HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal-Buffalo; Montreal-NYI

Old
01-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Beatnik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
What is offered to Buffalo is not nearly enough to get either Ott or Moulson. They are rebuilding.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:09 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
This is the worst proposal I've seen on these boards in quite a long time... and that's saying something. Guys, he's generous, we get a conditional 2nd!!

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Jester9881
FIRE SNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Guys, he's generous, we get a conditional 2nd!!
And something tells me he intends that to come from the Islanders.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
FamilyGuy716

Buffalo should add it's 1st in 2014 & 2015 for this haul.

FamilyGuy716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
MagnumForce

Hey we do get a conditional 2nd lol

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 02:59 PM
HABSFTW

Buffalo gets basically nothing. I'm not sure trading Max Pac for mostly UFAs is a great idea either.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
GrandmaSlices51631

These proposals are absurd. Okposo > Max Pac at his Best. Not only does Buffalo get shafted, but Isles get a pretty raw deal too. Okposo is well on his way to being an elite player in this league, aside from the fact he has unquestionable chemistry with JT. If you really want some quality forwards offer Subban or don't bother.

GrandmaSlices51631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2731 View Post
To Montreal: Steve Ott (BUF) + Matt Moulson (BUF)

To Buffalo: Daniel Briere + Rene Bourque + Greg Pateryn + 2nd round pick (Conditional)
This is spectacularly bad for the Sabres.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:10 PM
EveryDay

LOL at the Islanders fans in this thread!!!! Patches is worth more then Okposo.... Okposo is only starting producing for the first time since his draft year and the sole reason for this is call TAVARES. Pacioretty is producing even playing with the worst first line center in the NHL.

To the OP, Buffalo got screw big time on your deal.....

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
LOL at the Islanders fans in this thread!!!! Patches is worth more then Okposo.... Okposo is only starting producing for the first time since his draft year and the sole reason for this is call TAVARES. Pacioretty is producing even playing with the worst first line center in the NHL.

Essentially, by saying that KO is only producing because of JT, you are admitting that you just are not watching.
This year, KO has meant about as much to JT as JT has to KO.

I love MaxPac, but isles first line is about the last issue they need to address.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:26 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Essentially, by saying that KO is only producing because of JT, you are admitting that you just are not watching.
This year, KO has meant about as much to JT as JT has to KO.

I love MaxPac, but isles first line is about the last issue they need to address.
That's not what i'm saying, Isles fans in this thread are acting like the OP offer is kind of garbage going the other way while Patches value is probably higher in the NHL.

I don't mind people refusing the offer but please don't trash the other team best offensive player .....

Old
01-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSlices51631 View Post
These proposals are absurd. Okposo > Max Pac at his Best. Not only does Buffalo get shafted, but Isles get a pretty raw deal too. Okposo is well on his way to being an elite player in this league, aside from the fact he has unquestionable chemistry with JT. If you really want some quality forwards offer Subban or don't bother.
That's adorable.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Digable5

I would rather get a prostate exam than see the Sabres make this trade.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:12 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
Just a thought here if Montreal could pull these off I believe it would make us a better team...

To Montreal: Steve Ott (BUF) + Matt Moulson (BUF) + Kyle Okposo (NYI) + Michael Grabner (NYI)

To Buffalo: Daniel Briere + Rene Bourque + Greg Pateryn + 2nd round pick (Conditional)

To NYI: Max Pacioretty + Charles Hudon

I know it seems a little far fetched in the NHL in these days however I believe Montreal could become a much better team if this were the case for the 2014-15 season...

Moulson-Plekanec-Okposo
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Ott-Desharnais-Grabner
Prust-White-Moen

Beaulieu-Subban
Tinordi-Gorges
Markov-Emelin

Price
Budaj

Thoughts? Just speculation on my part.
I'm a Habs fan but this is terrible for BUF & NYI. This seems like a junk for value trade with MTL benefiting the most. The only real value MTL gives up is Patches....the rest is pretty much dead weight save for Hudon who has some value.

CanadiensforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
That's not what i'm saying, Isles fans in this thread are acting like the OP offer is kind of garbage going the other way while Patches value is probably higher in the NHL.

I don't mind people refusing the offer but please don't trash the other team best offensive player .....
He didn't trash a player on another team. You did. You tried to argue that Okposo is basically a scrub, who is carried by JT and can't be mentioned in the same breath as the almighty MaxPac.

The other poster simply argued that Okposo is the superior player. Now, I don't necessarily agree because I think MaxPac is a total stud. But, I believe a legitimate argument could be made in that regard if you ACTUALLY WATCH the player instead of just making uninformed assumptions based on line combos and past performance. And, I don't think the comparison is nearly as ridiculous as you guys are making it out to be.

Okposo has been an absolute beast this year and he is most certainly not been carried by JT - if anything JT's career best first half has more to do with what Okposo has contributed. The puck carrying, the barreling into corners, creating havoc in front of the net, and defense have all allowed JT to play his game. I think JT would probably not be anywhere near the top five in the scoring race if KO was not his winger.

Right now, MaxPac is more proven and should be considered the better asset. But, there is good chance that Okposo goes on to become the more accomplished player, and I think he has probably outplayed MaxPac in the first half.

And, the reason Isles fans are scoffing at this deal is not because we want to trash MaxPac. In fact, we'd all love to have him in NY. We are scoffing because the Isles have FINALLY got a true winger for Tavares and the first line has been one of the few positives for the team this year. Expecting us to break that line up in the hopes of getting a modest upgrade in MaxPac (who may or may not blend with Tavares in the way that Kyle Okposo does) is in fact, ridiculous.

I certainly would not begin to move KO for MaxPac straight up, regardless of how wonderful you guys think MaxPac is.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 01-11-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:45 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Just a thought here if Montreal could pull these off I believe it would make us a better team...

To Montreal: Steve Ott (BUF) + Matt Moulson (BUF) + Kyle Okposo (NYI) + Michael Grabner (NYI)

To NYI: Max Pacioretty + Charles Hudon

I know it seems a little far fetched in the NHL in these days however I believe Montreal could become a much better team if this were the case for the 2014-15 season...

Moulson-Plekanec-Okposo
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Ott-Desharnais-Grabner
Prust-White-Moen

Beaulieu-Subban
Tinordi-Gorges
Markov-Emelin

Price
Budaj

Thoughts? Just speculation on my part.
Montreal makes out like complete bandits.

Buffalo gives up Moulson and Ott for two players with negative value, a mid-level prospect, and a conditional 2nd? Try Briere, Bourque, and your 2014 and 2015 1sts or something of equivalent value to those picks.

I don't think the Islanders make this trade because of how well Okposo fits in their lineup, but the value isn't nearly as bad as it is on Buffalo's end. The Islanders (at best) slightly upgrade from Okposo to Pacioretty while trading a more proven Grabner for Hudon.

mgeise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
He didn't trash a player on another team. You did. You tried to argue that Okposo is basically a scrub, who is carried by JT and can't be mentioned in the same breath as the almighty MaxPac.

The other poster simply argued that Okposo is the superior player. Now, I don't necessarily agree because I think MaxPac is a total stud. But, I believe a legitimate argument could be made in that regard if you ACTUALLY WATCH the player instead of just making uninformed assumptions based on line combos and past performance. And, I don't think the comparison is nearly as ridiculous as you guys are making it out to be.

Okposo has been an absolute beast this year and he is most certainly not been carried by JT - if anything JT's career best first half has more to do with what Okposo has contributed. The puck carrying, the barreling into corners, creating havoc in front of the net, and defense have all allowed JT to play his game. I think JT would probably not be anywhere near the top five in the scoring race if KO was not his winger.

Right now, MaxPac is more proven and should be considered the better asset. But, there is good chance that Okposo goes on to become the more accomplished player, and I think he has probably outplayed MaxPac in the first half.

And, the reason Isles fans are scoffing at this deal is not because we want to trash MaxPac. In fact, we'd all love to have him in NY. We are scoffing because the Isles have FINALLY got a true winger for Tavares and the first line has been one of the few positives for the team this year. Expecting us to break that line up in the hopes of getting a modest upgrade in MaxPac (who may or may not blend with Tavares in the way that Kyle Okposo does) is in fact, ridiculous.

I certainly would not begin to move KO for MaxPac straight up, regardless of how wonderful you guys think MaxPac is.
Fair enough.

Old
01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Isleswillrise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
That's adorable.
Also true, Max is a great player but as of now Okposo is better and cheaper, sorry to burst your delusion but facts are facts. patches has what one 33 goal season? an not even a single 20 goal campaign? at least Isles fans can admit that patches is a great player, but so is Okposo.

when you consider Okposo's cap hit of 2.8M and Pacioretty's 4.5M Okposo blows max away in bang for the buck

Last edited by Isleswillrise*: 01-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 05:03 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:

Even if Paccioretty is better than Okposo … so what? Why would they deal away Okposo when he's playing excellent hockey and has good chemistry with his current line? What's the point? How does that make them better? What do the Islanders care if Okposo is playing well because he's developed or because he's with Tavares? All they care about is that he's playing well, so why would they trade him away?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Dharvey33

you should ask the gms of team usa who isthe better player between okposo and paciorretty. its not even close the isl would jump on this deal Hudon is a very good prospect and paciorretty is worth a lot more than okposo with a career high of 50 points......

Bergevin would be fired in the spot if he traded max for okposo.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 01-11-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: trolling
Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:07 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleswillrise View Post
Also true, Max is a great player but as of now Okposo is better and cheaper, sorry to burst your delusion but facts are facts. patches has what one 33 goal season? an not even a single 20 goal campaign? at least Isles fans can admit that patches is a great player, but so is Okposo.

when you consider Okposo's cap hit of 2.8M and Pacioretty's 4.5M Okposo blows max away in bang for the buck

Did Okposo made Team USA over Patches next month?

Old
01-11-2014, 06:11 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Neither did Bobby Ryan and he definitely better.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
you should ask the gms of team usa who isthe better player between okposo and paciorretty. its not even close the isl would jump on this deal Hudon is a very good prospect and paciorretty is worth a lot more than okposo with a career high of 50 points......

Bergevin would be fired in the spot if he traded max for okposo.
Quote:
Okposo is a near-PPG player. Pacioretty is not.

But let's ignore anything statistical because Patches made Team USA! Rev up those Ottawa-Winnipeg proposals, I'm sure the Senators would be happy to trade Bobby Ryan straight up for Blake Wheeler! I also hear the Penguins are listening on offers for Brooks Orpik, so far Dustin Byfuglien, Keith Yandle, and Erik Johnson have all been offered straight-up but Pittsburgh has been wise to no say because none of those guys are Olympians!

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Dharvey33

okposo is having his first good season since he has been in the league and suddenly he is better than a proven 30 goal scorer that is playing with the fellowship of the ring? yeah right maybe its because you think that that the isl arent making the playoffs anytime soon.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 06:33 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
okposo is having his first good season since he has been in the league and suddenly he is better than a proven 30 goal scorer that is playing with the fellowship of the ring? yeah right maybe its because you think that that the isl arent making the playoffs anytime soon.
After a slow start Okposo had a very good season and playoffs last year (while not on Tavares' line) receiving lots of praise in series against Pittsburgh. He has just continued his high level of play from last year and added on top of it. Right now the Islanders have one of the top 5 1st lines in the league and have won 7 of their last 8. It would take alot more than Pacioretty to pry Okposo from the Islanders.

Also Pacioretty's .63 ppg career average is not alot better than Okposo's .62 ppg career average.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote