HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Jan. 11, 2014| Lightning 6 at Flyers 3

Old
01-12-2014, 01:01 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Flyers definetly deserved a better outcome but they've got away with some lackluster play in some recent games and yesterday we received the short end.

Happens.

But better win tonight. Rangers will be ready for the game.

From what I saw, Vinny played very effective. Created a lot of chances, used his shot frequently and was active in the O.

Still, the Coots line needs to be fixed ASAP. Start with Downie.

The way it looks right now, he'll be the odd man out come next season. B.Schenn and Raffl (even McGinn) were much more effective. Factor in the injury history, it doesn't look any better for him.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

vCash: 500
This lightning team put up 6 on us, without Stamkos... and they have Drouin who will be an impact when he gets to the NHL.

That is a scary thought...

Sniped is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
no hartnell was not good and vinny looked great are you blind ??? he single handedly created so many opportunities nice dekes great passing good shots, did you watch the game or just wanting to be apart of something on here although schenn and simmonds looked good
Hartnell was really neither good nor bad, but at least his line was great, he didn't make any amazing plays but he also didn't do anything horrible. I'm not a big fan or Hartnell's but I am realistic.

Vinny was basically useless, he didn't do anything whatsoever and his line wasn't good. Saying he looked great is either a lie or a show of your lack of common sense. What could you possibly point out that was great? He didn't have any great scoring opportunities, he didn't make any great passes that almost resulted in a goal, and since he was put on that line Couturier has done nothing offensively and hasn't been as good defensively.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-12-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadesofFutility View Post
LOL. Even the best players in hockey make mistakes.
All I can say is that Carle was the 2nd best FA defenseman available after Suter.

We could have retained him but thought Coburn was a better player, why I don't know?

In fact, Carle is better than Streit who we signed to replace him.
Holmgrin has no clue how to build a team ---LOL
Saying Carle was the 2nd best F/A available isn't saying much since defenseman who are actually good usually don't become F/As unless they don't want to stay on their current team.

You may not like how Homer builds teams but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about either so you're in no position to judge.

Old
01-12-2014, 09:25 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Hartnell was really neither good nor bad, but at least his line was great, he didn't make any amazing plays but he also didn't do anything horrible. I'm not a big fan or Hartnell's but I am realistic.

Vinny was basically useless, he didn't do anything whatsoever and his line wasn't good. Saying he looked great is either a lie or a show of your lack of common sense. What could you possibly point out that was great? He didn't have any great scoring opportunities, he didn't make any great passes that almost resulted in a goal, and since he was put on that line Couturier has done nothing offensively and hasn't been as good defensively.

And good try at being witty there, all you did was make yourself look bad.
hartnell looked horrible turnoverers stupid penalty yet again he just took up space, vinmy set up vorachek with a beautiful one timer he took good shots he was a man possessed that game but i guess since he didst score he was useless?

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-12-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Site rule #1
kelmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:01 AM
blinds

Quote:

I don't think we watched the same game. Vinny was all over the ice, he made multiple very nice plays in the offensive zone. He also made a few very nice passes and actually contributed positively on multiple shifts in the defensive zone for what may be the first time at wing. I was surprised he didn't end up with a point, but like you said that line is awful. He looked the most dangerous on the PP, the only one on that unit (besides Stright who had a bad game) who would actually try something with the puck.

As far as Hartnell, I don't remember any bad specific defensive gaffes but I clearly remember multiple great chances being ruined by Hartnell's inability. I believe one was off a Lecavalier feed. It wasn't his worst game, but taking that penalty on Hedman at the end pretty much killed any chance at a late game comeback (like that 2 goal swing we had against TB last time).

On that thought, this team continues to take far too many penalties. Most penalized team in the league, you'd think Berube's "accountability" would have started to address that by now. I imagine we'll get the same tired old cliches and no improvement when the PK starts to stumble.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:17 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
[/B]

I don't think we watched the same game. Vinny was all over the ice, he made multiple very nice plays in the offensive zone. He also made a few very nice passes and actually contributed positively on multiple shifts in the defensive zone for what may be the first time at wing. I was surprised he didn't end up with a point, but like you said that line is awful. He looked the most dangerous on the PP, the only one on that unit (besides Stright who had a bad game) who would actually try something with the puck.

As far as Hartnell, I don't remember any bad specific defensive gaffes but I clearly remember multiple great chances being ruined by Hartnell's inability. I believe one was off a Lecavalier feed. It wasn't his worst game, but taking that penalty on Hedman at the end pretty much killed any chance at a late game comeback (like that 2 goal swing we had against TB last time).

On that thought, this team continues to take far too many penalties. Most penalized team in the league, you'd think Berube's "accountability" would have started to address that by now. I imagine we'll get the same tired old cliches and no improvement when the PK starts to stumble.
THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE ON HERE THAT ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAME, instead of typing some dumb **** trying to make himself look "cool"

kelmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
[/B]

I wasn't impressed with any of Vinnys play yesterday. He had a few shots but most, if not all, of them were slappers right to the logo. He didn't stand out to me at all and I certainly wouldn't say he was "all over the ice". He's been pretty bad for a while now, and even if yesterday wasn't as bad as the rest of his recent games, he should be playing better than inconsistent 3rd liner.

Like I said about Hartnell, he was neither good nor bad. Didn't make an impression on me at all, which is good in my eyes since prior to his current hot streak he'd been sticking out for all the wrong reasons. If he can be quiet and let Schenn and Simmonds keep up their current play then I'm satisfied with that. Basically, to me, Hartnell not horribly screwing up is a good game for him.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE ON HERE THAT ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAME, instead of typing some dumb **** trying to make himself look "cool"
You're not the only one that watched the game, you just don't know what you're seeing or what you're talking about. You should probably go try to contribute on Reddit, their amount of hockey knowledge, common sense, and maturity is more in line with yours.

Old
01-12-2014, 11:45 AM
SuchySays

kelmitchell is a solid user.

he must have just recently bought a Lecavalier jersey or something

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Harold Bingo
what

I'm not looking to add any more fuel to this fire you guys got going here, but in my opinion, Vinny played fine yesterday. One of his better games since returning from injury. And I'd still like to see him on the first PP unit; as successful as it's been of late, Vinny's got a much better shot than Voracek's.

Also, the line of Downie/Couturier/Lecavalier was not good and is a rather odd line combination.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Mike2000z28

It is just nuts how much we miss Read!

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
It is just nuts how much we miss Read!
Yep, the perfect 3rd line player, very good defensively but he still has offensive skills. Also a great linemate for Couturier.

Old
01-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
You're not the only one that watched the game, you just don't know what you're seeing or what you're talking about. You should probably go try to contribute on Reddit, their amount of hockey knowledge, common sense, and maturity is more in line with yours.
Do we really need posts that offer nothing but personal insults? On our own board I mean. Main boards, I'm all for it. To hell with those savages!

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote