HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HF Fresh|Season 1|7 Teams Available|

Old
01-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I don't care about ice time really. If my 1st line has green I'm putting them out.
x2. If both my 1st and 4th lines are fully green during a whistle, I'm gonna always take the best line.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

So apparently this isn't a "sim" league then? I just want to know so I know if I need to learn to glitch and stuff.

Since the last 2 guys to post are running their top lines out over 31 minutes a game, I assume it's not a very realistic league.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:06 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So apparently this isn't a "sim" league then? I just want to know so I know if I need to learn to glitch and stuff.

Since the last 2 guys to post are running their top lines out over 31 minutes a game, I assume it's not a very realistic league.

Pretty sure neither of my top 2 forward lines have played 30+ mins yet & they rarely, if ever will. Normally they're in the 20-25 minute range but if I get a run of PPs or have to PK a lot some forwards may be close to the 30 minute mark. Defensively the same goes except the top pairing will be in the 25-35 range.

Edit:

I'd like to add that sometimes my players refuse to change. I've got the new line set to come out so I regroup waiting for the change & it never happens. The only way they'd change is if there was a faceoff. If we set limits in place for Ice time, say 25 for a forward, & my top line LW plays 22:17 after the 1st 2 periods because of a run of PPs & he go a ton of ice time because he didn't change does that mean after he plays another 3 minutes I have to edit my lines to take him off or just not play my 1st line?

Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 01-17-2014 at 10:03 AM.
DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:52 AM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

Alright guys,

Did we come to a conclusion on what were planning on doing with the CPUs tonight? Play or Sim?

joestud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 09:59 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestud View Post
Alright guys,

Did we come to a conclusion on what were planning on doing with the CPUs tonight? Play or Sim?
I think they said that on the days of the SIM you're allowed to play the computers.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Pretty sure neither of my top 2 forward lines have played 30+ mins yet & they rarely, if ever will. Normally they're in the 20-25 minute range but if I get a run of PPs or have to PK a lot some forwards may be close to the 30 minute mark. Defensively the same goes except the top pairing will be in the 25-35 range.

Edit:

I'd like to add that sometimes my players refuse to change. I've got the new line set to come out so I regroup waiting for the change & it never happens. The only way they'd change is if there was a faceoff. If we set limits in place for Ice time, say 25 for a forward, & my top line LW plays 22:17 after the 1st 2 periods because of a run of PPs & he go a ton of ice time because he didn't change does that mean after he plays another 3 minutes I have to edit my lines to take him off or just not play my 1st line?
Little is averaging 32.3 minutes a game. You can always make your guy change by skating him to the bench. I know I do it all the time.

In Bluth the limits are 27 min for forwards and 30 for defenseman. I think that's more than enough ice time per player. I'm not saying there needs to be that specific limit but no nhl forward has or will ever averaged more than 30 minutes of ice time.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:22 AM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

Quote:
Little is averaging 32.3 minutes a game. You can always make your guy change by skating him to the bench. I know I do it all the time.

In Bluth the limits are 27 min for forwards and 30 for defenseman. I think that's more than enough ice time per player. I'm not saying there needs to be that specific limit but no nhl forward has or will ever averaged more than 30 minutes of ice time.
only time my 4th line gets on the ice is by accident.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:37 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:

It's not by choice. If I'm skating up the ice I'm not going to stop and skate a guy to the bench. Like you've said yourself the AI is dumb so why should we impose penalties on people when it's the AIs fault it can't & won't skate to the bench.

It's also just Little that is over 30 minutes, which is a by product of him being the #1C,#1 PP & #1 PK. The only other forwards above 25 are Ladd & Wheeler which is certainly not my top 2 lines.

Old
01-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
only time my 4th line gets on the ice is by accident.
Not to call you out, because I haven't played you, but I think that's the kind of thing that people are referencing.

There's absolutely no reason not to have every player play at least 2 shifts in the course of the game--so like 3:00-5:00 a piece. It is completely unrealistic to only rely on a few lines and two D pairings.

That being said, it is up to the two guys who started the league to clarify what sort of gameplay we are going for. If a more realistic style isn't the goal and top lines can play 30-40 minutes a game, then at least everyone knows that--and they can decide 1) whether they too want to repeatedly use their top guys, and 2) whether this league is for them.

My ice-times distribution generally breaks down as follows:

Line 1: 22:00-24:00 minutes
Line 2: 18:00-22:00
Line 3: 15:00-18:00
Line 4: 3:00-6:00

1st Pairing: 24:00-28:00
2nd Pairing: 22:00-24:00
3rd Pairing: 10:00-15:00

Obviously that doesn't add up to exactly 60 minutes each game, and some players within each line and pairing get more minutes than others because of special teams, but that's the general distribution. I don't use my top-line on the PK (because I dump the puck anyway unless I create a blue-line turnover or am losing in the 3rd period). I haven't been using my 4th line as much in this league because no one else was, so they've only been getting one shift a game. Jamie Oleksiak tends to play less because he doesn't get PP time and I don't tend to take a lot of penalties.

That's the norm across my the league that I'm in--I haven't checked my stats closely in HF Fresh, but I'm sure that they are at least somewhat close--and I think that's a pretty reasonable distribution.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-17-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Not to call you out, because I haven't played you, but I think that's the kind of thing that people are referencing.

There's absolutely no reason not to have every player play at least 2 shifts in the course of the game--so like 3:00-5:00 a piece. It is completely unrealistic to only rely on a few lines and two D pairings.

That being said, it is up to the two guys who started the league to clarify what sort of gameplay we are going for. If a more realistic style isn't the goal and top lines can play 30-40 minutes a game, then at least everyone knows that--and they can decide 1) whether they too want to repeatedly use their top guys, and 2) whether this league is for them.

My ice-times distribution generally breaks down as follows:

Line 1: 22:00-24:00 minutes
Line 2: 18:00-22:00
Line 3: 15:00-18:00
Line 4: 3:00-6:00

1st Pairing: 24:00-28:00
2nd Pairing: 22:00-24:00
3rd Pairing: 10:00-15:00

Obviously that doesn't add up to exactly 60 minutes each game, and some players within each line and pairing get more minutes than others because of special teams, but that's the general distribution. I haven't been using my 4th line as much in this league because no one else was, so they've only been getting one shift a game. Jamie Oleksiak tends to play less because he doesn't get PP time and I don't tend to take a lot of penalties.

That's the norm across my the league that I'm in--I haven't checked my stats closely in HF Fresh, but I'm sure that they are at least somewhat close--and I think that's a pretty reasonable distribution.
I know if I was running the league this is way to much foolishness to worry about, I wouldn't put a cap on anything cause its too hard to track and enforce.(please don't tell me that its not hard to track and enforce cause I don't care).

Old
01-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
I know if I was running the league this is way to much foolishness to worry about, I wouldn't put a cap on anything cause its too hard to track and enforce.(please don't tell me that its not hard to track and enforce cause I don't care).
It's not that hard to track and enforce.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

It isn't that hard, but like I said, it just depends on what kind of league they want. Most guys play GMC because they want a more realistic style of gameplay than you get from HUT and online VS.

Anyway, it is what it is. I think its fair to say that this league is going to be very different from most of the others. That's probably not a bad thing.

Old
01-17-2014, 11:19 AM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 252
It doesn't matter to me. I could care less what the rules are. My 4th line plays about 3-6 minutes depending on PP,PK etc. But even though they play that I still sometimes have 1 guy above 30 mins. Not on purpose, it just happens. I Don't really care if you do it to me, because I play the game rather than complain. Not to be a dick, but people complain a lot about the game too much. Not all, but a few.

I also play GMC to play have fun. It doesn't really matter to me what rules are in the league, I will follow them. As for realistic style of gameplay, I play like that, but once you score a cheesy goal, or tie me up over and over...the gloves are off.

Last edited by RaginStajan: 01-17-2014 at 11:25 AM.
RaginStajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

Why have a salary cap then if the bottom two lines don't matter? Only the top two lines should count towards it if that's all anyone is going to put on the ice.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Sent in a request for the Panthers if they're still available.

dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Oh Echo
Legend In The Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
Sent in a request for the Panthers if they're still available.
They are still available and i will accept it later. Welcome to the league.

Oh Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Oh Echo
Legend In The Making

Just so everyone knows. If you have a cpu game, you can only play or sim it on the day of the league sim. So you could play it today since the first sim is today.

Oh Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:25 PM
ChuckWoods

I would prefer if Florida was accepted after sim.

I only have a 1hr time slot today to play and I have been waiting days to play Florida.

I dont want to have to sim because the team is filled in the final hours, leaving me with no chance to even play Florida.

I am essentially forced to sim.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Mav3rick07
Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Echo View Post
Just so everyone knows. If you have a cpu game, you can only play or sim it on the day of the league sim. So you could play it today since the first sim is today.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't play the CPU yesterday. Got my leagues mixed up lmao

As for the ice-time rules, I'm pretty much on the fence. I guess I haven't been playing GM connected long enough to come to a conclusion quite yet. I think it's silly not to play your 4th line because they do serve a purpose but I could see it being difficult to monitor.

One rule I am a fan of is not being allowed to score cheesy goals over and over(aka the cross crease pass). All my games have been fair so-far but I know how frustrating it can be when you get scored on like this over and over. Plus, it makes the game way more fun and creative when you can't use these overused goals over and over.

Last edited by Mav3rick07: 01-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Mav3rick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:37 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I would prefer if Florida was accepted after sim.

I only have a 1hr time slot today to play and I have been waiting days to play Florida.

I dont want to have to sim because the team is filled in the final hours, leaving me with no chance to even play Florida.

I am essentially forced to sim.
If I get accepted any time before about 6pm cst today, I can enable my cpu very quickly. Obviously people should be able to play my CPU if I wasn't in for almost the entire block. I'm still bored at home on break from school, so I can get on right away if I do get accepted soon.

By the way, if you need it for the OP, my GT is Bicktacular

dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rick07 View Post
I did not know this. My apologies, since I played the CPU last night.

As for the ice-time rules, I'm pretty much on the fence. I guess I haven't been playing GM connected long enough to come to a conclusion quite yet. I think it's silly not to play your 4th line because they do serve a purpose but I could see it being difficult to monitor.

One rule I am a fan of is not being allowed to score cheesy goals over and over(aka the cross crease pass). All my games have been fair so-far but I know how frustrating it can be when you get scored on like this over and over. Plus, it makes the game way more fun and creative when you can't use these overused goals over and over.
Cross crease pass? As in, pass across for a tap-in goal? I know some people have an issue with passing then shooting back across the goalie (cross-crease shot).

I don't see how that can be considered cheeze. If you can get it through, it should be a high-percentage change because the goalie doesn't have a change to get set. Honestly, I'm pretty much fine with any goal that comes directly off a passing play because it is a significantly more difficult play than deking or shooting (BHFH, repeated high shortside, shield-and-shoot shortside, etc.) The rebound-shot falls somewhere in between--it is a realistic play that works unrealistically well.

EDIT: That being said, no play should be used over and over again in the same game. I think that goes without saying, right?

Old
01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
If I get accepted any time before about 6pm cst today, I can enable my cpu very quickly. Obviously people should be able to play my CPU if I wasn't in for almost the entire block. I'm still bored at home on break from school, so I can get on right away if I do get accepted soon.

Much appreciated!

You have always been pure class and this league is lucky to have you!

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

You got a point when I was ****ing around and nearly lost to your CPU.

I was so worried about running up the score that I forgot to actually play--and then the Kitties scored two silly 3rd period goals to tie it and send it to OT.

Old
01-17-2014, 12:44 PM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 252
Cross crease goals only happen if your not playing defense right. Don't allow the other team to do it. Very easy to defend.

RaginStajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 12:52 PM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

a lot of these things are crazy, time limits for players, goalie max, no cross creases. Comeon guys this is craziness lol. No crazy rules like any of these.