HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Finland Roster Discussion (Part III) (Released, post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2014, 04:10 PM
loudis

vCash: 500
If Ruutu aint in good enough shape to play in 1st line, we should go with:

Filppula- Koivu -Korpikoski Koivu-Korpikoski were deadly together during lockout, and like FiLe said, Koivu can work with only 1 artist. And oh boy how hungry guy like Lauri is going to be when given that kind of opportunity.

MG-OJ-JJ

Komarov? - Konna - JMA Komarov does that dirty work so those two artists can have fun. Has shown that he can contribute offensively this season.

Pilztrm-Barkov-Ruutu ************* i HATE to waste Barkovs talent in 4th line, but he is the best option after Koivu... ****..Atleast give him lots of PP time

PP. Selänne- Koivu - MG
Vats-Timo

Aaltonen- Barkov- Filppula
Kontiola-Määttä

Sorry JJ, but we need two R shooters, and you dont beat any of Koivu, MG, Barkov or Filppula. If Salo is healthy Aaltonen and Konna will switch places and then Sami takes over JMA's spot

Old
01-13-2014, 12:33 AM
The Right Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
However, there was an interview where he mentioned that he intends to build lines based on duos that have worked before
Oh for ****s sake! The past is irrelevant! The games are won in the present and putting Bergenheim and Barkov on the same line is the present.

This team could've had medal potential but Erkka is incompetent as a coach (compared to Jalonen for one) and without a proper system and these "old time" lines we will get beat badly.

Actually I hope we don't win one single game.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Loffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Oh for ****s sake! The past is irrelevant! The games are won in the present and putting Bergenheim and Barkov on the same line is the present.

This team could've had medal potential but Erkka is incompetent as a coach (compared to Jalonen for one) and without a proper system and these "old time" lines we will get beat badly.

This is spot on. Horrible decisions out of the gate. And what follows will be just brutal.

Old
01-13-2014, 01:01 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:

Because you don't agree with our coaching.. yeah, that seems reasonable.

Old
01-13-2014, 01:10 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
This is spot on. Horrible decisions out of the gate. And what follows will be just brutal.
exactly, teams has something like two days time to gelling. in that time you can't create chemistry from point zero, it's impossible.

Old
01-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
Valavuori said on his twitter that he had talked to Sean and that he didn't decline. He simply wasn't offered a spot
The more I think about it, I believe it might have something to do with Sean playing for HIFK last year (during the lockout) and with Kurri also being the GM of Jokerit.
I sincerely hope that isn't true though. That'd be terribly childish by Kurri and the rest of the management. (I'm a Jokerit fan btw
)
Absolutely not. (Even though the finnish hockey scene sometimes looks like kindergarten.)

Old
01-13-2014, 04:26 AM
Gaps

I'm hoping we will know more on Salo's injury today. It's Sami 'Glass' Salo who we're talking about so I'm afraid I don't have much hope. We should know next week if Mikko will recover in time (that's when they'll know when he can skate again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
Valavuori said on his twitter that he had talked to Sean and that he didn't decline. He simply wasn't offered a spot
Was Erkka lying then when he said they couldn't 'make the roles match' in regards to Bergenheim?

Old
01-13-2014, 05:59 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

It's kinda funny. I bet most people here have exactly zero days of coaching experience, yet they rage when a professional coach does not do EXACTLY as they think he should do.

That's not to say a pro coach can't do mistakes or act conservatively and is unable to see things more freshly than a random fan. However, one will never, ever, do anything on purpose that will hurt his team's chances to win.

Let Erkka do his job, and judge his mettle after the games, not before. Could be our team is screwed under him. Could be not. But I'm pretty sure it would be royally screwed if any of us here got to helm it. Yours truly included.

Old
01-13-2014, 10:19 AM
BOB3000

Quote:
Actually I hope you never EVER mention yourself as a fan of the lions! You're hoping we loose every single game becouse you dont agree on the lineup... Jesus christ I should slap your face around!

Old
01-13-2014, 10:31 AM
heksagon

Are people seriously complaining this much already? I mean, not a single game has been played yet.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Yeah, It's like you have coached the eternal underdogs to Olympic silver and WHC medals

You are probably still mad only because Risto is not in the team, and which is right. He isn't as ready as Maatta is.

Bergenheim could be argued, but I trust Erkka as he is one of the most successful Finnish coaches of all time. However Pihlström for example is a better skater and is playing in KHL which is a more fitting option for big ice. Bergenheim has never been that good in national games either.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Gaps

Salo day-to-day for now. They didn't find anything besides a bruise. So he should be fine. But for the sake of this team he should be kept in bubble wrap until our 1st game

Old
01-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:

"We"? You have Iceland's flag in your profile.

Old
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
We also seem to have people from Tokelau and Jamaica in here. Must be some kind of glory hunters.

Old
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
How does the flag change anything? I don't understand when people say "we" referring to Team Finland if they're not part of the team. Still, patriotism/nationality has nothing to do with supporting a sport team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
We also seem to have people from Tokelau and Jamaica in here. Must be some kind of glory hunters.
What?

Old
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
What?
Oh, right. This is the thread for Finland. My bad.

Old
01-13-2014, 03:12 PM
BusQuets

Quote:
How does the flag change anything? I don't understand when people say "we" referring to Team Finland if they're not part of the team. Still, patriotism/nationality has nothing to do with supporting a sport team.
There are many reasons. Finnish people are the ones who are paying their trip to Sotshi. Also it's much easier to write "we" than "Team Finland". Then there are the hundred reasons why people use "we" as referring to their favourite sport team. Not that hard to understand if you actually think about it.

Old
01-13-2014, 04:25 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
There are many reasons. Finnish people are the ones who are paying their trip to Sotshi. Also it's much easier to write "we" than "Team Finland". Then there are the hundred reasons why people use "we" as referring to their favourite sport team. Not that hard to understand if you actually think about it.
Well, I chose my wording badly. I do understand the meaning but it's still the team and the staff that wins or loses. Yes, it's a sentimental thing but I tend to think stuff rationally. I find Team Finland more accurate, that's all.

Old
01-13-2014, 04:59 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

An easy rule of thumb: It's "we" when the team wins, but "Team Finland" when they lose.

Old
01-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
You missed the point. That flag is meant for nationality/ethnicity. There's a Location in your profile if you don't live in your homeland. Of course we have some mukahassuttelijoita from various countries it seems.

Old
01-14-2014, 04:12 AM
BOB3000

BTW, someone knows where I can find pictures of the finnish team? It doesnt need to be this years team.

I want "headphotos" of them wearing the finnish jerseys. Like this picture http://www.hockeycanada.ca/multimedi...tzlaf_ryan.jpg

Old
01-14-2014, 06:29 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB3000 View Post
BTW, someone knows where I can find pictures of the finnish team? It doesnt need to be this years team.
Google image search is your best option.

Of course, you're only bound to find the ones who have actually played for Team Finland at one point or another in the recent years. I doubt any exist for Niemi or Rask for example, at least of them wearing the official major tournament jersey. Unless some age-old ones from junior years. Though come to think of it, all the rest should be relatively easy. Even Sasha's bound to have some junior ones.

Though I suppose some image manipulation could be used for the missing ones.

Old
01-14-2014, 08:20 AM
JJTT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB3000 View Post

I want "headphotos" of them wearing the finnish jerseys. Like this picture http://www.hockeycanada.ca/multimedi...tzlaf_ryan.jpg
http://yle.fi/urheilu/leijonien_sots...ijonat/7014275

Here you go. No finnish jersey's but still has pictures of them.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:31 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Looks like it's his lucky day.

Not because it was easy, but because I wanted to show off what a resourceful basterd I am.

Last edited by FiLe: 01-14-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old
01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Mulletman

So who do you want to center Teemu at the Olympics?

Now that Saku won't be playing, who will center Teemu? I'd like to see either OJ or Barkov center him. Really don't want to see that Granlund kid center him...

Closed Thread