Jan. 13 - Flames at Hurricanes [5:00pm on SNET-W]

Old
01-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanTheMan View Post
Is he wearing the A permanently, though, or just while Cammy is out?
Honestly, does it matter?
He'll keep the A if he keeps playing well.
He'll lose it if he doesn't.

That's the message this organization is sending.
It's that simple.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:14 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I prefer Street on the bottom pairing and Colborne on the wing. Colborne will be much more successful on wing. I also think SOB should play wing. All he can do is skate, hit and shoot. He can't stretch pass, hold the line, or clear the crease.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Discipline Daddy
NHL All star Aucoin

vCash: 500
I posted something akin to this on my GDT, but I wanted to say kudos to the Flames D tonight. I **** you not when I say your defense looked better than almost all the other teams I've seen this year. We couldn't get a decent stretch pass or cross-ice pass in the offensive zone all night, and that absolutely sunk our chances. I know it's a rough season for you guys and yeah - we're having one too though not as bad. Sigh.

Ramo looked solid but this game was more about your sweet systems play, IMO. Hudler unsurprisingly looked solid, as did Backlund. And one of your forwards, I think it was Paul Byron, looked mega fast.

May you finish with a better record than EDM and take #1 overall.

Any thoughts y'all noticed from the Canes? It's doom and gloom in Raleigh and I was curious to hear an outside perspective.

Discipline Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:39 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post
Any thoughts y'all noticed from the Canes? It's doom and gloom in Raleigh and I was curious to hear an outside perspective.
There were shifts where the Canes looked like they were going to take it to the Flames but then the pressure stopped. The Canes looked lifeless tonight to be honest, but to be fair the Flames look better when playing against Eastern teams (except for a game against the Flyers) where the games tend to be a lot closer.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
I posted something akin to this on my GDT, but I wanted to say kudos to the Flames D tonight. I **** you not when I say your defense looked better than almost all the other teams I've seen this year. We couldn't get a decent stretch pass or cross-ice pass in the offensive zone all night, and that absolutely sunk our chances. I know it's a rough season for you guys and yeah - we're having one too though not as bad. Sigh.

Ramo looked solid but this game was more about your sweet systems play, IMO. Hudler unsurprisingly looked solid, as did Backlund. And one of your forwards, I think it was Paul Byron, looked mega fast.

Seemed like an off-game to me. You had your top centre come back in the lineup as well as Tlusty, I don't necessarily think it's that unexpected to have a bit of trouble meshing. That and our team had a really strong performance and played one of our best games.

I don't know why people are panicking after a 5-game win streak.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Baer View Post
Thanks to Anglesmith for the new avatar!

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Bounces R Way
Feaster's Beasters

Quote:

Amen

Khudobin looked good for you guys, as did your 2nd line forwards. Always liked the Canes, ever since they beat the Oil in 06. Really just seem to be a fragile team, could use a shake up like the Jets just did. Don't know if that's a trade or the coach is gone but I think your roster is underachieving, hope you turn it around. Could really use a steady top pair D though..

Bounces R Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesmith View Post
I can see Cammy taking Stajan's if Backs keeps this play up, at least until Glenny gets back (by which time Cammy's likely gone).
Not like Glenx was doing anything this year anyway

Id love to see Backs keep it though.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesmith View Post
You're silent through the whole GDT, and then boom, you drop this nugget and blow us all out of the water.
That's how I roll

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:23 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

That LA-VAN game was boring as ****. I've been working myself up to start gambling on Sports Select. I went 3 for 4 on my predictions. The god damned Flames game is the one I got wrong. Good thing I didn't waste my money.

GOOD WIN NOW YOU ALL KNOW THE POWER OF BACKLUND

Look at him now, haters. Look at him now.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Too bad I missed this one. They actually won... amazing.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Kranix

OT]
was anybody listening to the pregame with Steinberg, when Loubardias said he talked to two trusted hockey people who told him they thought the top players in the 2015 draft weren't even NHL players? Did I hear that right?

Kranix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Feel The Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDuck View Post
OT]
was anybody listening to the pregame with Steinberg, when Loubardias said he talked to two trusted hockey people who told him they thought the top players in the 2015 draft weren't even NHL players? Did I hear that right?
I believe he was talking about 2014. He said it was possible the top picks may not play in the NHL in year one and when was the last time that happened.

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Kranix

Okay thanks, that makes more sense than what I thought I heard. I heard "next year"

Kranix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:10 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Colborne looked great last night, first time i have seen him get physical in a while.

That Byron-Monahan-Colborne line looked fantastic.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Discipline Daddy
NHL All star Aucoin

Thanks for the comments guys. I tend to agree. Canes teams historically have been quick to gain or lose momentum and I think it's ultimately a confidence issue for this core.

Best of luck to you all. I'll be rooting for you guys until we inevitably meet in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Discipline Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote