HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2014, 10:22 AM
nic16
Rookie User

vCash: 500
If I was Chevy I would hold off on any trade dicussions until PMo has had a month or so with this group. Use PMo's coaching experience to gain some insight into whats working, whats needed, and who could be moved without hurting the team.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
BlueForever

Leaf fan here. Just was wondering if the following trade would interest you at all:

Reimer
Franson
Komarov rights
Kulemin
3rd Round Pick

for

Kane
Montoya

Reimer is a hometown boy still young that is outright better then Pavlec. Franson gives you another young defenseman under control for two more seasons that will help your powerplay. Komarov is owned by the Leafs but only until July. Hes a good 3rd line agitator with a great engine and looks for contact every shift. He's also great on PK. Kulemin is a great defensive forward on a wrong team in the wrong system. He has scored 30 goals before he just needs a change of scenery.

In Kane we get the best player in the deal. And with Montoya we get a backup for trading Reimer to you an immediate need on our end for his departure.

So what do you guys think. Does this work??

Old
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForever View Post
Leaf fan here. Just was wondering if the following trade would interest you at all:

Reimer
Franson
Komarov rights
Kulemin
3rd Round Pick

for

Kane
Montoya

Reimer is a hometown boy still young that is outright better then Pavlec. Franson gives you another young defenseman under control for two more seasons that will help your powerplay. Komarov is owned by the Leafs but only until July. Hes a good 3rd line agitator with a great engine and looks for contact every shift. He's also great on PK. Kulemin is a great defensive forward on a wrong team in the wrong system. He has scored 30 goals before he just needs a change of scenery.

In Kane we get the best player in the deal. And with Montoya we get a backup for trading Reimer to you an immediate need on our end for his departure.

Only interesting piece is really Reimer. No way we give Kane up for that IMO.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:

Reimer
Franson
Komarov rights
Kulemin
3rd Round Pick

for

Kane
Montoya

No thanks. We could certainly find better a quantity in exchange for quality trade elsewhere - if we were interested in trading Kane that is. Reimer represents a questionable upgrade on Pavelec and the balance are a bunch of uninteresting bit parts. Yech.

I'd picket daily at the MTS Centre if our GM made that trade.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:24 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 769
Quote:

Reimer
Franson
Komarov rights
Kulemin
3rd Round Pick

for

Kane
Montoya

Firm pass
Brutal deal for the Jets.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
jetkarma

Kane is an elite piece for this team , no trade unless there is an elite return. Simple.

Size , speed , young , three attributes PM mentioned several times on what he likes , sure Chevy mirrors that opinion.

The possibility / probability that Kane and Scheifele become the dynamic pair up front for this franchise is too real to not pursue unless there is a massive massive return .

Want him? Be prepared to pay a fortune.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:35 PM
nic16
Rookie User

No guarantee that Reimer would be an upgrade over Montoya, nevermind Pavs. And the Jets don't need a hometown boy to help sell tickets.

Kulemin to take Kane's spot in the top 9 would be a huge drop off.

Komorov is not even playing in the NHL, and with his rights expiring why would a team bother trading for them??

The Jets have Bogo and Trouba taking up most of the RD mins with Buff upfront so really no need for Franson.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

vCash: 50
I agree this is a bad deal for the Jets, but you guys are seriously insulting Riemer to say he wouldn't be an upgrade on Pavelec.

Lets be fair. Unfair deal, but lets value the goalie at what he's worth here.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:12 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
I agree this is a bad deal for the Jets, but you guys are seriously insulting Riemer to say he wouldn't be an upgrade on Pavelec.

Lets be fair. Unfair deal, but lets value the goalie at what he's worth here.
This is from the main board regarding Reimer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Stop overrating your backup goalie. You won't get a top six winger for him. At all. Or a top 4 defenseman. You got Bernier, a goalie with more perceived upside, for a grinder, a prospect and a pick. You'll be lucky to get the same return for an upcoming RFA who hasn't proven he can be a starter, but wants the starters job anyway.

Last edited by wpgsilver: 01-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old
01-14-2014, 03:17 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
This is from the main board regarding Reimber...
I should state, I'm not referring to his trade value so much as his value as a goalie compared to the goalie we have now. Sorry to be unclear there.

Anyone who says "he's not even an upgrade over pavelec" can give their head a shake.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
jamwires

Well, Anaheim got Silfverberg, Noesen and a 1st for Bobby Ryan - let's just keep that in mind. If it were me, I'd rather have Bobby Ryan over Evander Kane...

I'm not saying that every trade is the same, or that Kane and Ryan are the same, but they are in the same ballpark. If Kane gets moved, expect something along those lines for a return package, IMO.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
Well, Anaheim got Silfverberg, Noesen and a 1st for Bobby Ryan - let's just keep that in mind. If it were me, I'd rather have Bobby Ryan over Evander Kane...

I'm not saying that every trade is the same, or that Kane and Ryan are the same, but they are in the same ballpark. If Kane gets moved, expect something along those lines for a return package, IMO.
You're completely ignoring age and contract status...

Old
01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
And Cap issues for the Ducks IIRC. After signing Getzlaf and Perry I don't think the Ducks had the room to sign Ryan as well. I think otherwise they'd probably have been happy to retain him.

We don't have that issue with Kane at all, still four years left after this season at a reasonable NHL salary. We simply aren't in need of moving Kane for any reason at this point. So a reasonable return isn't necessary for Chevy to look for, he has no need to be fair or sensible at all. Someone wants to be silly, then yeah, he'll listen.

Old
01-14-2014, 04:03 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
And Cap issues for the Ducks IIRC. After signing Getzlaf and Perry I don't think the Ducks had the room to sign Ryan as well. I think otherwise they'd probably have been happy to retain him.

We don't have that issue with Kane at all, still four years left after this season at a reasonable NHL salary. We simply aren't in need of moving Kane for any reason at this point. So a reasonable return isn't necessary for Chevy to look for, he has no need to be fair or sensible at all. Someone wants to be silly, then yeah, he'll listen.
Good points.

The Ducks were looking to, and motivated to move Ryan. We are not in that situation, at all.

Old
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwires View Post

Quote:
Exactly. Ryan has only one more contract year before he is UFA. If Ryan and Kane are equivalent players, you are getting at least "twice" the player with Kane because he is tied up for more than twice as long on his current contract.

Old
01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
DougGilmour93

Hey Jets fans!

Leaf fan here coming in peace.

What would you guys think of something like this?

To Toronto:
A.Ladd
Z.Bogosian

To Winnipeg:
N.Kadri
C.Franson
J.Reimer

I'd love to hear feedback from your fanbase. Thanks

Cheers

Old
01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Hey Jets fans!

To Toronto:
A.Ladd
Z.Bogosian

To Winnipeg:
N.Kadri
C.Franson
J.Reimer

Cheers
I would pass.
I don't hate Kadri like many on this board, but I'm not sure he addresses a need. Further I'm not sure he would mesh with the type of team we want to build.

As for Franson and Reimer they're both pretty meh for me. Franson could be a good second pairing defencemen and Reimer will be an average goalie.

Not sure I'd give up our captain and a young defencemen that I still have faith in for that package.

Not a brutal offer though.

Old
01-14-2014, 08:34 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
I would pass.
I don't hate Kadri like many on this board, but I'm not sure he addresses a need. Further I'm not sure he would mesh with the type of team we want to build.

As for Franson and Reimer they're both pretty meh for me. Franson could be a good second pairing defencemen and Reimer will be an average goalie.

Not sure I'd give up our captain and a young defencemen that I still have faith in for that package.

Not a brutal offer though.
Counter offer? Or what just for Ladd?

Old
01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Counter offer? Or what just for Ladd?
I don't have a counter.
I don't have any desire to trade Ladd. If we're trading our captain we need to be tangibly improving our team. I think with your roster the value to us is greater than he is to you.

Bogosian could be moved, but again I don't think we're good trade partners.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Wpgpage

Buffy to the Rangers has been going around the trade board a bit lately, MDZ would obviously be coming back along with some younger talent. What are peoples thoughts on that one? Personally if the Jets could get MDZ and someone like JT Miller back I would be fine with that, however I am much higher on MDZ than most.

Enstrom/Trouba
MDZ/Bogo
Stu/Redmond
Clitsome/Postma

That just looks awesome to me I'm a big fan of having a decent PMD beside a guy that can lug the puck up the ice and rush. Anyway just thought I would bring up the Rangers as they are a team that has not been mentioned much in regards to Buff (given how tight lipped TNSE is that might actually be a good sign) and there is a clear need in NY for a Buffy type of player.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
nic16
Rookie User

I don't see Chevy having any interest in trading a young d-man like Bogo this early in his career. Bogo has all the intangibles to become a top end shutdown defender that also has the ability to kick in some offence. He is highly respected by his teammates and will protect them when the time arises. Guys like Bogo wear a letter on their jersey once they establish consistency in their game.

Ladd would also be very tough for Chevy to move at this time. He just brought in a new coach, so I doubtly he would make him start his new job without the team captain.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Hey Jets fans!

To Toronto:
A.Ladd
Z.Bogosian

To Winnipeg:
N.Kadri
C.Franson
J.Reimer

Cheers
Not even remotely close. Franson is the most offered and overrated player out of Toronto. Not sold that he offers more than a Paul Postma, to be completely honest. Franson has just had more opportunity. Kadri is an overrated punk. Reimer is a piece I would like but not nearly at that price.

Ladd is simply not going to be traded. At least not this year. If he refuses to re-sign after this season (god I hope not) then he MIGHT be on the market.

Bogosian can be had, but it's got to be for a better looking package than that (yup I would not trade Bogo alone for that package).

My counter if we want to base it off Bogo v Reimer...

RD Zach Bogosian

For

LD Carl Gunnarsson
G James Reimer
C Frederick Gauthier
TOR 2nd Round Pick

Old
01-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not even remotely close. Franson is the most offered and overrated player out of Toronto. Not sold that he offers more than a Paul Postma, to be completely honest. Franson has just had more opportunity. Kadri is an overrated punk. Reimer is a piece I would like but not nearly at that price.

Ladd is simply not going to be traded. At least not this year. If he refuses to re-sign after this season (god I hope not) then he MIGHT be on the market.

Bogosian can be had, but it's got to be for a better looking package than that (yup I would not trade Bogo alone for that package).

My counter if we want to base it off Bogo v Reimer...

RD Zach Bogosian

For

LD Carl Gunnarsson
G James Reimer
C Frederick Gauthier
TOR 2nd Round Pick
I just don't see the appeal with Gauthier. I am so glad that the Jets didn't draft him with their 13th overall pick. He seems like a bigger but slower version of Wright. What am I missing?

Old
01-15-2014, 06:51 AM
EpicGingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I just don't see the appeal with Gauthier. I am so glad that the Jets didn't draft him with their 13th overall pick. He seems like a bigger but slower version of Wright. What am I missing?
If all plays out right he's supposed to become a very good third pairing shutdown center who can put up 30-45 points, which is a valuable piece.

Not a piece that I'm interested in a trade though, especially with how much his perceived value changes the balance of a trade.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
If all plays out right he's supposed to become a very good third pairing shutdown center who can put up 30-45 points, which is a valuable piece.

Not a piece that I'm interested in a trade though, especially with how much his perceived value changes the balance of a trade.
I have a hard time seeing the 30-45 points. He has 7 goals and 18 assists in 31 games in Junior in his year after the draft. I don't know what the NHL equivalent is, but I doubt it's anywhere close to 30-45 points. Perhaps he's a slow developing player, but it seems just as likely that he's a 4th liner (a few years away) as a 3rd liner. Besides, I think the Jets' system has a few 3-4th line prospects, so where does Gauthier fit? I like Lowry and Copp better at this point.

Closed Thread