HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Draft(ees) June 27-28th

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2014, 12:18 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
who else believes this year he will draft a winger? hopefully one that can play left or right
I don't think drafting a center is even that big of a deal, plenty of guys play C in juniors and end up on the wing. I do hope this year they take a chance on someone with a bit more high end offensive ability instead of going for the guy who is more of a safer 2 way player. Then again, they have a pretty good track record in the first round so who knows.

Old
03-14-2014, 12:20 PM
kelmitchell

does anybody know the reason ritchie dropped to 12th when he was suggested to go #3 not to long ago? idk what's the reason or if its an injury or poor play, i haven't done much looking into this draft outside of ekblad reinhart and kasperi

Old
03-14-2014, 12:22 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I don't think drafting a center is even that big of a deal, plenty of guys play C in juniors and end up on the wing. I do hope this year they take a chance on someone with a bit more high end offensive ability instead of going for the guy who is more of a safer 2 way player. Then again, they have a pretty good track record in the first round so who knows.
is there really anyone in this draft that has the more offense upside im not to familiar with the drafters this year in all honesty

Old
03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
does anybody know the reason ritchie dropped to 12th when he was suggested to go #3 not to long ago? idk what's the reason or if its an injury or poor play, i haven't done much looking into this draft outside of ekblad reinhart and kasperi
I don't remember him being projected quite that high.

Old
03-14-2014, 12:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I honestly don't recall him ever being in the discussion for top 3 at any point.

Old
03-14-2014, 12:56 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I don't remember him being projected quite that high.
at the very beginning of year one of the "experts" had him at #3 can't remember his name

Old
03-14-2014, 01:00 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Was this the article?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...nked-prospect/

Old
03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
yes, i believe so

Old
03-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Rolex

Sort of like Anton Karlsson if the Flyers are drafting 15-20. Good size, 6'2"/200# or so. Can play either wing. Has a two way game and can finish. Competent skater.

Old
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
who else believes this year he will draft a winger? hopefully one that can play left or right
Who do they have for high end wing prospects?
depending on where they pick they likely go with the best player on their board. just ignore the ISS rankings. the Flyers have shown their draft lists don't always adhere to to any list like the ISS ranking list.
I really haven't dove into this years draft class yet to see who I would want. I would prefer some help on the wings but it would not shock me if they went defense again.

Old
03-14-2014, 08:05 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
lol i feel dumb i looked over that last list like 6 times and never saw his name lol
Ctrl + F is your friend in these cases.

Old
03-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Broad Street Elite

Definitely want BPA, but it would be really nice to get a couple offensively oriented players out of the draft whether forwards or an offensive D-man. Nothing wrong with two-way players, but we have a lot of tremendous, young bottom six potential and definitely could use a few players with a goal-scoring touch or strong offensive skills.

Old
03-15-2014, 08:42 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Ritchie has a bit of an injury history, he's had concussion problems and also hurt his shoulder at one point. I noticed he's dropped and if Philly picks around there and he's available I'd be jumping all over that. The guy is a beast out there, 6'3" and I believe over 230. Nice soft hands, great shot, physical, good skater, he does take the odd shift off but who doesn't? If he can be healthy he can be a Lucic-type player in the NHL. He'd look nice playing with Giroux and Voracek in a couple of years.

I know we need a #1 Dman, but we also have to get a legit first line LWer.

Old
03-15-2014, 08:47 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Definitely want BPA, but it would be really nice to get a couple offensively oriented players out of the draft whether forwards or an offensive D-man. Nothing wrong with two-way players, but we have a lot of tremendous, young bottom six potential and definitely could use a few players with a goal-scoring touch or strong offensive skills.
So could the rest of the league.

That's why they go top 10.

Old
03-15-2014, 08:47 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Taking shifts off uh.. wat.

Old
03-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Prongo
Beer

We all want to find a player that will be playing with Giroux, but how realistic is that? That most likely comes through trade so we have someone immediate to help make an impact. If we draft a LWer he won't be in the NHL next year most likely and the following year he could make 3/4th line duties. The Flyers don't like to rush prospects right into the fire of 1st line duty. So really if we draft a Lwer, the most likely scenario is he won't be contributing on the top line for 3/4 years. Go BPA all the time. I still like Ehlers because he has elite speed. Also maybe the German falls. Ya never know with teams draft boards.

Old
03-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
Sort of like Anton Karlsson if the Flyers are drafting 15-20. Good size, 6'2"/200# or so. Can play either wing. Has a two way game and can finish. Competent skater.
I like him too, a good skater and hitter. He had a couple of really good games in WJC this year. I think Anton is a guy who would fit very good in the Flyers organization!

Old
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
We all want to find a player that will be playing with Giroux, but how realistic is that? That most likely comes through trade so we have someone immediate to help make an impact. If we draft a LWer he won't be in the NHL next year most likely and the following year he could make 3/4th line duties. The Flyers don't like to rush prospects right into the fire of 1st line duty. So really if we draft a Lwer, the most likely scenario is he won't be contributing on the top line for 3/4 years. Go BPA all the time. I still like Ehlers because he has elite speed. Also maybe the German falls. Ya never know with teams draft boards.

This isn't supposed to be a "great" draft. Depending on where the Flyers pick (obviously) IF Ritchie is available later than 10th I think about taking him. The thing with him is he's not your average 18 year old physically...he's already bigger than most NHLers. That may speed up the process when it comes to being NHL ready.

Old
03-15-2014, 01:47 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
Ritchie has a bit of an injury history, he's had concussion problems and also hurt his shoulder at one point. I noticed he's dropped and if Philly picks around there and he's available I'd be jumping all over that. The guy is a beast out there, 6'3" and I believe over 230. Nice soft hands, great shot, physical, good skater, he does take the odd shift off but who doesn't? If he can be healthy he can be a Lucic-type player in the NHL. He'd look nice playing with Giroux and Voracek in a couple of years.

I know we need a #1 Dman, but we also have to get a legit first line LWer.
well i hope he falls to us lol we need a good lw he sounds like someone that'd really help giroux and vorachek if he uses that size and hands right

Old
03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Ritchie's also a late birthday meaning he'll be eligible to play in the AHL after the 2014-2015 season.

Old
03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Jtown

These players would be sweet to get and imo may be worth trading up for to get.

Alex Tuch
Haydn Fleury
Kapanen

Also, Anthony DeAngelo has gone off the rails in the OHL and may slip in the draft despite being a first round talent.

If we could come out of this draft with Tuch and DeAngelo in the first 2 rounds I would be ecstatic.

Old
03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Where is Draisatl expected to go? no chance he falls?

Old
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Where is Draisatl expected to go? no chance he falls?
Likely top 10.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:00 PM
sjci

vCash: 650
Hey guys, wondering if you've heard anything about possible tickets to the draft?

Old
03-18-2014, 12:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Hey guys, wondering if you've heard anything about possible tickets to the draft?
There will be a lottery IIRC and tickets are free. Someone with more info please feel free to correct me. Haha.

Closed Thread