Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Questionable Roster Decisions

01-11-2014, 04:50 PM
vCash: 500
Questionable Roster Decisions

Hey guys, I'm not much of a thread maker so take it easy.

But I feel this is a very interesting thought, why did our GM start PMB, Regin, and Carkner out during the season. Why wasn't De Haan, Strome, and more importantly why isn't Lee up for the start? Why did Reinhart make the team but they NEVER even gave him a game? It's like this organization wants to protect these prospects so much after the whole Bailey situation (which I'm sorry, enough is enough, grow up and produce). Maybe Bailey was a bust, maybe he needs a change of scenery, whatever it was Bailey is not Strome nor is he Reinhart.

Every prospect is different, and it just sounds like Snow is more interested in protecting rather than winning. When we need "vets" we don't mean Regin or PMB.

Fast foward to the season and PMB sucks and Regin sucks. So instead of just calling up Strome we made the trade of the season for Vanek. I like the Vanek trade but it was so weird with the timing. Vanek got hurt, Vis gets hurt, Strait gets hurt and the seasons over.

Fast foward to the Strome call up and De Haan call up we turn it around (also the addition of Strait) and this team is playing for something.

Now if you go back to the offseason, instead of making those two foward signings what if we got two defenseman? Maybe just depth guys but still... Would it look any different? Would we be higher if we addressed a need?what if we traded Niño and the equivalent of the Pulock pick for Bernier?

This is not a bash Snow thread, or even a bash TV thread. This is an honest question, if we started out the season with rookies and not these "vets" would it be any different? Even if we never got a goalie. Where would we be right now?

I already know some of you guys are gonna hate this mentality of "rushing the prospects".

Mods, feel free to move this to the speculation thread, I didn't feel it should have been there.

YearlyLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
01-11-2014, 05:45 PM
vCash: 500
Hindsight. Did anyone really expect or predict de Haan to have this type of I pact this year and be so good right away? I would have liked Reinhart on the team but I can't be mad at none of the 3 youngsters starting with the team.

I agree Snow dropped the ball by not getting a legit or better goalie.
Also I wish he would have added a better vet defenseman but it may have been a numbers thing. Next year we can not have Carkner on this team and I would think its time to package some pieces for a legit top4 defenseman.

Pretty much all out D in under contract for next year except Amac who I hope we resign

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote