we all know, he's won the Norris Trophy last year and he will be suiting up for Team Canada at the Olympics in Sochi next month.

TO
  • Shea Weber
  • Zach Budish

TO
  • P.K. Subban
  • Tomas Plekanec
Not awful value wise, but if we move Weber, it's to get at least one top line forward. Trading Weber for a defenseman centerpiece is just dumb on our part.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:13 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

TO
  • Shea Weber
  • Zach Budish

TO
  • P.K. Subban
  • Tomas Plekanec

No offense intended because I'd love PK on my team, but no. Sorry.

01-10-2014, 09:13 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Not awful value wise, but if we move Weber, it's to get at least one top line forward. Trading Weber for a defenseman centerpiece is just dumb on our part.
Not that I would do the deal but, just that Weber is 28yrs already. PK is a lot younger and I personally like his game all around.

Plekanec, that would fit your need for a forward for Weber primarily?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

This isn't bad but I don't think it is close/convincing enough for the Preds to bite.

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Not that I would do the deal but, just that Weber is 28yrs already. PK is a lot younger and I personally like his game all around.

If we trade Weber, the whole point will be to fix our lack of true scoring forwards. Plekanec is a nice piece, sure, but he won't fix anything. We'd want a Hall/Drouin/Mackinnon/E. Kane type that has true top line potential as a centerpiece.

Old
01-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Except Weber is locked up for the rest of his career and NSH has already paid $25+m on the contract, and PK is an RFA 2 years from UFA status.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:41 PM
predshabs

I noticed other Habs fans having interest in Hornqvist and Wilson. So I counter with this trade offer.

Weber
Wilson
Budish

Subban
Galchenyuk
Collberg

It may not be what you are looking for but it fills our needs a little better because if we are trading Weber we are in re-build mode and would not be needing a player of Plekanecs age.

predshabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:48 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
I noticed other Habs fans having interest in Hornqvist and Wilson. So I counter with this trade offer.

Weber
Wilson
Budish

Subban
Galchenyuk
Collberg

It may not be what you are looking for but it fills our needs a little better because if we are trading Weber we are in re-build mode and would not be needing a player of Plekanecs age.
Nope not a fan of it...

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:53 PM
TT1

terrible deals for montreal, i wouldnt trade subban for weber straight up due the the age difference and weber's contract

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Lebowski

Horrifying deal for Montréal. How could you even come up with that..?

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
Quote:

Weber
Wilson
Budish

Subban
Galchenyuk
Collberg

There is no way Montreal will ever, ever trade their two most gifted offensive players in one trade. Would also be rather terrible from a marketing standpoint.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Gaks*

Quote:
If we trade Weber, the whole point will be to fix our lack of true scoring forwards. Plekanec is a nice piece, sure, but he won't fix anything. We'd want a Hall/Drouin/Mackinnon/E. Kane type that has true top line potential as a centerpiece.
Unless you mean P. Kane then Winnipeg should have to add just a bit lol. Avs don't need Shea, nor would they give up Mackinnon for a 28 year old with a 14 year ****ing contract. But could you imagine Hedman + Weber? Omg...

Tampa has plenty of quality offensive prospects and even Stamkos is only like 24 or so. They don't need Drouin (never made sense they didn't pick Seth Jones). I'd do that trade if I'm Tampa honestly.

Gaks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Ok, with the premise only that the Habs are unwilling to sign Subban, then as a fan I guess I have to accept getting some kind of #1 defenseman for him, wherever we can find that. Be it Weber or somebody else on that level. I'd much rather have Subban. But under the doomsday scenario provided, I'd rather another bona fide #1 defender than 4 1st rounders, for sure.

Totally leave Plekanec out of it though. He's just too important to the team to trade for a young prospect.

I think ultimately this kind of scenario is doomed to failure, though. Teams who already have a #1 d-man they like aren't going to need to pay a "fair price" from the Habs' perspective to get Subban. It's the teams that don't already have that guy who will want Subban the most. So even while the Habs probably need a #1D at some point, it's probably going to be a better trade overall for them to go to the teams that have the biggest need.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 08:24 AM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

Weber's after taking a step back the past yr. or 2 but I doubt Nashville trades him unless they're getting a superstar level player back.

01-11-2014, 08:30 AM
sharks9

Quote:

Weber
Wilson
Budish

Subban
Galchenyuk
Collberg

The only way you'd be getting both Subban and Galchenyuk is if we were getting both of Weber and Jones.

And still it wouldn't make sense for us because we'd end up with an even worse offense than we already have.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 08:40 AM
mrinsane

Weber is a good d-men but PK will be soon better

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
That's a good point. The thing is if the Preds were to trade Weber, it would leave a huge hole on defense and that's where Subban steps in. I guess what I'm saying is even if you had Evander Kane up front, without Weber, the Preds aren't any further ahead in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Ok, with the premise only that the Habs are unwilling to sign Subban, then as a fan I guess I have to accept getting some kind of #1 defenseman for him, wherever we can find that. Be it Weber or somebody else on that level. I'd much rather have Subban. But under the doomsday scenario provided, I'd rather another bona fide #1 defender than 4 1st rounders, for sure.

Totally leave Plekanec out of it though. He's just too important to the team to trade for a young prospect.

I think ultimately this kind of scenario is doomed to failure, though. Teams who already have a #1 d-man they like aren't going to need to pay a "fair price" from the Habs' perspective to get Subban. It's the teams that don't already have that guy who will want Subban the most. So even while the Habs probably need a #1D at some point, it's probably going to be a better trade overall for them to go to the teams that have the biggest need.
And that's the approach I took. The Habs would absolutely need to get a number one defenseman to replace Subban and those are hard to get. I thought of Weber because of the contractual issues he's had with them previously, although it's likely water under the bridge by now.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Predsrule

Nope.. Weber is 28... Not 35.... He's signed for much longer and to belive it or not a good contract. Suban is ufa in 2 years weber in 11... no intrest in the downgrade for a center we already have 2 of.

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
The russian

Replace Budish by Hornqvist and then we can talk about it. But in any case, the interest of both teams for this trade is 0.

The russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Habsfan2731
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

TO
  • Shea Weber
  • Zach Budish

TO
  • P.K. Subban
  • Tomas Plekanec
Not awful from either prospective however from MTL I would not do it, Montreal would be lost without PK Subban & Tomas Plekanec.

Habsfan2731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

What do Preds fans think about Weber after having signed the big contract extension? Are you guys still happy with it?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
That's a good point. The thing is if the Preds were to trade Weber, it would leave a huge hole on defense and that's where Subban steps in. I guess what I'm saying is even if you had Evander Kane up front, without Weber, the Preds aren't any further ahead in my opinion.
The idea would be we trade Weber for a forward centerpiece + more bits. For instance, jumping off E. Kane (just for an example): E. Kane + M. Stuart + 1st + something

Josi-Jones
Stuart-Klein
Ekholm-Ellis

Old
01-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
What do Preds fans think about Weber after having signed the big contract extension? Are you guys still happy with it?
The more time that passes the better the contract is. Most of all the more the cap goes up. He's at fair value now. When cap goes up it will be a steal and we will be paying him less then his cap. Also has no sort of a Ntc so keeps options open at all time. when the hard part of this contract is over it will be one of the best value contracts in the NHL.

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote