HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #46|Sun., Jan. 12, 2014| Flyers at Rangers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
dude were did you get those hi-rez Xrays..

hhahahah
I have my sources

01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Yes we are only trailing 9-2 at ES the last two games.
Because both games had Leighton quality goaltending and the other goalie getting unbelievably lucky. Flyers completely dominated yesterday but today they look like the fact that their goalie is trash is in their heads.

Old
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Get Raffl,with Couts and Vinny with G. Sucks to break up Gs line but need a proper third line.
Not really. Raffl has combined with Giroux and/or Voracek for just two goals since December 19.

Old
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
When you get horrible goaltending in both games that tends to make it look much worse as far as goal totals go.
Yup, two games in a row where we have lost goalie battle by a huge margin.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Haha at that Dubnyk slash on the PK, he's fallen a really long way from last season.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I may be unduly biased against him... was never a fan of him as a skater either!

Saari, Rowley, Appleyard, Dollin, Gravette, Momolu, Campbell, Lavar Mcbride, Muska and Penny all day.

I went to see Dyrdek at a demo and he could not land ****... ofc he is good, but he must have a lot of friggin goes judging off his demo. Went to see Penny, Appleyard and Muska and they landed absolutely everything... it seemed Penny was half way to hell as well while doing it, he looked like he was in a coma.

Yeh, MTV has passed its sellby date, I used to love it.
Would have never guessed you were a skateboarder (which proves that I didn't know Appleyard is a skateboarder). I thought you just grew apples or something. I always got the impression Dyrdek was never that great of a skateboarder relatively speaking and just got semi-famous off of other reasons that I have no clue of. Similar to Bam Margera back when he was relevant with Jackass.

MTV probably has the biggest misnomer for a station name ever. The channel has almost zero to do with music now.

Old
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Get Raffl,with Couts and Vinny with G. Sucks to break up Gs line but need a proper third line.
Having a top line seems more important than a "proper third line".

Old
Damaged Goods

Quote:
When you get horrible goaltending in both games that tends to make it look much worse as far as goal totals go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Because both games had Leighton quality goaltending and the other goalie getting unbelievably lucky. Flyers completely dominated yesterday but today they look like the fact that their goalie is trash is in their heads.

It's not just the goalies.

Old
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This is why I've spent the last several years saying "I don't trust that hip." whenever anyone suggests signing him again.

Let's look at an xray of his hip at the time he was brought back.

Zoom. Enhance.

And there we see the problem. That thing was a bomb waiting to go off. Based on how he's looked this year vs last year, or even at the start of the season, it's safe to assume it's gone off.

what the hell ,omg i can't stop laughing

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

You can't even move Vinny anywhere. He isn't good enough to be on the 1st or 2nd lines RW since both Voracek and Simmonds are playing far better than him and he's not capable of playing LW apparently. So we're stuck with a 3rd line that is incapable of either offense or defense.... nice. On top of that the 4th line is 100% useless, the defense is terrible, and both goalies are playing like complete garbage.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
That's obvious, but you're deflecting here.

Someone said we've done well at ES the last couple of games and posted stats to prove it. You posted goal totals for and against in response as if they negated what he said. We said that weak goaltending and soft goals heavily skews those goals for and against stats and now you're deflecting for some reason.

It's not just the goaltending, but we win last game if we have quality goaltending most likely and we're definitely in the game tonight and yesterday with quality goaltending.

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
It's also the defense and the 3rd and 4th lines, but the goalies have been so unbelievably bad that they stand out more.

Old
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
You can't even move Vinny anywhere. He isn't good enough to be on the 1st or 2nd lines RW since both Voracek and Simmonds are playing far better than him and he's not capable of playing LW apparently. So we're stuck with a 3rd line that is incapable of either offense or defense.... nice. On top of that the 4th line is 100% useless, the defense is terrible, and both goalies are playing like complete garbage.
OMFG!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!????

Its really not a big deal. The Rangers are pretty soft.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Having a top line seems more important than a "proper third line".
Raffl - Giroux - Voracek hasn't been producing like a top line for about 10 games now (which is like 2/3rds of their existence as a line).

Old
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Would have never guessed you were a skateboarder (which proves that I didn't know Appleyard is a skateboarder). I thought you just grew apples or something. I always got the impression Dyrdek was never that great of a skateboarder relatively speaking and just got semi-famous off of other reasons that I have no clue of. Similar to Bam Margera back when he was relevant with Jackass.

MTV probably has the biggest misnomer for a station name ever. The channel has almost zero to do with music now.
West Chester's own!!!

My cousin has met him a few times at a local bar in my area, told me he's funny as hell. (I can only imagine hahaha).

Old
01-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I called out Emery as horrible after about five games of him and called out the Lecavalier signing as terrible as soon as it was signed.

Lo and behold. I know I'm bragging here, but it annoys me that people actually defended that Lecavalier signing when it was made.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
I called out Emery as horrible after about five games of him and called out the Lecavalier signing as terrible as soon as it was signed.

Lo and behold. I know I'm bragging here, but it annoys me that people actually defended that Lecavalier signing when it was made.
And some people are still dumb enough to defend the two of them now.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Garbage Goal

The offense isn't a problem with this team at all. Half the line combinations at forward are a problem, but offensive production itself isn't for this team.

Really weak goaltending, mediocre D throughout the season and on paper, consistently taking too many penalties, as well as bad line combinations and scratches are all way ahead on the list of problems.

Old
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 250
Quote:

I think Dyrdek was like 10x better than Margera, but I know what you mean!

Mark Appleyard the Canadian skater is apparently distantly related according to one of my great aunts, like her cousin went to Canada years ago... duno if it is true though.

I used to skate a lot, a guy I used to skate with from time to time is actually a pro now... but I was always too heavy for my size as I was training for rugby and waterpolo as well as not having enough time... and then I partially tore my ACL and was told by my waterpolo team I was banned from rugby and skating! I ignored them and broke my cheekbone, foot and 6 fingers the first time I got back on the thing! I quit then!

I did grow apples for a while a few years ago... mainly to make my own cider, but it was hard work in a garden while doing a degree!

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Raffl - Giroux - Voracek hasn't been producing like a top line for about 10 games now (which is like 2/3rds of their existence as a line).
Yep, time to turn them back into a top line. Thanks for the service Raffl, go back to the 3rd/4th where you belong.

Quote:

A big part of the problem is how Berube is using him. It's not the whole problem, but having him on Couturier's line facing a shutdown role just makes it so much worse.

Old
Flyerfan4life

PING !

closest thing to a goal were gunna get tonite.

Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 171
That would be a 7-10 split in bowling. Not quite on the replay.

Old
01-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

What was Lundqvist doing there? haha

Old
01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
TheKingPin

Idk I'm ok with this game. We look really good. We are a bottom 4 team that is getting better. For example schenn just looked great there!

Old
01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What was Lundqvist doing there? haha
maintaining his SO ?

(reverse jinx engaged)

Closed Thread