HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg Wants Your Goalie

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2014, 10:28 AM
  #101
staalgood
Registered User
 
staalgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Cam Ward & Jiri Tlusty for Andrew Ladd & Devin Setoguchi?

Ward's best 3 statistical seasons were under Maurice. Tlusty is 25 and has goal scoring potential (just struggling this year). The cap number difference is only $500K this season.

staalgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:30 AM
  #102
RedWingsForPresident
Registered User
 
RedWingsForPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Jimmy Howard for Zach Bogosian (need D right handed shot), Devin Setoguchi (need forward right handed shot) and maybe some picks or prospects involved

RedWingsForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:38 AM
  #103
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Once and if Anaheim signs Hiller, Fasth will become available. He would be cheaper than most starters both salary and how much the trade will cost.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
  #104
SiouxPride
Registered User
 
SiouxPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WINNIPEG!
Country: Canada
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
Jimmy Howard for Zach Bogosian (need D right handed shot), Devin Setoguchi (need forward right handed shot) and maybe some picks or prospects involved
You have got to be kidding ....

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:44 AM
  #105
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
In what world does Reimer fetch Zach Bogosian? Reimer's career sv % is .916, he's not even a sure fire #1.
I like Reimer but come on now... Bogosian is a #2-3 at the age of 23.

If I was the Jet's management, I would be targetting Halak or Fasth/Hiller. A 2nd would probably get it down for one of those 3?

Lindback is probably available
His save percentage is only that low because of a year with concussions that brought him down to 900 that season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Stop overrating your backup goalie. You won't get a top six winger for him. At all. Or a top 4 defenseman. You got Bernier, a goalie with more perceived upside, for a grinder, a prospect and a pick. You'll be lucky to get the same return for an upcoming RFA who hasn't proven he can be a starter, but wants the starters job anyway.
In 2010-2011 he was 12th in save percentage, in 2012-2013 he was 8th, and this season he's 18th and better than such stalwarts as Quick, Howard, Niemi, Halak, Hiller, Smith, Crawford, Holtby.

He's a starter quality goalie who hasn't gotten his due.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:50 AM
  #106
wgknestrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Winnipeg's biggest need is in the net. The current tandem of Pavelec/Montoya isn't cutting it.

Everyone is on the table, but Kane and Scheifele will require overpayment.

Trouba will require gross overpayment.
Call ANA or LA. They have what you need.

wgknestrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:58 AM
  #107
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by staalgood View Post
Cam Ward & Jiri Tlusty for Andrew Ladd & Devin Setoguchi?

Ward's best 3 statistical seasons were under Maurice. Tlusty is 25 and has goal scoring potential (just struggling this year). The cap number difference is only $500K this season.
Yeah, I like this. Maurice would probably love to have Wardo.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:59 AM
  #108
RedWingsForPresident
Registered User
 
RedWingsForPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxPride View Post
You have got to be kidding ....
What's funny about this?

RedWingsForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:00 AM
  #109
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BattleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bushes
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 61
Please take Reimer from Toronto so they will stop trying to pawn him off on Edmonton.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
  #110
Diatomic
#FireCarlyle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleGuy View Post
Please take Reimer from Toronto so they will stop trying to pawn him off on Edmonton.
I don't think Winnipeg would even offer 'future considerations' for Dubnyk

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:03 AM
  #111
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,524
vCash: 314
Thread title should read "Winnipeg wants you to take our goalie".

Nothing is being done about the Jets goaltending situation until Pavelec is gone, and there's almost no chance that he's amnestied. Easily Chevy's biggest mistake as a GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
I don't think Winnipeg would even offer 'future considerations' for Dubnyk
We would offer Pavelec though.

I'm dead serious. I don't think outsiders realize how much Pavelec's contract handcuffs the Jets.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
  #112
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Ladd to Anaheim for Andersen, Souray, 2nd (on or around Draft Day).

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:10 AM
  #113
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BattleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bushes
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
I don't think Winnipeg would even offer 'future considerations' for Dubnyk
Edmonton woudn't expect anything for Dubynk. If is contact wasn't up in 4 months we would probably buy him out. He is better suited as a backup who can step up in an injury situation as needed.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
  #114
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
What's funny about this?
The fact that you thought you could get Bogosian + for Howard I'd assume. That trade wouldn't even happen straight up.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:26 PM
  #115
RedWingsForPresident
Registered User
 
RedWingsForPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsHomer View Post
The fact that you thought you could get Bogosian + for Howard I'd assume. That trade wouldn't even happen straight up.
Because Zach Bogosian is such a top ten defenseman? What are you talking about, besides this off year, Howard would be a great deal for Winnipeg

RedWingsForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:33 PM
  #116
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
Jimmy Howard for Zach Bogosian (need D right handed shot), Devin Setoguchi (need forward right handed shot) and maybe some picks or prospects involved
Hasek in his prime might bring a return like that. Jimmy Howard, not a chance. It's way harder to find guys with top pairing potential like Bogosian than it is to find an average goalie who has had some above average moments.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:37 PM
  #117
barilko05
Registered User
 
barilko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Reimer, Franson, prospect (Ashton, Ryan, Devane)

fer

Bogo + pick (3rd this year/2nd 2015)

barilko05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
  #118
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Stop overrating your backup goalie. You won't get a top six winger for him. At all. Or a top 4 defenseman. You got Bernier, a goalie with more perceived upside, for a grinder, a prospect and a pick. You'll be lucky to get the same return for an upcoming RFA who hasn't proven he can be a starter, but wants the starters job anyway.
This post should be stickied.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:12 PM
  #119
BlueForever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Reimer
Kadri
Gardiner
Ashton
3rd

for

Kane
Bogo

BlueForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:28 PM
  #120
BlueForever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Reimer is not overrated and if Bernier wasnt in town he would be holding his own as he almost did last year single handedly eliminating the Bruins.

Reimer can be a starter in this league on many teams and will be better or at par then the following goalies:

Detroit - Howard/Monster
Chicago - Crawford
Colorado - Giguere/Varlamov
Dallas - Ellis/Lethonen
Florida - Thomas
Tampa Bay - Bishop
Winnipeg - Pavelec/Montoya
Calgary - Ramo
Edmonton - Duby/Bryz
NYI - Poulin
Philly - Mason
Washington - Neuvirth

You guys are telling me the Reimer in any of the situations listed above wont out do what these guys are doing for their respective teams. Give me a break. Some of the teams on this list like Chicago, Detroit, Colorado, Philly or Washington would all rather be going into the playoffs with Reimer other then their goalies.

Others on this list is what have you done for me lately not to mention others that arent even scratching the surface where Reimer has already gotten to. So please give credit where credit is due. Just because the Leafs slapped this guy in the face for doing nothing wrong and blaming management incompetance on him to surround him with defences that some on this list are benefiting from. This guy is and will be a number one goalie some place. give credit where its due.

BlueForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:47 PM
  #121
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleGuy View Post
Please take Reimer from Toronto so they will stop trying to pawn him off on Edmonton.
Please take Gagner from Edmonton so they can stop trying to pawn him of on Toronto.......hey, this is fun!!!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
  #122
SenateReform
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Reimer would return something similar to what Bishop returned last year. Even proven starting goalies rarely return significant roster players since they come with a lot of risk.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:30 PM
  #123
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Why so cheap? A contender giving away a started for a pick? Not even a 1st?
If we could get a first back, sure! But Halak is UFA. If the Blues decide one of two things: 1) Elliott's the playoff starter (he's better than Halak right now, no question); or 2) the Blues make a trade for Miller as a rental.

In either event, it pretty much says we're not re-signing Halak and therefore the Blues would be willing to trade him. Originally we assumed he'd go back in any Miller deal to offset cap, but Sabres fans have gone off the rails in their analysis about what the market for Miller truly is. Taking Halak back, per them, is akin to neutral or negative value. So screw 'em, if giving them Halak in a Miller trade has zero to negative value for them, then we'll gladly trade him to you guys or the Isles for a 2d round pick and then if there's a Miller trade we'll just give up whatever pick/prospect the market dictates for such a rental. As for Halak for a 2d, pretty fair considering it lines up the acquiring team to get a head start in re-signing him and addressing their goalie needs w/o getting into a bidding war on the open market. Halak isn't going to command a bigger cap hit than he has right now either.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:35 PM
  #124
Novacain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If we could get a first back, sure! But Halak is UFA. If the Blues decide one of two things: 1) Elliott's the playoff starter (he's better than Halak right now, no question); or 2) the Blues make a trade for Miller as a rental.

In either event, it pretty much says we're not re-signing Halak and therefore the Blues would be willing to trade him. Originally we assumed he'd go back in any Miller deal to offset cap, but Sabres fans have gone off the rails in their analysis about what the market for Miller truly is. Taking Halak back, per them, is akin to neutral or negative value. So screw 'em, if giving them Halak in a Miller trade has zero to negative value for them, then we'll gladly trade him to you guys or the Isles for a 2d round pick and then if there's a Miller trade we'll just give up whatever pick/prospect the market dictates for such a rental. As for Halak for a 2d, pretty fair considering it lines up the acquiring team to get a head start in re-signing him and addressing their goalie needs w/o getting into a bidding war on the open market. Halak isn't going to command a bigger cap hit than he has right now either.
This, this, and more this. Even if we don't get Miller, I am a-ok with Elliot/Allen come playoff time.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:09 PM
  #125
Obi Wan LaRosie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Yeah, I like this. Maurice would probably love to have Wardo.
From what coach Mo said in his initial presser regarding the team needing to change its focus to play more D, that would be an interesting trade, and it would make sense. I think the Canes would have to add though.

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.