HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Draft(ees) June 27-28th

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2014, 11:07 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Doesn't seem like a goalie the Flyers would target.
I agree, too small. But I wouldn't mind taking him later in the draft if he falls.

Old
04-09-2014, 11:14 AM
kelmitchell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Considering their ranking, I would think it may be tough to get them, but who knows.
no sir all we gotta do is pull a penguins lmao

Old
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
I agree, too small. But I wouldn't mind taking him later in the draft if he falls.
who knows he could be like artis irbe

Old
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Still holding out hope that the Flyers end up drafting Roland McKeown. Right handed shot, can skate like the wind and plays bigger than his size (although it should be noted that he's currently six feet and three quarter inches tall and 186 pounds, so he's not really that small). He'd make a great addition to the defense pipeline and seeing as to how the draft is deep in wingers this year, there's a very good chance the Flyers could add a good winger in round 2 (Spencer Watson, Brandon Lemieux, Eric Cornel). Or maybe they get real lucky and add another defender like Travis Sanheim.

Old
04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Still holding out hope that the Flyers end up drafting Roland McKeown. Right handed shot, can skate like the wind and plays bigger than his size (although it should be noted that he's currently six feet and three quarter inches tall and 186 pounds, so he's not really that small). He'd make a great addition to the defense pipeline and seeing as to how the draft is deep in wingers this year, there's a very good chance the Flyers could add a good winger in round 2 (Spencer Watson, Brandon Lemieux, Eric Cornel). Or maybe they get real lucky and add another defender like Travis Sanheim.
i agree i have been watching him play and if we add him to our prospects we could have the best defense in the league in 4-5 years

Old
04-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Lemieux is going in the first and i think the flyers will be one of the teams interested in drafting him.

Old
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Lemieux is going in the first and i think the flyers will be one of the teams interested in drafting him.
It's possible, especially when you consider players rise and fall on draft day.

Old
04-09-2014, 12:00 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
A couple good Russians will likely be available for our pick. Goldobin from Sarnia and Barbashev from Moncton, both wingers. Wouldn't mind grabbing either one.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:07 PM
sharpeye97

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
A couple good Russians will likely be available for our pick. Goldobin from Sarnia and Barbashev from Moncton, both wingers. Wouldn't mind grabbing either one.
Flyers don't tend to draft Russians, they much prefer NA players a majority of the time along with Europeans. But I believe the will be taking a NA player.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeye97 View Post
Flyers don't tend to draft Russians, they much prefer NA players a majority of the time along with Europeans. But I believe the will be taking a NA player.
Yes but both are playing here in NA, so I wouldn't completely rule it out especially in Barbashev's case. He's a well rounded player who plays a hard nose type of game to go along with his big body something the Flyers tend to like.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old
04-09-2014, 02:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I am one that likes to go the BPA route but I do think this team needs to start taking a look at wingers. I know we need defense but we are really struggling in the pipeline on forwards in general. We have no one that is close to a top prospect other than Laughton. We have a 2nd tier of Cousins/Straka/etc but thats it. If a defenseman and forward (preferably a winger) are neck for neck Id go with the forward.

We know the Flyers dont go like that though for when a player is ranked ahead they will take that player over the next player in line even if he was a need or the player taken was not a need.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I just want Kapanen or Ritchie. After them, Fleury and Honka.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Jtown

Tuck Larkin Milano Ho Sang are the guys I want.

Old
04-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I would love Kapanen just because of his father and I want Ho sang because of his name.

Old
04-11-2014, 02:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Oh ****, I forgot about this guy, but after Kapanen, I'd love to get Pastrnak. Kid needs to put on some muscle but I think he would do well. He did very well over in Sweden this year and is the sniper that Giroux would love to have .

Old
04-11-2014, 06:07 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Would anyone be upset if the Flyers traded down into the 20's, drafted a guy like Robby Fabri and then picked up more picks along the way?

Old
04-11-2014, 06:14 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

Quote:
Would anyone be upset if the Flyers traded down into the 20's, drafted a guy like Robby Fabri and then picked up more picks along the way?
I actually would prefer to see them trade up (depends on where the pick is).

I doubt we trade down, and I don't think we really should. If a solid LW or D is available at our pick, I see no reason to trade down.

2014 does not have 2013's depth, so although I would like to have more picks, I rather have a higher pick in the first round.

Also, if we traded Grossmann in this draft do think we could move up a couple spots to grab a player like Kapanen or Ehlers? But if the Flyers stay where they are I want to realistically get one of Milano, Fiala, or Pastrnak.

Old
04-11-2014, 06:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I would prefer not to draft another center unless the value is way too good to pass up. If he were to be the best player on the board when picking then so be it.

As for the idea of trading down, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I have no interest in trading up though unless it's a few spots to secure a player.

The top 10 picks will likely be overvalued this year because of what's behind it. While I like some players slotted to go in that range none of them will be worth the price of moving up that far.

Old
04-11-2014, 06:41 PM
LegionOfDoom91

If we do draft a winger I don't care what side he plays. Simmonds & Voracek while these guys are young in their mid-20's they're not young enough to the point where you can neglect getting some prospect depth behind them like you could possibly do with the center spot since you have Couturier, Schenn, & Laughton all in their early-20's.

Old
04-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I would prefer not to draft another center unless the value is way too good to pass up. If he were to be the best player on the board when picking then so be it.

As for the idea of trading down, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I have no interest in trading up though unless it's a few spots to secure a player.

The top 10 picks will likely be overvalued this year because of what's behind it. While I like some players slotted to go in that range none of them will be worth the price of moving up that far.
Giroux was a winger when we drafted him. Gagne a center. Umberger was a center. Carter's been playing wing these last few years.

Bottom line is forwards can be shuffled around without sacrificing production. Some of them at least. Hence why Holmgren needs to go BPA.

Old
04-11-2014, 07:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Giroux was a winger when we drafted him. Gagne a center. Umberger was a center. Carter's been playing wing these last few years.

Bottom line is forwards can be shuffled around without sacrificing production. Some of them at least. Hence why Holmgren needs to go BPA.
Well there you go you basically admitted yourself it's far from a guarantee a player will make a successful transition out of their natural position.

Listing three of the more talented players to have worn a Flyers jersey in the past 10 years doesn't exactly make me feel comfortable that it can be done as easy as you initially make it out to sound.

We've been seeing Schenn fail to make the adjustment over the last few years now & even had him admit to the media the other night that he doesn't feel comfortable playing out of the center position.

The Flyers weren't even going into last years draft with BPA on mind really, they loaded up their board from the 6 to 14 spot with all defensemen a clear need not only in the prospect pool but on the roster as well.

I'm not totally against drafting a center, if one drops & it's too good to pass then go for it I have no problem but looking at where the Flyers will be drafting I like a lot of the wingers & defensemen better than the centers in that range when combining talent & position of need in our under 22 roster.

Old
04-11-2014, 08:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
How about we just got on a run and draft 30th, sorry 29th! Debbies already have the 30th on lock

Old
04-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Jtown

I wouldn't mind us trading down and picking up more picks. Lately the scouts have been killing it just look at the 2012 draft.

Old
04-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I wouldn't mind us trading down and picking up more picks. Lately the scouts have been killing it just look at the 2012 draft.
I would love for them to start taking the highly skilled, smaller guys in later rounds. If you get one to pan out, you could get someone like Nyquist, Atkinson, Vatanen, etc.

Our best round 3-7 picks over the last 10 years are Rinaldo and Maroon. Finding a hidden gem once a while would be nice. And in Detroit's case, it shaped their franchise for 20 years. Take our teams the past 20 years. Then add in that we draft Datsyk, Zetterberg, Fedorov and Lidstrom in rounds 6, 7, 4 and 3. We have to stop drafting 4th liners who have a ok chance to make it and draft skilled guys who have less chance to make it, but if they do, could be top line guys.

Old
04-12-2014, 10:37 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Besides obviously Aaron Ekblad, I would absolutely love Brandon Perlini, but that's likely not happening either.

Most realistically, I'd love Nick Ritchie. Not a fan of picking Kapanen. This team needs to be looking for a more pure goal scorer/shooter if going offense in the 1st. Ritchie is big and has a good shot.

Not a big fan of McKeown. I like Fleury, but he's not likely to be available when we pick.

Closed Thread